One of the most important parts of our outer beauty or looks is our hair. Hair loss is one of the major issues faced by anyone today which is why it is challenging to prevent hair loss and give attention to the necessary hair care.
Are you also bored by artificially straightening the hair and paying your salon bills to make sure that your hair stays healthy? Why would anyone else be paid for your hair health? Can you make your hair healthier yourself effortlessly? You must try lavender oil for hair problems and see the amazing results in a few days.
- Types of Hair Problems
- What is Lavender oil?
- Benefits Of Lavender Oil
- Lavender Oil for Hair Problems
- How to make Lavender Oil?
- Other Home Remedies
Types of Hair Problems
Following are the major types of hair problems experienced by most people: –
- Greying Hair
- Hair Thinning
- Brittle Hair
- Hair Loss
- Split Ends
- Frizzy Hair
- Dry Scalp
- Greasy Hair
Causes of Hair Problems
Significant causes of hair problems are: –
- Genetic Factors
- Hereditary Causes
- Lack of nutrition
- Lack of sleep
- Medicinal factors
What is Lavender oil?
Lavender species are the genus of about 30 species of the mint family, commonly found in herb gardens for their fragrant leaves and attractive flowers. The authentic scent of lavender distinguishes itself from every other plant.
Beautiful the flower look, its beauty is a personification of its smell. It is believed to have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, hence is used as a medication for alopecia areata; the condition in which the sudden hair loss starts with one or more circular bald patches that may overlap.
The scented oil distilled from lavender flowers is the lavender essential oil, which like most essential oils, is kind in controlling hair loss(1), dry scalp, dandruff, and scalp inflammations. It is believed to be the most versatile of all essential oils. It is most commonly known for its relaxing effects as it comes under the category of herb family. The fragrance is relaxing, calming and balancing, both physically and emotionally.
It is also used as a home remedy for skin inflammations, burns and it helps in controlling scalp inflammations and dryness as well. Lavender oil in contrast to the plant form, is toxic when swallowed. The medicinal benefits are the most, and it also helps to treat depression and anxiety.
What Are The Benefits Of Lavender Oil For Hair?
There are so many medicinal properties associated with it; this makes it used in a wide range of products. There are several benefits of lavender oil for hair as it deep conditions the hair and keeps it shiny and control dandruff. So, if you are urging for some relaxing message especially during winters. Lavender oil will give you relaxation and control dandruff as well as protect your scalp from getting dry.
Since always, people have used oils and tried many home remedies to control hair loss and maintain the quality of hair. Lavender oil, which is an essential oil may be the rescue of what you are looking for!
How To Make Lavender Oil for Hair Problems?
Today, you don’t have to worry a lot about the solutions for acute or long-term hair loss problems. Dandruff can be sent back by using the benefits of this essential oil.
You only need a few drops of lavender oil for hair problems. The oil is strong and can have side effects if over-application is done. So, use it slowly and enjoy the ultimate benefits of the same.
Following are the steps to use the Lavender oil for hair problems, remember 1-2 drops at a time because it is inherently precious!
1. Mix a few drops of lavender oil in a shampoo or conditioner. Or mix few drops in the bottle of the “carrier” oil; i.e. the coconut oil(2) or olive oil.
2. Apply the oil mixture in your head, the hot message is recommended; it is more relaxing!
3. After applying the oil; cover your head in a towel or shower cap and leave it for 30 minutes and let it spread the magic!
4. Wash out the same in the morning or an hour later. Make sure you thoroughly rinse out the oil mixture from your head. If you leave them too long, it tends to weigh down the hair and leave them limp and oily. Enjoy relaxing hot bubble shower of an hour long!
Safety and Precautions
Be careful when you use lavender oil(1) for hair problems, they are powerful enough to give adverse effects if not taken proper care. Take extra care if you have sensitive skin. Test by applying little by little and make sure that you are not allergic to them. Well, if you are not, lavender oil will help you control the hair loss of any kind and take proper care of your physical, mental health giving you meditative soothe feeling.
How to make Lavender Oil?
Below are the excellent home recipes as they are easy to make can be used with any amount of lavender. The homemade lavender oils are the ready-to-use product for your hair loss control.
1. Cut the fresh lavender flowers and dry them. Take more quantity of flowers than you think you might need since the making of the oil may not be easy, and the high-concentrated oil will require the fresh lavender as much as it can be used.
2. Dry the lavender leaves and keep it wrapped during the process so as the essential contents like aroma and oil does not get damaged or wasted by any chance (remember, they are crucial!)
Freshly cut leaves may take about 2-3 weeks to dry completely. Dry it until it is withered and not crunchy to protect it from spoiling your experience.
3. Lightly crush the lavender and place it in a jar or glass bottle. Do it with your hands or use the heavy object to expose its fragrance better.
4. Pour the “carrier” oil into the scented jar. It can be coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil which are commonly used for the head application.
5. Soak the crushed lavender in a jar or bottle and let it aside for typically six weeks and allow it to infuse and blend perfectly well. Older the oil, better the treatment!
6. Heat the oil carefully to activate the fusing cells to make it even more robust. The low-temperature heat source is highly recommended as too much heat can affect the aroma and can lose its essence.
7. Strain the oil into the dark colored bottle and store it to create the magic!
You need to go out for the lavender hunt to activate the experience, and you are up for it!
Lavender oil side effects
As essential as it seems, lavender oil(3) also has its side effects if not taken care of or used in a wrong direction. As good and reliable as it may look-
1. If you inhale the lavender oil or even try to inhale the scent of the same, do it with the caution in case you are on antidepressants. The correct way will make you feel relaxed, or it will make you feel sleepy or drowsy.
2. Never ingest essential oils of any kind. Never consume through the mouth, these are meant solely for external use only. Also, never use them directly without diluting them with the ‘carrier’ oil.
3. Make sure you do not apply the excessive oil on the scalp and oil or let it drip through your forehead or accidentally rush it into your eyes, it will trigger scalp inflammations even more if exploited.
4. Make sure you aren’t allergic to the lavender oil by experimenting by applying it little by little.
[Also Read: Emu Oil for Hair Problems]
Other Home Remedies for hair problems
You can also follow the below-mentioned home remedies in addition to the lavender oil for hair problems to get long-lasting relief: –
Apply warm coconut oil to your hair gently and massage for a few minutes. Let it stay for a couple of hours and wash off with warm water. Repeat thrice a week.
Take some yogurt and apply it generously through your hair including roots. Let it stay for half an hour and then wash off with a good shampoo.
Mix one tbsp lemon juice with two tbsp warm water. Massage it gently on your scalp and wash off with warm water after two hours.
Everywhere people are raving about the fantastic benefits of Pure lavender oil because of its versatility in healing. Lavender oil does help in deep hair conditioning keeping it shiny and aids in control scalp inflammation and dandruff.
Many patients of alopecia areata have healed with the magical effects of lavender oil for controlling hair loss. Proven research regarding its medicinal benefits suggests the cheap home remedy to take care of your hair. Remember a few drops of essentially precious oil is all that you need to prevent hair loss!