Every time you have to go out, even after applying layers of foundation, you can see those stubborn dark spots on your face. These dark spots could be age spots or acne dark spots; however, just by sitting on your face, they can make you lose your confidence every time you are around people. Before you arrive at such a scenario, here are a few natural remedies to learn how to get rid of dark spots.
What are Dark Spots?
Dark spots also referred to as black spots or age spots are dark colored patches on the skin which can appear surprisingly on your face, neck, arms, lips, back, shoulder, or feet. They can range from being red, grey, or brown.
These spots appear on the skin due to the excessive secretion of melanin on the surface which is responsible for the color of your skin tone. Though these spots may be variant in size or shape, all of them have one thing in common, i.e., they cause stress in the person who has them.
What causes Dark Spots?
- Excessive exposure to the sun
- Changes in hormones due to age, menstruation, pregnancy, puberty, a disease, etc.
- Removal of facial hair
- Acne leading to spots
- Any injury in the past
- With increasing age
Also Read: Essential Oils for Acne
What are the types of Dark Spots?
- Pimple spots
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
As unsightly as they are, dark spots are not health threatening. With a few natural remedies and home remedies, you can remove them quickly swipe to read how to get rid of dark spots naturally.
How to Get Rid of Dark Spots?
How to Remove Dark Spot on the Lip with Foods that help?
1. Lemon juice is an incredible dark spot remover
When life gives you lemons, making lemonade is not the only thing to do. You can even use them to get rid of dark spots as well. Remove dark spots on neck and others with the help of lemon juice.
How to use?
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon in a bowl
- Add an equal amount of water to it
- Take a cotton ball and dip it in the solution
- Apply it on the affected areas of your skin
- You can also ingest it for dark spots on the tongue
- Repeat the same every alternate day.
Benefits of lemon juice
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and citric acid. It is a natural bleaching agent and reduces the appearance of dark spots as well. It is quite useful in lightening the dark spots.
2. Honey reduces dark spots effectively.
Honey is an excellent moisturizer and cleanser. It helps in fighting against acne, and acne dark spots on skin and reduces all signs of aging.
Also Read: How to Stop Aging
How to use?
- Take honey in a bowl
- Apply it on the affected areas of your body with a cotton ball
- Let it stay for twenty minutes
- Wash off with warm water
- Since it is a consumable item and can get ingested, you can also use it for dark spots on teeth
- Repeat this process daily in the morning first thing when you get up or every night before going to bed
Benefits of honey
It is an incredible exfoliator and gets the skin rid off all the dead and pigmented skin cells and enhances the growth of healthy, new skin cells(1).
Foods to eat
Healthy skin comes from a healthy gut. Eat your way to get a vibrant skin.
Foods to avoid
Stay away from processed and oily foods as they hamper the skin and aggravate dark spots.
- Processed foods
- High sugar foods
- Junk foods
How to Lighten Dark Spots on Legs with Herbal Treatment?
1. Aloe Vera gel for the dark spot on arms works magically.
Aloe Vera gel is beneficial to an infinite number of skin conditions. It is an excellent remedy to remove dark spots on hands and others too.
How to use?
- Apply the freshly scooped Aloe Vera gel on the affected areas of your skin
- Let it stay for about twenty minutes
- Wash off with regular water
- Pat dry with a clean towel
- You can continue with this daily
- Aloe Vera gel is quite harmless and can be sued for sensitive areas like for dark spots on the penis as well.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel contains skin nourishing properties and is a miraculous anti-aging treatment. It is helpful in treating sunburn and fades dark spots effectively. Aloe Vera gel also helps in maintaining the pH level of the skin and keeps your skin supple and smooth.
Also Read: How to Treat Sunburn
How to Get Rid of Dark Spots on the Back with Essential Oil?
1. Lighten dark spots with lemon essential oil
Lemon essential oil for dark spots is the best amongst the lot for treating them effectively. It is a vital constituent for many skin brightening creams as well.
How to use?
- Take 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil
- Dilute it with a carrier oil of your choice that suits your skin
- Take a cotton swab and apply it to the affected area
- Massage gently in circular motions
- Wipe it off with a damp cloth
Benefits of lemon essential oil
Lemon essential oil(2) has limonene. It acts as a skin brightening agent and helps to reduce dark spots effectively. Its constituents not only brighten the skin but helps to reduce the accumulated melanin at places and give a shine to it as well.
How to Get Rid of Diabetes Dark Spots with Home Remedies?
1. Vitamin E oil for dark spots on feet
Wondering how to get rid of dark spots with vitamin E oil? Vitamin E oil acts as a rejuvenating agent for the skin which makes it a very effective remedy for dark spots on toes too.
How to use?
- Take vitamin E oil in a bowl
- Dip a cotton ball in the oil and apply it on the affected areas of the skin
- Massage gently with your fingertips
- Wash off with regular water after as much as time as you can let it stay
- You can do this every night before going to bed
Benefits of Vitamin Essential oil
Vitamin E works on enhancing the texture if the skin and reduce the discoloration of the skin due to any reason. Its vital ingredients work on reducing the appearance of dark spots by repairing the damaged cells and targeting free radicals which cause skin aging and discoloration. It is quite gentle and can get used for sensitive areas like for dark spots under eyes.
How to get rid of dark spots with natural treatment?
1. Baking soda bath is one of the best remedies for dark spots.
Baking soda is full of antioxidants and gives you healthy skin. Taking a baking soda bath helps to rejuvenate the skin well.
How to use?
- Add one tablespoon baking soda to your bathing water
- Make sure the water is room temperature or warm and not cold
- You can add it to your bathtub regime
- Pat dry and moisturize your skin
- You can also apply baking soda and water solution with a cotton ball on your skin in the affected areas
- Continue this process on every alternate day
Benefits of baking soda
Baking Soda(3) helps in reducing dark spots as it compiles alpha hydroxy acids in it. It works on peeling the skin off of dead skin cells and promotes the growth of newer cells. It controls the production of sebum and works on reducing acne. It flushes off your skin of all the toxins and maintains a youthful glow on your skin.
Along with these natural remedies, there are a few home remedies which are helpful in treating dark spots. Scroll down to know how to get rid of dark spots with home remedies.
Other Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Spots
- Apply almond oil to your skin daily
- Make an oatmeal scrub to exfoliate your skin naturally
- Consume strawberries
- Apply calamine lotion every day before going to bed
- Tomato juice is an excellent choice
- Increase your intake of pineapple juice
- Use orange peel face masks for a dark spot free skin
- Papaya pulp mash works beautifully for lightening dark spots
- Sandalwood rich oil is excellent
While going forward with home and natural remedies for how to get rid of dark spots, it is essential that you take note of a few necessary precautions.
Precautions to take note
- Always dilute the essential oil before using as it may be stingy
- Before applying anything on your skin, take a patch test at the back of you had
- Immediately wash off the products that sting or causes irritation or a burning sensation on your skin
- Dilute baking soda compulsorily if you have sensitive skin
- Do not use harsh chemical produces on sensitive areas like in and around the eyes. They can sting, especially lemon juice.
- All these remedies will show the effect in a few days. Have patience and be sincere in their application.
Save yourself the bulk of foundation and the expenses made on concealers, and with a few ingredients in your kitchen, make your dark spots disappear quickly and easily. These remedies for how to get rid of dark spots will not only help you to get rid of dark spots but also enhance the texture and quality of your skin, nourish your skin and provide additional benefits as well. You can probably say goodbye to the concealers and foundation forever. Happy skin is coming your way.