Do acne scars always get in the way of your dreams of getting clearer skin? Do you have an upcoming date but you don’t want to step out of your home because your acne doesn’t let you feel confident enough? Well, the solution to all your problems and the answer to all of these questions lie in one wonder tonic: apple cider vinegar.
Acne is a condition that is faced by almost 85% of the people during the age of 12 to 24. It is a problem which can occur, heal and the return almost as quickly as it goes. But you can dilute the marks that they leave with the miraculous apple cider vinegar for acne scars. It has been known to humankind for some time now, and it has proven to be useful to cure acne scars and enhance the glow in one’s skin.
- Apple cider vinegar diluted in rose water
- Apple cider vinegar, honey, and water
- Apple cider vinegar mixed with honey, sugar and gree
- Apple Cider Vinegar with tea tree oil
- Apple cider vinegar with aloe vera
Why should you use Apple cider vinegar for acne scars?
- It can help in restoring the natural acidity of the skin. A disturbance in the skin acidity is a major cause of pimples, hence applying apple cider vinegar can be a good option.
- Applying this vinegar is an active and natural way to balance the pH levels in your skins. When the pH levels are balanced; your skin can fight the harmful bacteria more efficiently.
- Apple cider vinegar dries on itself, naturally. Hence, it acts as an astringent for your skin. These properties can help to heal your acne and its scars.
- It helps to reduce the dead skin cells on the skin which speeds up the process to heal the acne scars.
- Using this vinegar is also a beneficial and natural way to replenish your body with vitamins to get that natural glow.
How can you use apple cider vinegar for acne scars?
ACV is always easily approachable. It can be stored in the kitchen very conveniently. You can go for a vast variety of home remedies which can help you lighten your acne scars. It has little or no side effects. You can mix it with other ingredients and apply it on your face, or you can also consume it in your daily diet too.
Five simple DIYs to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne Scars
Numerous techniques can be done by you to use apple cider vinegar for acne scars. Some of them are:
1. Apple cider vinegar diluted in rose water
- Cotton ball
- Apple cider vinegar
- Rose Water
- Add apple cider vinegar plus rose water in a bowl
- Take equal amounts of water and vinegar and mix them thoroughly
- Take a sterile cotton ball, and dip it in the bowl until it soaks some amount of the mixture
- Apply the apple cider vinegar for acne scars diluted in rose water on the affected area using a cotton ball
- Allow it to dry for 30 minutes
- Repeat this process every day
Some people have sensitive skin; hence they can dilute it with water for effectiveness and safety.
2. Apple cider vinegar, honey, and water
- Apple cider vinegar
- Take a cup and fill two-thirds of it with water
- Fill the rest of the 1/3 with apple cedar vinegar
- Add two tablespoons of honey to the mixture
- Stir the mixture with a spoon to make sure the ingredients have mixed properly
- You can now drink this mixture every day; make sure that you don’t gulp it
- Drink the mixture slowly
It is one of the most delicious ways to cure acne. You can have your drink twice a day whenever you feel like. It helps to cleanse your gut which is the primary breeding ground of many skin ailments. With a better digestive system, the probability of the occurrence of acne is checked substantially along with imparting a clear glow.
3. Apple cider vinegar mixed with honey, sugar and green tea
- One tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Two teaspoons of green tea
- 5 to 6 tablespoons of sugar (You can add as much sugar as you like)
- One tablespoon honey
- Some olive oil
- Take two teaspoons of green tea and 5-6 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl
- Now, take another bowl and add some olive oil in it and one tablespoon apple cider vinegar in it
- Stir the mixture with a spoon to ensure proper mixing
- Now combine this mixture consisting of olive oil and the vinegar in the bowl with sugar and green tea
- Add honey to the whole mix. After this, add another spoon of sugar to thicken the mix. Now mix all of the ingredients properly.
- Now wash your face with a cleanser and apply it over the affected area
- Massage the affected area with the mixture in a circular motion
- Let the mixture for some time on your face and then leave it to dry
- Wash your face the next morning
- Repeat the process at least twice a week for better results
Green tea is known for the removal of toxins in your body. The power of the green tea doubles up with the apple cider vinegar. Sugar is an excellent exfoliator and works wonders to reduce acne scars.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar with tea tree oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Tea tree oil
- Take some ACV, and mix it with a few drops of tea tree oil
- Use your finger to apply the mix to the affected areas on your face
- Leave the mixture on your face for some time
- After some time, allow the mixture to dry, and then wash it off with water
- Repeat this process to see useful results more quickly
Tea tree oil is known to have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties and is suitable for skin healing too.
5. Apple cider vinegar with aloe vera
- Aloe Vera
- Apple cider vinegar
- Take some aloe vera and cut it open
- Extract some of its gel using a spoon and put it in a bowl
- Add vinegar to the gel
- Mix both of them properly, and prepare a mask
- Apply the mask on your face and let it dry
- After it dries up, Wash it off with some water
- Repeat the process periodically to get useful and quick results
Aloe Vera is instrumental when it comes to wound healing process. Aloe vera can also help to cure burns and has excellent healing effects. Hence mixing aloe vera gel, and apple cider vinegar can heal acne scars very quickly, and in a very effective way.
A word of caution:
Although ACV is considered to be one of the best natural tonics, yet it has some possible side effects too. So make sure you don’t use apple cider vinegar for acne scars more than the prescribed amount. Some possible side effects that apple cider vinegar can have are listed below:
- Apple cider vinegar promotes slower digestion of food by delaying the stomach emptying intervals in the body. It may worsen the symptoms of gastroparesis, which is common amongst the people who have type 1 diabetes.
- Consuming this vinegar in greater quantities can lead to low potassium levels in the body. It can even lead to bone loss and diseases like osteoporosis.
- If you take ACV in excess, it can also cause erosion of tooth enamel. The acetic acid that is a primary component of vinegar has tendencies to promote the weakening of dental enamel. It can lead to loss of minerals in the body, and eventually tooth decay.
- If you use apple cider vinegar for a prolonged duration, then it can also cause burns in the esophagus. For this, again the acetic acid is responsible. It causes throat burns in younger children.
- Sometimes, when a person who is allergic to ACV uses it to treat infections and moles, it causes skin burns. As it is strongly acidic, it can cause skin burns too hence always dilute it and use.
The final take:
Apple cider vinegar is gaining immense popularity due to its potent nature to heal acne scars. It is an excellent measure because it has no side effects if it used properly and safely. It is the best pH regulator that is available naturally to us, so it gets highly recommended to anyone who wants to erase their acne scars naturally. It is easy to use, and one doesn’t have to do a lot of work while using it. Therefore use apple cider vinegar to say goodbye to your acne problems for good.