There’s an itch, you scratch, and it gets worse. Scabs are a sign of healing, but, they can get highly irritating. You end up feeling frustrated and make you feel downright embarrassing. It gives other people a chance to point fingers at you. Do you get the feeling?
If you are searching to find out how to get rid of scabs, here is a little more digging on scabs with solutions to fight it off.
What is a Scab?
When your skin tries to heal itself due to an injury or due to regeneration, it develops a hard outer layer on its surface so that it can grow without getting damaged. This hardened outer layer is a scab. In color range, there are three variants, yellow scab, white scab, and black scab. As itchy as they can be, peeling scabs can also cause bleeding.
- Oily scalp
- Dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis
- Lichen planopilaris
- Scalp psoriasis
- Head lice
- Eosinophilic folliculitis
However, this is not an incurable condition. Its effects and symptoms can get reduced entirely.
How to Get Rid of Scars Naturally?
CURE 1. Foods
Oatmeal is not just limited to be a delicious breakfast but has other benefits as well.
Benefits of oatmeal
It helps in the soothing of irritated skin and is an incredible moisturizer. It helps in loosening up the scabs on the head along with delivering wonders for your skin.
[Also Read: Benefits of Oatmeal]
How to use oatmeal?
- Mix water and oatmeal to form a thick paste
- Apply it all over the affected area
- Let it stay for ten minutes
- Wash it off with regular water
- In case of the scalp, with a mild shampoo
- Continue to dot his daily
Foods to eat
These foods fasten the healing process of the skin.
- Foods rich in vitamins A and C
- Whole grain bread and cereals
- Leafy vegetables
Foods to avoid
Consumption of these foods may trigger allergens and delay the healing process.
- Processed foods
- Sweetened foods
CURE 2: Herbal Treatment
1. Neem Leaves
Neem leaves are incredibly useful and are an excellent soothing agent.
Benefits of Neem
Neem is proven to heal itchy skin and have powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties. If you are looking on how to get rid of scabs, neem leaves prevent(1) and remove the scab effectively.
How to use neem leaves?
- Boil the neem leaves in the water
- Strain out the leaves and let the water cool down
- Rinse the affected areas of your body with this water
- Continue this every day
If you are allergic to neem, do not continue with this remedy.
CURE 3: Essential Oils
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree essential oil is a triple threat to the scabs. If you want to know how to get rid of scabs without picking scabs, tea tree oil is good to go.
Benefits of Tea Tree Essential Oil
It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. It prevents infection and relieves the itching of scabs.
How to use tea tree oil?
- Take one tablespoon of tea tree essential oil and two tablespoons of almond oil
- Mix them both
- Massage the blend on the affected areas of your body
- You can also use it for sensitive areas of the body like the penis, etc.
- Let it stay for about thirty minutes
- Wash off the blend with regular water
- Follow the same process three times a week
Always dilute the essential oil before using it on your body.
[Also Read: Tea Tree Oil Benefits]
CURE 4: Tonsillectomy Scab
1. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera Gel is an incredible soothing agent.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel:
It provides relief to itching and pain in and around the affected area. It reduces the chance of the scab getting affected. It provides moisture to the skin which makes it less itchy and keeps the skin hydrated.
How to use?
- Take the Aloe Vera gel and apply it on the affected areas of the body.
- For scabs on the scalp, you can add the gel to oil you use
- Massage the gel on the affected areas for a few minutes
- Let it rest for about an hour
- Wash it off with regular water
- Repeat the same two times a day
Always use freshly scooped Aloe Vera Gel and not the chemically processed gel.
[Also Read: Aloe Vera for Skin]
CURE 5: Natural Treatments
1. Warm Compress
Benefits or warm compress:
If you have an itch scab anywhere on your body, a warm compress is one of the best options. A warm compress works on softening the scabs and makes them heal faster than usual.
How to use warm compress?
- Take hot water in a bowl
- Dip the towel in it entirely
- Wring out the excess water from the cloth and wrap around the affected area
- Let it stay for about ten minutes
- Remove the towel
- Repeat the same once a week
Make sure the water is not boiling, or it may cause severe burns.
Scabs affect not only your skin but also your mental being as well. The annoying itch sure doesn’t help to concentrate on things. But, now you have discovered these effective ways to get rid of scabs you will be able to find a solution to your itchy scab soon. Hopefully, your search ends here.