If the receding hairline is clearly visible, but you are still living in denial that your hair and scalp is perfectly fine then it is high time to snap right out of your hairy reveries and face the harsh reality. But before you crash to the ground with the realization that your hair is gradually disappearing, we are here to cushion your fall with a dash of the magnificent and miraculous apple cider vinegar solution.
Read on to find out the different ways, recipes, and methods of stemming hair fall prepared by using apple cider vinegar for hair loss and hair fall treatment at home.
About Hair Loss
A little hair fall is okay, but the loss of hair on a scary scale needs urgent attention and administration of home remedies. Hair loss is a dermatological condition that affects the scalp.
Shedding of hair from the scalp is Alopecia. It is a common dermatological ailment that manifests in the form of thinning of hair, hair shedding during combing or brushing the hair, the appearance of bald patches of the scalp, blistering and flakiness of the scalp, weakening of the hair follicles and roots, and itchiness and dryness of the scalp.
The factors due to which hair loss may happen to you include genetics, excess use of cosmetics, scalp psoriasis, cancer, stress and anxiety, injury to the head, an infestation of lice and dandruff, and hormonal imbalance in the body.
The administration of home remedies prepared by using apple cider vinegar can address the symptoms and cure hair loss or alopecia by hydrating the scalp and making the roots and follicles stronger and more firm.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar(1) is a variety of vinegar prepared from the fermentation of apple juice. It gets extensively used in the culinary department for the preparation of salad dressings, preservatives, marinades, vinaigrettes, and pickles. Let’s see how it gets prepared.
The preparation of apple cider vinegar involves several different steps.
- The first step of the preparation of apple cider vinegar consists of the crushing of fresh and ripe apples to extract the juice.
- The fermentation process follows next which involves the addition of yeast and bacteria to the apple juice — this step of fermentation results in the conversion of sugar into alcohol.
- In the second step of fermentation, the alcohol obtained gets converted into vinegar by the bacterial action of the Acetobacter species.
- The vinegar so obtained from the second step of fermentation is known as apple cider vinegar. It contains acetic acid, malic acid, citric acid, lactic acid, and succinic acid which lend the vinegar its tart and sour flavor.
What Are the Different Types of Apple Cider Vinegar?
The two particular forms of apple cider vinegar include the distilled and filtered apple cider vinegar and the raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Filtered apple cider vinegar is apple cider vinegar that gets concentrated with water. The process of screening the apple cider vinegar involves the removal of the strands and sedimentary residues from the vinegar leaving behind a brownish and clear liquid. The filtered vinegar is further refined and sterilized to produce a clear and distilled solution of apple cider vinegar.
- The unfiltered apple cider vinegar has a low water content and is rich in residues and strands which gets referred to as the “mother” of apple cider vinegar. The mother present in unfiltered and unpasteurized vinegar is a mess of acetic acid Acetobacter bacterium and cellulose. It is this mess that is responsible for the transformation of alcohol into apple cider vinegar. The use of unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar is the most beneficial for the preparation of home remedies and medicines.
3 Reasons Why Apple Cider Vinegar can Aptly Reverse Hair Loss
Apple cider vinegar is miraculously useful for the natural treatment of alopecia or hair loss. The administration of home remedies prepared by using apple cider vinegar for hair loss can cure every kind of scalp and hair issues such as split ends, hair breakage, hair damage, hair fall, and more — the reasons for which apple cider vinegar is useful for the natural cure of hair fall include.
1. Apple cider vinegar maintains the pH value of the scalp
Apple cider vinegar possesses a host of different organic acids like malic acid, acetic acid, citric acid, lactic acid, and succinic acid which contribute to the maintenance of the pH level of the scalp. The preservation of pH balance(2) is essential for the prevention of hair fall and the cure of dandruff and lice.
2. Apple cider vinegar eliminates chemical buildup on the scalp
Washing the hair with shampoo and applying hairsprays, hair gel, and other chemical cosmetics leads to the accumulation of chemical residue on the scalp. This residue combines with the sebum and natural oils secreted by the scalp and cause hair fall and hair damage. The topical application of apple cider vinegar on the scalp helps in the elimination of the chemical residue without stripping the scalp of its natural oils and sebum thus preventing the dryness of the scalp and hair fall.
3. Apple cider vinegar helps in the hydration of the scalp
The topical application of diluted apple cider vinegar helps to hydrate the scalp and do away with dry blisters and dandruff that cause hair loss. Regular hydration of the scalp helps to make the hair shiny and glossy.
DIYs to Use Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV) for Hair Loss and Hair Damage
1. Rosemary essential oil and apple cider vinegar for hair loss
Rosemary essential oil is like a boon for the hair as it helps promote natural hair growth. Addition of apple cider vinegar for hair loss makes this remedy the most beneficial.
How to use?
- Fill a bowl with 3/4th a cup of plain water followed by 1/8th a cup of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of fragrant rosemary essential oil. Stir the contents of the bowl to prepare an evenly mixed oil pack.
- Massage your scalp with the oil pack. Massage every strand of hair from the roots to the tips with the mixture of rosemary essential oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Leave the pack on your scalp for about 10 minutes. Put on a shower cap to prevent the contamination of the scalp with external pollutants.
- Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo. It is recommended to use herbal shampoos for the prevention of hair loss.
- Administer this home remedy twice or thrice a week for the reversal of hair fall and cure of scalp problems.
Rubbing the hair with rosemary essential oil(3) and apple cider vinegar for hair loss is excellent for the prevention and cure of alopecia and balding. Rosemary essential oil aids in the prevention of hair loss by the stimulation of cell division in the scalp and by the dilation of blood vessels in the scalp which helps to induce the hair follicles to produce new strands of hair. The pack of rosemary essential oil and apple cider vinegar helps to enhance blood circulation in the scalp and aids in the hydration of the scalp as well which is crucial for the prevention and cure of hair loss.
2. Powdered cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar for hair loss
Massaging the scalp with the tonic of cayenne pepper powder and raw apple cider vinegar is a good way of using apple cider vinegar for hair loss.
How to use?
- Fill a bowl with 2-3 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar and add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to it. Stir it well to prepare a paste.
- Massage your scalp and hair with the paste.
- Leave the paste on your scalp for about an hour. Put on a shower cap to preserve the mask.
- Rinse your hair with plain water to remove the cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar mask.
- Administer this home remedy once a day for a couple of months to cure loss and balding.
Massaging the hair and scalp with cayenne pepper powder is the best way to get rid of lice and mites from the scalp. The mask helps in the exfoliation of scalp thereby removing dandruff and dry flakes from the scalp. Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin that stimulates the hair follicles to generate new hair. The pack also helps to enhance the blood flow in the scalp.
3.Jojoba oil, peppermint oil, and rosemary ACV shampoo
You already know the benefits of rosemary but did you know that on combining some other ingredients into it you can make a DIY shampoo at home? Read ahead and find out.
How to use?
- Take a cup of water and add a bunch of rosemary into it, let it boil for 5-10 minutes then turn off the heat
- Let the rosemary steep into it till the water reaches room temperature. Later, pour the water into your shampoo container and add ¼ cup of jojoba oil, 1 cup of ACV and 10-12 drops of peppermint oil and mix it well
- When using this DIY shampoo, after massaging it over your hair, keep for 3-5 minutes and then rinse it off thoroughly.
This homemade shampoo is a perfect combination full of moisturizing as well as soothing properties that work wonders for the health of the hair follicles. Jojoba oil helps to hydrate the scalp and moisturizes the hair to the root. Peppermint oil, on the other hand, works towards balancing the pH level of the scalp and aids in better hair growth. Rosemary and ACV help to reduce the inflammation and irritation of the scalp and helps to cleanse the excess build-up of the waste material without harming the essential oils and nutrition.
4.Apple cider vinegar hair rinse
This is the simplest of all remedies but works wonders towards benefiting your hair health.
How to use?
- Take apple cider vinegar and an equal amount of water and mix it in a bottle thoroughly. The proportion should be 1:1, you can adjust the quantity as per your choice.
- While using, wet your hair and smear this liquid all over your head and scalp. Massage thoroughly so that it reaches all over the scalp and deep into the roots too.
- Keep it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off thoroughly with water
- You can use it twice a week
This apple cider vinegar hair mask locks in the moisture and nourishment present in your hair. It helps clear off your scalp from sediments and also removes the impurities and irritants present in your hair. It gives your hair a natural shine as it conditions the roots as well.
A Word Of Caution
- Conduct a patch test to make sure that your scalp is not allergic to apple cider vinegar and rosemary essential oil.
- Take care that these do not get into your eyes.
Follow through with the home remedies for hair loss and reverse your receding hairline. The application of these home remedies will undoubtedly make your hair appear rich, thick, healthy, and gorgeous. If your hair loss problems persist then do not forget to consult a dermatologist. The home remedies prepared by using apple cider vinegar are brilliant. Nourish and take care of your hair and scalp and brace yourself for amazing results.