Masks based on egg whites have been quite popular for its numerous benefits. If people are to be believed, then face masks that are made from egg whites, make your skin look younger.
At the same time, egg whites mask for acne can have a significant effect in reducing pimples, blackheads, and other issues associated with acne. In the following article, we would take a look at the benefits of using egg whites for acne and how you should prepare egg whites to mask for acne and get the maximum benefits.
Nutrients of Egg Whites (Quantities per 100 gm)
- Protein – 11 gm.
- Potassium – 163 mg.
- Sodium – 166 mg.
- Fat -0.2 gm.
- Carbohydrates – 0.7 gm.
Before we get down to knowing how to prepare egg whites to mask for acne, let us first understand the benefits of using egg whites for acne.
[Also Read: Natural Treatments For Acne]
Egg Whites Mask for Acne: Does it Help?
Well, egg whites do have certain components that might help to treat acne. A lot of people think that egg whites contain Vitamins and other such nutrients, and they help in treating acne and its associated symptoms. However, that is not true. Egg whites have 0% vitamins. It doesn’t have much apart from protein and a little bit of Potassium and Sodium.
People think that egg whites mask for acne is beneficial because the protein present in it helps to tighten the skin, and that prevents acne. Scientific studies have proven that claim. Protein is also believed to absorb excess oil from the face and thereby preventing them from clogging the skin pores.
However, there is little scientific evidence that suggests that the protein indeed helps in fighting against acne. However, people have reported having got positive results when they have used egg white masks to get rid of acne.
So, it can be somewhat safe to say that egg whites mask for acne can indeed be beneficial.
Now that we know that egg whites mask for acne can be used to treat acne let us take a look at how you should prepare such masks for getting rid of acne.
[Also Read: Oatmeal Mask for Acne]
Easy Technique to Separate The Yolk from Egg Whites
When you are preparing to make egg whites mask for acne, you should ensure that you separate the yolks from the white. This is because you should never apply egg yolk directly to your face. Yolks can easily be contaminated with bacteria. These bacteria can also block the skin pores and cause acne.
If you are preparing a mask for getting rid of acne, then you should separate the yolks from the whites. It is not as hard as you might think it is. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Crack the egg at its midpoint
- After you have cracked it, don’t open it. Tilt the egg on one side, so that the yolk moves to that side.
- Once you open the egg, tilt it to the other side, and you would trap the yolk in one part of the shell.
- Drain the egg white into a separate container
Make Egg White Face Mask for Acne: The Different Ways
You can make egg whites mask for acne in several different ways. Here are a few of them:
DIY Facial Mask for Acne Scars for Dry Skin
- If you have dry skin, then you can follow the given recipe for preparing egg whites to mask for acne for dry skin
- Blend 6-7 grapes and the white from one egg with the help of your blender
- Wash your face before using the mask
- With the help of a cotton ball or a kitchen brush, apply the mixture directly to the affected areas
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
Egg White Face Mask for Oily Skin
- If you have oily skin, then you should prepare the egg white face mask in the following way:
- Take one egg white and mix it well with freshly squeezed lemon juice from half a lemon
- Mix it till you get a frothy consistency.
- Wash your face properly with lukewarm water
- Apply the mixture to your face with the help a brush or a cotton pad.
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Again wash your face with warm water
Let us now take a look at some of the frequently asked questions about using egg whites mask for acne
[Also Read: Home Remedies For Oily Skin]
1. Should I Use Pasteurized Egg Whites?
Egg whites are not as easily contaminated with bacteria like the yolk. However, if you are highly sensitive (or if your doctor tells you so), you should use pasteurized egg whites mask for acne for better results without any risk.
2. Are any Side Effects of Using Egg Whites for Acne?
A lot of people, especially young children, are allergic to chicken eggs. To know if you are allergic or not, test the egg white face mask for acne on a patch of your skin. If you are getting rashes, you should avoid that.
Raw eggs often contain Salmonella bacteria. It is safe to use it on your skin, but you should not ingest it. So, be sure that you don’t get any of it in your body.
3. Do I have to put it on daily?
You don’t need to make masks to get rid of acne every day. You can use it every alternate day or even less than that! It all depends on the severity of the condition.
Using egg whites mask for acne might help you to fight against acne. However, it should not replace medication or any other form of medical treatment. If you are facing issues with acne, then you need to get in touch with a dermatologist and get their professional advice to get it treated the right way. We hope that you found this article to be informative and know what you need to know before you use egg whites mask for acne treatment.