No matter what your skin type is, the top layer of your skin is going to ditch you. Due to exposure to bacteria, dirt, germs, and pollution, the top layer of your skin is going to die. Thus, it is essential to get rid of the layer of dead skin cells to evolve a fresh and new layer of skin with new and healthy cells. Read on to find how to get rid of dead skin cells.
What is dead skin?
Dead is the topmost layer of your skin bound with dead skin cells which are the result of exposure of your skin to bacteria, germs, pollution, the sun, and many more environmental factors. It is a cycle which repeats itself in every few days so that there is evolvement of newer and healthier cells.
Now when you have a better understanding of dead skin cells, it will be easier for you to find out how to get rid of dead skin cells. So, sit back and relax for all these remedies are coming right out of your kitchen. You can go about them quickly to get rid of the peeling dead skin.
[Read: How to Get Rid of Peeling Skin]
How to get rid of dead skin cells?
How to remove dead skin on the face with foods that help?
1. Sugar and honey are an excellent dead skin remover
This mixture works wonders for how to get rid of dead skin. You can use this remedy to exfoliate and get rid of dry, dead skin on the face.
Also Read: How to Get Rid of Dry Skin
How to use?
- Mix 1 tbsp sugar and one tablespoon honey in a bowl
- Scrub off your dead skin cells on the face with the blend for a few minutes
- Wash off with regular water
Benefits of sugar
Sugar(1) is an excellent exfoliator for the skin, and the honey will help to keep your skin moisturized. It reverses the oxidative damages undergone by your skin.
Make sure you use raw honey or organic honey and not the processed honey.
Best Foods to Eat
Your skin remains healthy and rejuvenated when you take a nutritious diet including the following
- Red bell peppers
- Coconut oil
- Green tea
- Dark chocolate
Foods to avoid
If you consume these foods in excess quantity, then they hamper the skin surface by making it dry.
- Caffeinated products
- Bottled water
- White bread, bagels, etc.
How to get rid of dead skin on the face with herbal treatment?
1. Neem is perfect to get rid of dead skin in the mouth
Neem(2) is a powerhouse of nutritional and medicinal properties that acts as the best remedy to remove dead skin cells.
How to use?
- Grind the leaves of neem
- Add honey to make a paste
- Apply on the affected area of your body and massage gently
- Let it rest for ten minutes
- Wash off with warm water
Benefits of Neem
Neem has large antibacterial properties and gets rid of all the impurities your skin has. It is an excellent cooling agent and makes your skin pure and fresh and also enhances the growth of newer cells.
If the paste stings or causes burning sensation, wash off immediately.
How to remove dead skin in the ear?
1. Peppermint essential oil works wonders to remove dead skin on the scalp
Peppermint essential has nourishing and rejuvenating properties. Read on to find out how to get rid of dead skin with peppermint essential oil.
How to use peppermint essential oil?
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to carrier oil
- Mix well and apply the blend to your face
- You can also use it for the dead skin on the scalp
- Massage gently and let it stay for about ten minutes
- Wash off with regular water
Benefits of peppermint essential oil
Peppermint essential oil(3) dries up the dead skin and makes it peel off naturally. It makes your skin free from toxins.
Always dilute the essential oil before using it on your skin with a carrier oil.
How to get rid of dead skin between toes with a home remedy?
1. Apple cider vinegar is a perfect dead skin remover
This versatile kitchen ingredient is an excellent remedy for how to get rid of dead skin cells and remove them effortlessly.
How to use apple cider vinegar?
- Add apple cider vinegar to a tub of warm water
- Dip your feet in the tub to get rid of dead skin between toes
- Let them be for about fifteen minutes
- Remove the tub and gently pat dry your feet with a dry and clean towel
- You can also use the same remedy for the dead skin on the scalp
Benefits of apple cider vinegar
The acids contained in apple cider vinegar such as malic, lactic and acetic acid dissolve the dead skin in themselves, and they can be easily washed away with water.
Make sure you dilute apple cider vinegar before applying it anywhere on your body. Do not use apple cider vinegar for your body parts which have open cuts or wounds.
[Also Read: Home Remedies To Get Rid of Dead Skin on Feet ]
How to remove dead skin from the face with natural treatment?
1. Epsom salt bath is an incredible natural treatment for removing dead skin on feet
If you are finding out how to get rid of dead skin, you are in the right place. If you gently scrub it on your body, it makes your skin free from the dead skin cells quickly.
How to use?
- Add Epsom salt to the bathtub with warm water
- Soak yourself in the water for about twenty minutes
- With a loofah, massage the water on your body
- Remove yourself from the tub and pat dry
Benefits of Epsom salt
Epsom salt bath works wonders in detoxifying the skin and also help in balancing the pH level of the body.
[Also Read: How to Maintain Skin pH Level ]
Make sure the temperature of the water is adaptable to your body. Always moisturize your skin after the bath.
People pay a fortune to achieve beautiful and radiant skin, but they fail to understand the fundamental cause of their problems. With the help of these remedies on how to get rid of dead skin, it is no longer a distant dream but practicality that you can achieve on your own. Hope, you will be able to add these akin care regimes in your routine to get rid of dead skin cells. Practice them regularly and achieve your good old supple skin back.