Gram flour is also called besan. It fights a plethora of skin issues, including blemishes, pimples, dull and lifeless skin, and dark skin or undereye circles. Gram flour has alkalizing properties and was traditionally used to maintain the skin’s pH levels. Besan removes dirt and toxins from deep within the skin in these ways.
Homemade Besan Face Packs for Every Complexion Type
1. Aloe Vera and Besan
- For this face pack, one will require a teaspoon of gram flour and a teaspoon of aloe vera(1).
- Mix the two ingredients to get a paste that is smooth in consistency.
- Apply this on the face and ensure that it remains on for 10 minutes.
- Then, rinse off the mask with water.
- This method should be repeated 2-3 times per week.
- Aloe vera soothes the skin and nourishes it.
- It also comprises a wide range of minerals, vitamins, polysaccharides, and antioxidants.
- Supple, nourished, and healthy skin can easily be obtained by adding aloe vera to the skincare routine.
- This face pack removes tan, relieves sunburn, reduces dark spots, and hyperpigmentation.
[ Read: Aloe Vera for Skin ]
2. Besan and Turmeric
- Take two teaspoons of besan and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Add rose water to this. Apply this paste as an even layer on the skin.
- Let the pack dry naturally.
- Then, rinse it off, following 10-15 minutes.
- If individuals have dehydrated skin, ½ a teaspoon of fresh cream can be added to the face pack.
- This face pack should be used two times per week.
- This face pack should brighten up your complexion.
- Turmeric remains a potent ingredient when combined with besan.
- It brightens the skin.
- It also destroys microbes, which is a great advantage for individuals with acne-prone skins.
- This face pack is exceptional for all skin types.
3. Besan and Fuller’s Earth
- For this face pack, you will require two teaspoons of Fuller’s earth, one teaspoon of besan, and some rose water.
- Mix the ingredients and then, adding rose water, mix the concoction to get a smooth, consistent paste.
- Apply this and leave it on the face for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- This should be repeated up to twice per week.
- Fuller’s Earth is a cosmetic clay absorbing excess oil and skin toxins.
- It clears the pores and also exerts a cooling effect.
- The preparation can improve surface skin circulation.
- This face pack is excellent for oily, combination, and healthy skin.
4. Besan and Tomato
- For this, you will require two tablespoons of besan and one ripe tomato.
- Blend the tomato into a pulp and apply it to besan.
- Mix this paste well and coat your face with it.
- Wash off the paste after 10-12 minutes.
- Perform this action 2-3 times per week.
- Adding tomato pulp to the skin makes it easier to lighten and de-tan the skin.
- Tomato bleaches the skin, lightening tan, dark spots, and age spots.
- It also rebalanced your skin’s natural acidity-alkalinity balance and associated sebum production.
- Further, the vitamin C content of this tomato is excellent for making the skin smoother and firmer by erasing fine lines and wrinkles.
- This besan and tomato face pack is unique for every skin type.
[ Read: Tomato for Acne Treatment ]
5. Besan and Banana Face Pack
- For this face pack, you will require 3-4 ripe banana pieces and two teaspoons of besan, besides rose water and milk.
- For this mixture, cut the banana into cubes and mash it.
- Then, add the besan to the paste.
- Apply this mixture evenly on the face, leaving it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- This face pack should be used 1-2 times per week.
- Banana is full of rich fats, nourishing the skin, and moisturizing it.
- The fruit also reduces wrinkles and scars through the production of elastin and collagen.
- This face pack is suited for those with dry skin.
6. Curd and Besan
- For this face pack, you will need two tablespoons of gram flour (besan) and one to two teaspoons of curd or yogurt.
- Mix the two and use the smooth, consistent face pack for your skin.
- Apply the paste onto the face and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Then, wash this off using water.
- This face pack should be used twice a week.
- Yogurt is a powerful cleanser and skin moisturizing agent, due to natural oils and enzymes present in it.
- Further, the lactic acid content exfoliates the dead skin and improves your complexion.
- Zinc in the probiotic agent clears up pimples.
- This face pack works for dry, normal, combination, and acne-prone skin.
[ Read: How Often Should Face Masks ]
7. Egg White and Besan
- For this face pack, use one egg white(2), two teaspoons of gram flour, and half a tablespoon of honey.
- Beat the egg till it turns fluffy.
- Then, add the gram flour and besan to it.
- Mix it well.
- Apply this onto the skin and let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off this face pack with lukewarm or tepid water, following this.
- This face pack can be applied once every 4-5 days.
- Enzymes present in the egg white unclog and tighten the pores of the skin.
- This diminishes wrinkles and fine lines.
- It also rebuilds the skin cells.
- The skin feels firm and radiant after just a single application.
- This is suitable for all skin types except dry skin.
[ Read: Egg Whites Mask for Acne ]
8. Green Tea and Besan
- Take two tablespoons of gram flour, one green tea bag, and a cup of hot water.
- Steep the green tea in water for just a couple of minutes.
- Then, remove the tea bag and allow the decoction to cool down.
- Add the herbal tea to the gram flour till a paste of medium consistency is obtained.
- Then, apply this onto the face and let it dry within 15 minutes.
- Rinse the water off and pat the skin dry.
- Repeat this face pack two times per week.
- This antioxidant in green tea benefits the skin, when applied topically.
- It clears up free radical damage and oxidative stress.
- This face pack is perfect for all skin types.
Gram flour is a natural remedy that also reduces skin oiliness without drying out the skin. It is essential for regulating the moisture and keeping the skin supple. This natural remedy removes tan due to skin exfoliation and bleaching properties, making it an excellent treatment for rejuvenating your skin.
[ Read: Green Tea Face Packs ]