The home remedies described here can get prepared with ingredients that are 100% natural and highly effective. They are readily available at local groceries and drug stores and can be purchased online as well. It is recommended to follow various natural remedies simultaneously for the effective and quicker cure of the corns and calluses.
Papaya is a fruit that is replete with medicinal properties and is highly beneficial for the natural treatment of corns on feet and toe calluses.
How to use?
- Peel ripe and fresh papaya and remove its seeds
- Mash the papaya into a smooth pulp
- Mix a few drops of olive oil with the flesh to prepare a smooth paste
- Smear the paste all over the corns on your feet and calluses on toes with gentle massaging
- Let the papaya remain until the skin gets softened
- Rinse your feet and hands with warm water
- Do this twice a day for the corns and calluses to heal
Massaging the skin with papaya can exfoliate the skin and help you to get rid of corns on feet and calluses on fingers and toes. Papaya contains an enzyme named papain that is incredibly beneficial for how to remove dead corn tissues and to peel skin.
[Read: Papaya Seeds Benefits on Health]
Make sure that the papaya is fresh and ripe before using it on the skin.
Foods to Eat
It is highly essential to stick to a healthy and balanced diet for the maintenance of health of the skin.
- Vegetables and fruits
- Nuts and seeds
- Milk and other dairy products
- Meat, fish, and eggs
- Cereals with high fiber content
Foods to avoid
- Junk foods
- Spicy foods
- Soft drinks and caffeinated drinks
- Fatty foods
- Sugary foods
- Fermented foods
[Also Read: Get Rid of Corns on Feet Naturally]
2. Herbs for Corns
Green Tea Extract
Green tea leaf is a great herb that can heal corns on your feet and finger calluses.
How to use?
- Prepare a cup of freshly brewed green tea
- Add a few drops of olive oil to the drink as soon as it cools down
- Rub the foot corns, calluses heel, plantar callus and corns on hand with the mixture
- Rinse the skin after about 30 minutes
- Do this on a regular basis for deep corn removal and effective cure of callus on the big toe.
[Read: Herbs That Fight Cold]
Green tea(1) is rich in antioxidants that help in the repair of skin tissues and keep oxidative damage at bay.
Make sure that the green tea that you purchase has not expired. It is essential to use fresh green tea as expired tea leaves will have adverse effects on the skin.
3. Essential Oils
Tea Tree Essential oil
How to use?
- Add two teaspoons of tea tree essential oil to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix well
- Apply the oil mixture to the calluses on feet, calluses on hands, corns on hand and corns between toes with gentle massaging for about 15-20 minutes
- Rinse your feet with warm water after about 2-3 hours of letting the oil seep into the hard skin
- Do this thrice a day for the corns on hand, a callus on the big toe and foot calluses to heal
Tea tree essential oil soothing and antimicrobial nature can improve the hardening of the skin in no time. Tea tree essential oil is a dermatological panacea that can address any skin diseases and ailments and treat them most effectively. It is especially suitable for the alleviation of foot calluses pain. If you are looking for how to get rid of corns, then use a few drops of tea tree essential oil for the perfect cure.
Make sure that you use the essential oil in diluted form. A patch-test is necessary to check the sensitivity of skin to the essential oil. If your skin turns out to be allergic to tea tree essential oil, then do not proceed with this remedy.
4. Home Remedies for Corns
If you are seeking for simple remedies on how to get rid of corns, then try a pinch of baking soda.
How to use?
- Prepare a smooth paste by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda with a few tablespoons of lukewarm water
- Apply the dough to the calluses on fingers, corns on hand, foot corns and toe calluses with the help of cotton swabs
- Leave the cotton swabs on your skin for the entire night
- Peel them off and rinse your feet in the next morning
- Do this every night for the corns on your feet and finger calluses to heal
Baking soda(3) works by sloughing off the dead skin and cells and making the skin soft and supple. It is remarkably effective for the cure of corns and calluses.
Exceeding the quantity of baking soda specified here might cause adverse effects on the skin. Natural Treatments for Corns and calluses
[Also Read: Home Remedies to Treat Corns]
Wondering how to get rid of corns easily with a pumice stone? Don’t worry as it works wonders for corns between the toes.
How to use?
- Fill a tub with hot water and dip your corny feet in it
- Soak your feet for about 20 minutes or until the water becomes cool
- Scrub the moistened corns and calluses on feet with the pumice stone for about 5-10 minutes
- Do this on every alternate day until the toe calluses and corns on your feet get cured
The pumice stone works by exfoliating the dead skin and sloughing off the dead cells. Scrub the corns on your feet, toes, and heels with a pumice stone easily.
Don’t scrub your skin too hard with the pumice stone as that might cause cuts and bruises.
How to prevent corns and calluses?
- Wear soft and comfortable shoes
- Avoid walking for more than 30-40 minutes at a stretch
- Keep your skin nourished and hydrated all the time.
Follow the simplest and most scientific home remedies for how to get rid of corns on feet and peeling calluses. If the soles of your feet are troubling, then go for a warm soak followed by a combination of the home remedies described here for effective healing.