So how do you get rid of pimples on your bum? Pimples on your butt can be literally and figuratively a pain in your behind. However, there’s a good chance those little red bumps on your butt are caused by a condition called folliculitis. This happens when a build of dead skin cells and bacteria get inside hair follicles. The bumps can be painful and occasionally itchy. Most of all, however, they’re annoying.
Breakouts in the butt area are a problem that affects 10 to 15 percent of the population. And the first piece of important information? Those breakouts aren’t zits.
Butt pimples can be a constant source of irritation that reminds you of their presence every day. Learn the best practices as well as the root causes and prevention of butt acne to banish them from your life once and for all.
What is Butt Acne?
Butt acne is a dermatological condition that occurs when due to the infection or inflammation of the hair follicles that results in the appearance of acne-like spots on the surface of the butt cheeks.
[Also Read: Essential Oils to Treat Acne]
What Causes Butt Acne?
The inflammation of the hair follicles on the surface of the butt occurs due to the accumulation of excessive oil, sebum, dead skin cells, and impurities.
Some of its causes are
- Lack of hygiene
- Excessive use of harsh soaps, creams, etc.
- Diabetes and more.
Top 5 Proven Methods for a Natural Cure for Butt Acne
Butt acne can be quickly taken care of by the administration of simple home remedies. If you are wondering on how to get rid of butt acne and rejuvenate the lovely freshness of your skin, then follow through with the treatments elucidated below to restore the healthy glow of your butts.
CURE 1: Foods
Papaya is incredibly beneficial for the natural cure of acne on my butt and butt acne scars.
How to use?
- Peel papaya and remove all of its seeds
- Mash the papaya into a smooth paste
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the papaya mash
- Smear the papaya paste all over cystic acne on the butt
- Rinse it off after about half an hour
- Do this twice a day for the acne on but cheeks to disappear fast
Benefits of using papaya
Papaya possesses an abundant variety of vitamins and minerals that nourish the skin and protect it from several skin diseases. Papaya is rich in flavonoids that make it a powerhouse of antioxidants. It contains papain which is a proteolytic enzyme that can control the breakout of clear butt acne and heal butt acne scars.
Make sure that the papaya is fresh and ripe before applying it on the affected areas of the skin.
[ Read: Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally ]
Bananas are one of the most effective home remedies for how to get rid of butt acne scars and pimples.
How to use?
- Peel a ripe banana
- Pound the banana into a smooth mash
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to the banana mash
- Smear the banana paste all over the clear butt acne
- Rinse it off after about 30 minutes
- Do this twice a day for the severe butt acne to fade
Benefits of using banana
Banana is rich in potassium, Vitamin B-Complex, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin E, lectin and amino acid. The application of the banana paste aids in the nourishment and hydration of the skin.
Banana helps in the elimination of oil and sebum. It exfoliates the skin and gets rid of dead skin cells from the butt acne scars. It also helps in cleansing the skin and preventing microbial action and infection.
Make sure that the banana is fresh and ripe before applying it on the affected areas of the skin.
|Foods to Eat||Foods to Avoid|
|Green tea||Spicy junk food|
|Avocado||Processed fruit juice|
|Sunflower seeds||Oily food|
CURE 2: Herbal Treatment
1. Aloe vera
Aloe vera(1) is one of the most refreshing home remedies for how to get rid of butt acne.
How to use?
- Slit a fresh leaf of aloe vera and cut the gel out of it
- Add a teaspoon of vitamin E oil to the gel to make a smooth paste
- Apply the paste evenly to the acne on butt cheeks
- Rinse it off after about 10-15 minutes
- Do this twice a day for the butt pimples to vanish fast
Benefits of using aloe vera
Aloe vera is replete with antioxidants and antimicrobial properties. Topical application of the gel combats against folliculitis buttocks by curing the inflammation and infection of the skin and soothing the pain and irritation of butt acne scars.
Check this page for the Best Aloe Vera Gel Online.
If your skin is allergic to aloe vera gel, then do not proceed with this remedy.
[ Read: Benefits of Aloe Vera for Skin ]
CURE 3: Essential Oils
1. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree essential oil(2) is one of the most effective essential oils for how to get rid of butt acne.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of tea tree essential oil to a tablespoon of olive oil
- Massage the cystic acne on the butt with the oil mixture before going to bed at night
- Rinse the butt cheeks in the next morning with plain water
- Do this every night for the folliculitis buttocks to get cured
Benefits of tea tree essential oil
Tea tree essential oil is rich in antimicrobial properties that help in keeping infection of the butt pimples at bay. Smearing the skin with tea tree essential oil helps to heal the butt acne scars and repair the ruptured tissues and epidermis.
Do a patch test on the skin with diluted tea tree essential oil to test the sensitivity of the skin before applying it to the affected area.
You can also find the best tea tree oil online.
CURE 4: Home Remedies
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is as a panacea for all kinds of dermatological disorders.
How to use?
- Mix a cup each of plain water and apple cider vinegar to prepare a solution
- Soak a cotton swab in the solution and dab the butt acne scars and cystic butt acne with it
- Rinse the butt pimples with plain water
- Do this on a daily basis for the butt pimples and blemishes to heal.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known for its antifungal and antimicrobial properties. Its weak acid content helps in the inhibition of microbial action and prevents the infection and inflammation of butt acne scars and cystic butt acne. It also helps in cleansing the hair follicles on the butt cheeks and getting rid of excessive oil and sebum.
Dilute the apple cider vinegar with water before applying it on the skin for how to get rid of butt acne.
[ Read: Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Scars ]
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the most effective natural remedies of butt acne scars.
How to use?
- Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil
- Massage the butt acne with the warm coconut oil
- Do this twice daily for the butt acne to get cured.
Benefits of coconut oil
Coconut oil aids in the natural moisturization of the skin. It cures the inflammation, soothes the pain and swelling and heals the acne on butt cheeks in a few days.
Collagen is an essential component that keeps our skin in structure and intact. It is on the proteins that is vital in overall skin health. Collagen jumps in whenever our skin needs help. Goat milk collagen is even more beneficial in treating butt acne. Thus, to treat inflammation, redness and to get rid of the clogged bacteria, collagen helps a great deal.
How to use it?
- Apply the collagen directly on your butt area.
- Leave it on for an hour and wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this once a fortnight for beautiful and acne-free skin.
Check out the best collagen milk online.
[Also Read: Get Rid of Stretch Marks on Butt]
CURE 5: Natural Treatments
1. Warm Compress
Warm compress is one of the most simple home remedies to treat butt acne.
How to use?
- Prepare the warm compress by adding a tablespoon of common salt to a glass of hot water
- Soak a clean cloth in the salt solution and wring it to remove the excess water
- Apply the warm towel over the cystic butt acne for about 15 minutes or until it becomes cooled
- Do this thrice in a day on a daily basis for the butt pimples to disappear fast
Benefits of warm compress
The warm compress(3) helps in the elimination of pus and germs from the infected hair follicles of severe butt acne. The warmth also aids in the alleviation of pain.
[Also Read: Herbs to Treat Acne ]
Make sure that the warm compress does not scald your skin.
- Avoid wearing tight undergarments
- Avoid using harsh chemical cosmetics
- Cleanse and clean your butts on a daily basis
- Exfoliate your butt cheeks to prevent acne
Butt acne gets very painful and inevitably diverts your mind while doing your daily chores. Follow through with the home remedies for how to get rid of butt acne to clear the butt pimples in no time. If the symptoms get worse over time, then consult a dermatologist.