Everyone loves hair that defines the style, looks, face, and personality. With hectic lifestyles and pollution, baldness, hair fall, and impaired growth are common hair issues that people face. Moreover, making the hair healthier and stronger is not an easy task. It requires daily nourishment with the best oils to make it stronger and healthier.
But what if we say that olive oil gives impressive results and best results for hair growth? Yes, it does! If you are wondering on how to use olive oil for hair loss, use this wide range of natural and home remedies of olive oil.
Did You Know!
How Does Olive Oil Help Treat Hair Loss?
One of the major reasons for hair loss is the production of DHT, which attacks the hair follicles and weakens it, thus leading to hair loss. Olive oil helps block the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT)(1) and therefore helps reduce hair fall.
The oil is highly rich in antioxidants. This helps maintain scalp and hair health and prevents them from damaged. The antioxidants help free radicals and prevent damage. Moreover, the olive oil nourishes the follicles and conditions the hair.
[Also Read: Olive Oil For Lustrous Hair]
How to Use Olive Oil for Hair Loss
1. Olive Oil and Egg
The egg itself is good for hair growth, but adding olive oil to it adds extra benefit for your hair growth. The moisturizing effects of the olive oil and strengthening effects of the egg support hair growth. Eggs are rich in protein, biotin, zinc, sulfur, and pantothenic acid, which gives excellent results for shiny and healthy hair.
The combination is highly rich in vitamins A, D, E, and B12. Egg yolks are one of the few foods that contain vitamin D, a remarkable product that promotes new hair growth. Also, it contains Vitamin E, which protects your hair from sun damage and pollution. The vitamin B12 nourishes the hair follicles and reduces the hair fall.
- Take a bowl, whisk the egg whites and the oil until the two are mixed well.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and the scalp.
- Once your hair and scalp are fully covered, leave the mixture to dry for the next 15 minutes.
- Use a shower cap to cover your hair.
- After 15 minutes, rinse off your hair with lukewarm water, and a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
How much to use?
The mixture of Olive oil and egg nourishes the hair and supports your hair growth and can be used 1-2 times a week.
[Also Read: Proven Essential Oils for Hair Loss]
2. Cinnamon, Honey and Olive Oil
Cinnamon is a great ingredient that helps improve blood circulation and stimulates your hair re-growth. Honey strengthens the hair follicles and curbs the hair fall.
Both are rich in antioxidants and prevent damage to your scalp and hair health. The combination of cinnamon and honey for hair growth is meant to stimulate the scalp. Also, the mixture helps improve hair health and also ensures that the new growth is healthy and strong.
- Add 1 tbsp of cinnamon, honey and 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Mix well until you get a smooth, consistent mixture
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and to the tips of your hair
- Leave the mask on for about 15-20 minutes
- You can wear a shower cap to avoid the mess.
- Wash off your hair with cool or lukewarm water with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
How much to use?
Do it once or twice a week for best results.
[Also Read: Benefits of Rosemary Oil for Hair Loss]
3. Olive Oil and Garlic
Garlic contains a lot of health benefits. Garlic is highly rich in minerals that are vital for hair growth. Also, garlic is a rich source of vitamin C, which is known to boost the rate at which hair grows. The antimicrobial properties present in garlic help maintain the scalp’s health while strengthening the hair follicles. Embrace the benefits of garlic and olive oil for hair loss.
- Take ten fresh peeled garlic cloves and 1/4th cup of olive oil.
- Add the ingredients and blend them to get a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your scalp.
- Leave it for 45 minutes and wash it off with cool or lukewarm water and a mild sulfate-free shampoo
How much to use?
Follow this remedy for at least 2-3 times a week
4. Olive Oil and Rosemary
Rosemary helps to balance the oil production in your scalp and olive conditions your hair without weighing it down. Excessive oil production causes clogging of pores and hair fall too. The combination with olive oil stimulates your scalp and encourages hair re-growth. Read on to how to use olive a rosemary for better hair growth.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of olive oil and 3-4 drops of rosemary essential oil.
- Combine the oils and heat it for about 30 seconds until it is slightly warm.
- Gently massage the oil into your scalp thoroughly for 10 minutes.
- Leave the oil in your scalp and hair for another 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and a mild sulfate-free shampoo
How much to use?
You can do this 2-3 times a week for curbing hair loss.
[Also Read: Coconut Oil For Treating Hair loss]
5. Olive Oil and Ginger
Ginger increases the scalp circulation that results in a good flow of blood to the scalp. Ginger stimulates the hair follicles and encourages better hair growth. Moreover, it also helps tackle dryness and soothes scalp issues such as dandruff. Read on to know how to use the ginger and olive oil for hair loss.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive and ginger paste and mix well.
- Gently massage the mixture into your scalp with your fingertips.
- Continue for another 5 minutes to boost blood circulation.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash the oil with cool or lukewarm water and a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
How much to use?
Do it 2-3 times a week to prevent hair loss.
The natural home remedies of olive oil for hair loss are discussed and are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on your hair and scalp. Give it a try and see the results for yourself. Olive oil in combination with garlic, cinnamon, and rosemary, strengthens the hair follicles and combats the hair fall. However, if you experience any itchy sensation on your scalp, make sure you consult with a physician.
1. Can I mix coconut oil and olive oil for hair?
Yes, mixing both coconut oil and olive oil can give your hair the best of both worlds. Warm both the oils separately and blend them. Apply the warm oil to your scalp and rub it in gently with your fingers. Wrap your head in a warm towel for 2 hours and wash your hair. Ideally, keeping it overnight and washing your hair the next morning can give you desired results too.
2. Can I leave olive oil in my hair overnight?
Olivie oil helps a great deal in bringing brittle and dull hair to life. Leaving it overnight will add the much-needed moisture and will nourish your hair.
3. Can olive oil thicken hair?
It is no exaggeration to say that Olive oil is the one-stop solution for all your hair woes. The Omega-3 fatty acids present in it will make your hair thicker and voluminous.