If the tiny bumps and zits are behaving a tad too stubbornly, then it’s time to inspect them a little more closely. They might not be minor pimples and blemishes but can be molluscum contagiosum. The name might sound like a Harry Potter chant, but it is a dermatological condition that occurs due to viral infection. But, the good news is that there is nothing that cannot get cured naturally. Ditch the toxic creams and chemicals and find out more about this skin disease and the different simple yet potent ways of molluscum contagiosum home remedy.
What is Molluscum Contagiosum?
Popularly called as water warts, molluscum contagiosum(1) is a dermatological disease that occurs when the molluscum contagiosum virus which belongs to the family of chicken pox virus and is highly infectious. It invades the skin and inflicts infection. It is characterized by painless zits that change into pus-filled lesions that rupture over time and form painful sores on the skin.
There are three distinct stages of molluscum contagiosum that are written below along with their specific symptoms.
- The first stage gets marked by the appearance of harmless pimples on the skin
- The second stage witnesses the worsening of the blisters into painful pus-filled ulcers
- The third stage is the last one that is characterized by the bursting and draining out of the pus leaving behind ruptured scabs on the skin. The usual parts of the body that are affected by molluscum contagiosum virus include the face, arms, torso, thighs, legs, and genital region
Unusual Ways of Molluscum Contagiosum Home Remedy
The molluscum contagiosum bumps take months and even years to heal if not treated in time. It is essential to inhibit the viral action in the first stage so that the skin bumps do not become infectious and painful with time. Followthrough with any molluscum contagiosum home remedy or all elucidated below to cure the dermatological disease and rejuvenate the health of your skin.
CURE 1: Foods
Honey is unbelievably beneficial for the cure of molluscum contagiosum on the face and genital molluscum contagiosum.
How to use?
- Smear the molluscum contagiosum bumps with raw honey
- Wrap the affected area with sterile gauze
- Do this twice or thrice a day on a daily basis for the bumps to disappear
Benefits of using honey
The anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties of honey work in unison to heal the skin inflammation and inhibit the action of the molluscum contagiosum virus.
Foods to Eat
For the cure of molluscum contagiosum, it is essential to eat foods that boost your immunity and keep your skin naturally healthy.
- Fresh fruits and vegetable
- Milk and other dairy products
- Meat, fish, and eggs
- Cereals with high fiber content
Foods to avoid
These foods don’t add up to the health quotient of the body. In turn, they tend to decrease immunity and natural functioning of the body.
- Junk foods
- Caffeinated drinks
- Foods high in unhealthy fats and sugar
CURE 2: Herbal Treatments
1. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is a soothing molluscum contagiosum home remedy for the cure of molluscum contagiosum on eyelid and molluscum contagiosum on the penis.
How to use?
- Smear the bumps and lesions with freshly extracted aloe vera gel
- Leave it on your skin for about half an hour
- Rinse your skin with slightly warm water
- Repeat this twice in a day for the bumps and sores to heal
Benefits of using aloe vera gel
Topical application of anti-inflammatory aloe vera gel alleviates the pain and treats the molluscum contagiosum infection and inflammation of the skin.
Do make sure that the aloe vera gel is fresh and your skin is not allergic to it before going through with this remedy.
[Read: Aloe Vera Benefits for Skin ]
CURE 3: Essential Oils
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree essential oil is a remarkable molluscum contagiosum home remedy. It is especially beneficial for molluscum contagiosum std.
How to use?
- Mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil with a tablespoon of coconut oil
- Dip a cotton ball in the oil mixture
- Gently dab the cotton ball to the affected area
- Rinse your skin with lukewarm water after about an hour
- Do this daily for the water warts to heal
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
The anti-inflammatory property of tea tree essential oil makes it useful for the cure of molluscum contagiosum infection and inflammation. Its analgesic nature provided almost immediate relief from pain.
Don’t forget to do a patch test on skin to make sure that your skin is not sensitive to essential oils.
[Read: Uses of Tea Tree Oil ]
CURE 4: Molluscum Contagiosum
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
The use of diluted apple cider vinegar is excellent for the cure of molluscum contagiosum on the penis, molluscum contagiosum std, and others.
How to use?
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of apple cider vinegar and water
- Apply the solution to the genital molluscum contagiosum sores with the help of cotton balls
- Let the solution get dry
- Do this 3-4 times in a day
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
The antiseptic properties of apple cider vinegar prove to be incredibly useful for the cure of molluscum contagiosum infection. Its antiviral and anti-inflammatory action inhibits the molluscum contagiosum virus and soothes the pain and inflammation of the skin.
[Read: Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar ]
CURE 5: Natural Treatments
1. Epsom Salt Bath
Epsom salt bath is a noteworthy cure. This molluscum contagiosum home remedy works wonders along with providing a soothing after effects on the body.
How to use?
- Fill a bathtub with lukewarm water
- Pour a cup of Epsom salt into it
- Bathe yourself for about 15-20 minutes
- Do this on a daily basis
Benefits of Epsom salt bath
Epsom salt being rich in magnesium can cure the inflammation and accelerate the healing of molluscum contagiosum.
Use the salt in limited quantity otherwise; it will have adverse effects on the skin.
Molluscum Contagiosum vs. Genital Warts
Genital warts are induced by the invasion of the HumanPapillomavirus, whereas the Molluscum contagiosum virus triggers molluscum contagiosum. Molluscumcontagiosumis flesh-colored, pearl-like and smooth whereas genital warts are rough and watery. The bumps of molluscum contagiosum are small in size, nearly 2 to 5 mm and do not swell or grow whereas the genital warts are irregular in appearance and keep on growing.
Follow through any molluscum contagiosum home remedy and relive yourself super quick and efficiently. However, if the symptoms persist or get worse over time, then make sure of consulting a physician.