Do you see a lot of hair on your comb after you comb? Now that’s a big sign; you might be suffering from chronic hair loss. While, in this world, everyone has faced hair loss whether it’s the youth or old. People suffer from hair fall due to a plethora of reasons like they don’t have enough nutrients in their diet or some environmental conditions affect their hair badly and stop hair growth.
With the rise in people switching towards Aromatherapy and the use of essential oils for hair loss that promise to mend your problems and naturally help you, it is vital to know the right oils that work in hair regrowth and are useful for keeping good hair care.
Types, Symptoms, and Causes
Hair loss is a condition when a person’s hair tends to fall more than the usual hair fall, and there are visible symptoms of baldness, thinning hair and loss of volume of hair.
Types of hair loss
- Male and female baldness patterns: This type is permanent hair loss which causes complete baldness.
- Alopecia areata: This type happens suddenly from single patches of balding.
- Telogen effluvium: This type happens to people who get immense stress.
- Anagen effluvium: This type occurs with a sudden loss of hair in this first phase of hair growth.
Symptoms of Hair Loss
- Loosening of the hair
- Hair loss all over the body
- Scaling patches on the scalp
- Gradual thinning of hair on scalp
- Bald Spots on the scalp
Also Read: Hibiscus For Hair loss
Causes of Hair Loss
- Family History (Genetic)
- Surgeries or treatment of major illness
- Hormonal changes due to pregnancy or menopause
- Tying hair very tight
- Age-related factors
Why one should use Essential Oils for Hair Loss?
Everyone use hair oil which is chemical-free; however, it makes more hair to lose rather than helping them to improvement in hair regrowth. Essential oils for hair loss are beneficial to the people who have got tired of trying various chemical-ridden oils and got no solution for hair loss. The critical hair oils have all the vital nutrients that would help to get rid of hair loss from its cause.
How to use Essential Oils for Hair Loss?
Given below are some useful essential oils for hair loss that not only works to stimulate hair growth but also impart natural home remedies for hair care.
1. Lavender Essential oil for Hair Loss
Lavender oil helps in moisturizing the scalp and helps in balancing sebum production.
Why one should use Lavender oil for hair loss?
Lavender oil has a lot of benefits like thickening your hair, saving you from hair loss and so on. Regular massage with lavender oil reduces hair loss and make the hair soft and shiny.
How to use coconut oil for hair loss?
- Take a few drops of lavender oil in your palm and add a few drops of coconut oil. Now, rub it on both the palms.
- Now, give a gentle massage with your fingers covering from root to top.
- Keep the oil on for few hours and then wash with warm water.
Read More: Lavender Oil Health Benefits
2. Vetiver Essential Oil for Hair Loss
Vetiver oil(1) is used for severe hair loss, to get thick hair. It is a moisturiser for dry hair.
Why one should use Vetiver oil for hair loss?
It has all the essential nutrients which help in growing your hair thick and durable. Its properties to keep the body calm, cool and soothe the senses help prevent hair loss.
How to use Vetiver oil for hair loss?
- Dilute Vetiver oil with lavender oil.
- Mix the essential oils and add a few drops of hot water to it.
- After five minutes, apply the oil on your hair and give a massage on your scalp.
- Keep the oil on for few hours and then wash with warm water.
3. Chamomile Essential oil for Hair Loss
Chamomile oil is one of the favorite hair oil for its faster growth and prevention of hair fall.
Why one should use Chamomile oil for hair loss?
It keeps your hair away from dandruff, fungus and other such. It would give a perfect result for your actions. It prevents from causing dry, flaky skins too. Since hair loss is mainly due to dandruff, with its moisturising ability chamomile oil prevents your scalp from dandruff and eczema.
How to use Chamomile oil for hair loss?
- Take some chamomile oil and mix it with jasmine oil.
- Now, take the mix in your palms and apply it to all the ends of the hair.
- Massage it all over the hair. Wash it off with a good shampoo.
Read More: Chamomile Tea Health Benefits
4. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil for Hair Loss
Ylang Ylang oil is an excellent home remedy for stimulating the scalp that in turn encourages hair growth. It also helps in tightening the scalp muscles to protect against hair loss.
Why one should use Ylang Ylang oil for hair loss?
Ylang Ylang oil has a high amount of nutrients and minerals; which ensure that It nourishes your scalp. No one can deny how fast Ylang Ylang oil works in hair regrowth. It is also recommendable for hair loss, thinning of hair and other hair damages.
How to use Ylang Ylang oil for hair loss?
- Mix the oil with hot water and apply it all over the scalp, making sure it spreads everywhere it’s needed.
- Since it is also useful for anxiety and insomnia, it is very much required to spread it all over the scalps.
- Give a gentle massage to yourself and cover yourself with the towel.
- After a few minutes, wash the hair with the right shampoo.
5. Tea Tree Oil for Hair Loss
Tea tree essential oil(2) is mostly for hair growth.
Why one should use tea tree oil for hair loss?
It clears the dead skin and fungus to help us grow our hair. It should be mixed with other essential oils to use. Other essential oils like coconut oil, jojoba oil must be used to avoid swelling, irritation, itching as such. It is preferable to use for hair growth with the other essential oils as a carrier.
How to use tea tree oil for hair loss?
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil and mix the drops with the other essential oil to prevent from getting any side effects.
- Mix them well in a bowl and start to apply it on the scalp. Try to avoid applying it on the hair as much as possible.
- Make sure it reaches all places and wait for few minutes.
- It can be applied for 30 minutes, commonly. But you can keep it overnight as well. Wash it with a good shampoo.
6. Peppermint Essential Oil for Hair loss
Peppermint oil is beneficial for curing hair loss. It is useful in mending a variety of hair damages.
Why one should use Peppermint oil for hair loss?
Peppermint oil is well known, mostly because it is a natural oil. Both males and females can use it. It stops your hair loss, makes it grow faster than usual. It makes your hair thicker. Since it is a natural oil and 100 percent pure, it has no adverse effects either.
How to use Peppermint oil for hair loss?
- Take a few drops of peppermint oil and mix it with coconut oil.
- Apply the mix on the hair gently. Try not to apply it on the scalp as it is greasy.
- Once you feel satisfied with applying, start massaging your hair softly.
- After a few minutes, preferably 15 minutes -30 minutes, rinse it off.
7. Cedarwood Essential Oil for Hair Loss
Cedarwood oil has enormous benefits against a wide range of hair ailments such as dandruff, eczema and fungal infections.
Why one should use cedarwood oil for hair loss?
It clears the hair damages like hair loss and thinning of hair and mends them for good. And it nourishes the hair. It plays a vital role in hair growth. And adding to those beneficial points, it gives silkiness texture to the hair and makes them glow prominently. And indeed, it helps to put an end to hair loss.
How to use cedarwood oil for hair loss?
- A few drops of cedarwood oil should be boiled before applying.
- Before applying, check the temperature of the oil. After the oil is warm enough, then use it over all the strands of your hair and rub the strands gently.
- Comb it to disperse the almond oil to each strand.
- Cover your hair with either a towel or a shower cap. So that hair can absorb the oil to their depth.
- In the end, Wash the hair with the right shampoo.
Also Read: Natural Remedies for Dandruff
8. Petitgrain Essential Oil for Hair loss
Petitgrain oil has many uses than one can decipher. It is most beneficial to help you to get relief from itchiness of the scalp.
Why one should use Petitgrain oil for hair loss?
Cleansing properties of Petitgrain oil ensure opening up of clogged pores and its toning properties regulate the production of sebum, making it ideal for an oily scalp. It is also useful in the treatment of ailments like dandruff and scalp acne.
How to use Petitgrain oil for hair loss?
- Take a few drops of oil and boil it till it warms.
- Separate your hair and divide them equally to give them undivided attention.
- Apply them on all the strands and rub them.
- Use comb or fingers to spread the oil everywhere possible.
- Take a hot shower in the end.
9. Rosemary Oil for Hair Loss
Rosemary oil(3) helps in getting relief from itching and dandruff.
Why one should use rosemary oil for hair loss?
People who are using drugs to get relief from dandruff, applying it is a natural technique to give relief to dandruff. It supports to supply blood to the scalp and pave a way the thick long hair to grow. It moisturizes the hair enough to keep the hair away from drying them to get hair damage.
How to use rosemary oil for hair loss?
- A few drops of the oil are enough to get into the action. Boil it till it gets warm that we can sense its warmth on your hair and it soothes your hair.
- Apply it carefully and make yourselves sure that all the strands are covered in the oil.
- Give a gentle massage to get it to reach to the root level.
- Rinse the hair clean with warm water.
Read More: Health Benefits of Rosemary Tea
10. Clary Sage Essential Oil for Hair Loss
Clary Sage oil is a moisturizing and nourishing agent, and it keeps your hair from getting dry.
Why one should use clary sage oil for hair loss?
Due to its ability to increase cellular metabolism, clary sage oil has regenerative effects on hair cells to stimulate hair growth. It’s moisturizing and nourishing qualities makes hair soft, glossy and manageable
How to use clary sage oil for hair loss?
- Pour a few drops of oil in your palm.
- Cover your hair with the oil as much as possible.
- Each strand should be covered, give preferences to the places where you have thin hair.
- Massage it till your satisfaction, so that the hair absorbs oil and gets deep into the roots.
- Clean the hair by taking a hot shower.
One should be aware that no one is like another. Hence it doesn’t mean the process would lead to the same results to everyone. So, it is highly recommended to take precautions before starting any procedure. Though most of the essential oils’ ingredients are natural, some might be sensitive to some substances. Be warned.
Other Home Remedies
Regular Hair Oil Massage
Mostly, people follow the natural way of massaging as massages are easy and quick to do. Hair oil massages do the trick of hair growth. While massaging, it is essential to know the right way to massage from the tip of the hair as it is where the hair is rooted from. And massages relax your body to the extent measure.
Use Egg yolks
Using Egg-yolks for hair fall is also being used by tremendous people. Eyova (egg oil) can be used instead too. Egova won’t trigger the smell of raw eggs. So, it is highly recommended to people who cannot bear the strong smell of eggs.
Recommended Read: Home Remedies for Hair Growth
Hair loss is a worldwide problem, yet it is not like it’s impossible to solve. Taking proper corrective actions and waiting with patience for the desired results will surely bring you productive days. Following expert healthcare advice along with these simple natural home, remedies are the key to promoting your hair growth.
In addition to this, combing your hair regularly and taking a balanced diet will undoubtedly be the best way to prevent hair loss.
1. Will hair fall ever end?
Yes, they would. If you keep repeating the process of using essential oils for hair loss and the other measures. But you can’t expect immediate relief. All the natural home remedies take time and would surely give you excellent results.
2. Are there any extra steps to be taken other than the steps mentioned above to stop hair fall?
You are most recommended to follow a proper healthy diet. As nutrients are also one of the reasons for hair loss. Therefore, a diet that has all the necessary nutrients in them is a must.