For many people, their face is a source of confidence which they like to maintain in the best possible state. Each one of us wishes to have a clear and glowing facial skin, with little to no issues. However, the reality is a lot different. Be it our lifestyle, or the environment, or genetics; there are so many issues that come as a hindrance in the path of having perfect and flawless skin.
Moreover, chemical-based medicines and make-up provide temporary solutions and often make problems worse in the long run. Natural remedies provide a ray of hope for skin care. Coconut oil for face is one such wonderful solution that works as a fantastic skin and body care product.
Causes of face problems
- Overexposure of the face to the sun or harmful radiations
- Hereditary or genetic factors
- Environmental factors such as pollution, smoke, dust, etc.
- Stress and anxiety
- Sensitive skin
- Hormonal changes
- Using chemical-based products or makeup
- Using drugs such as corticosteroids, birth control pills etc.
- Exposure of the body to allergens
Symptoms of face problems
- Excessive itching or burning sensations
- Inflammations and redness of the skin.
- Pimples and comedones
- Loose or excessively dry or oily skin
What is Coconut Oil?
Coconut Oil is extracted from the edible and fleshy part of the coconut fruit. It has got many useful components, ranging from medium chained fatty acids, Vitamin E, essential amino acids to antioxidants. Coconut Oil is one of the best products provided by the lap of nature for skincare. It has got many health and body care benefits for your skin, stomach, hair and even your heart.
If you want to use coconut oil for face, go for organic, cold pressed and unrefined coconut oil to obtain the best results.
Why to use Coconut Oil for face?
Coconut oil, if used correctly, serves multiple purposes to ensure healthy and glowing skin for your face with its wide range of beauty benefits(1). This oil has antioxidants that help in the healing and protection of the skin, providing it with a glowing and healthy look. The fatty acid composition of this oil reduces inflammation. Coconut Oil has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties that further enhance its qualities and make it an excellent option for your face. The best part is that it has got hardly any side effects and can be used on oily as well as dry skin.
Benefits of Using Coconut Oil On Face
Coconut oil for the face can be used as a cleanser, moisturizer, make-up remover and even as an effective and high-quality sunscreen. For the face, apply it directly on your skin as per the recommendation of your healthcare expert in the right proportions for achieving the desired benefits.
- It can be just melted in a pan, added with suitable essential oil and baking soda or baking soda and Coconut Oil in the right proportions and can be after that, stored and used as a face wash.
- Also, adding a few drops of coconut oil to your lip balm helps in getting rid of dry lips.
- Adding a few drops of it to your moisturizer and applying the mixture before sleeping moisturizes the skin and helps in getting rid of acne, as well.
- It also provides relief from sunburns and rashes.
- Coconut Oil scrub is an excellent remedy for having smoother skin.
- Coconut Oil for face performs all the necessary functions from providing nourishment and health to glow and beauty for your face.
Prepare your own mixture of coconut oil at Home
1 tablespoon of coconut oil, three tablespoon oatmeal and warm water
Take good quality oatmeal in a bowl and pour warm water in it. Take enough warm water to create a thick paste-like consistency. Next, take coconut oil and mix it with the oatmeal. The oatmeal coconut face mask is ready.
Apply it to your face by gently rubbing in circular motion. Leave the mixture for about 15 minutes and then rinse it with fresh water. This facemask proves out to be immensely helpful for acne-prone skin and restores its normal PH Balance.
½ tablespoon coconut oil, ½ tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of yoghurt
Take the proportion mentioned above of the coconut oil, lemon juice and yoghurt in a bowl. Mix the ingredients well to obtain a fine paste.
Apply a thick coating of it to your face and wait for 15 minutes. Later rinse it off with warm water. This face mask nourishes and hydrates the skin cells and protects the skin from damage as well as aging.
Other benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil indeed is a massive blessing for one’s face, but its benefits are not restricted to just that. This oil has got many other additional benefits and proves out to be an inexpensive, yet effective remedy in many cases. Some of its benefits are:
- Helps in losing weight
- Reduces the symptoms of Gallbladder disease
- Improves the digestion and memory
- Increases the energy levels of the body
- Prevents tooth decay and several gum diseases
- Reduces Inflammation and treats fungal/yeast infections
- Useful for obtaining hair nourishment and healthy scalp and hair
- Improves the status of Diabetes type II
Do’s and Dont’s
- Do take a skin patch test to see its impact before using coconut oil for face.
- Make sure that heat the oil only as required. Do not overheat.
- Do not start using the oil without consulting with your healthcare expert.
- Do not use the oil in inappropriate quantities without any confirmation. Abide by the directions as given by your healthcare expert.
- Store the coconut oil in an appropriate container, preferably glass or a similar material.
- Buy good quality of coconut oil- organic and unrefined.
- Though not always, but in cases of extra sensitive skin, its use may lead to acne issues.
- Using coconut oil for the face without consulting a healthcare expert may have adverse consequences or allergic reactions in rare cases.
Other natural/homemade remedies for face
1. Aloe vera gel:
Aloe vera gel is of great help in softening and healing the skin, clogging the pores and reducing the redness or inflammations on your face(2). Extract from fresh aloe vera gel by cutting the leaf of aloe vera and apply the same to the affected area on the face. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash off with fresh water.
2. Baking Soda:
Baking Soda helps in whitening the facial skin and also opening the clogged pores of the face. Mix one tsp of baking soda with olive oil and apply over the affected area. Leave on for ten minutes and wash-off with fresh water(3).
Almonds, being highly rich with Vitamin E and good fats, are beneficial for the facial skin. They give a glow to the face. Additionally, almonds are good for hair as well. Soak five almonds overnight in fresh water and peel them and eat on an empty stomach in the morning.
Our face needs to be handled with care, and in the right ways as very often it makes or breaks the first impression. Taking care of the face is an aspect that many are ready to spend their time, as well as money on. But the pharmaceuticals and chemical based medicines often have side-effects. Coconut Oil for the face is a fantastic cure, as well as a preventive measure for a healthy and glowing face.