Rose is universally a flower of love. While the different colors of roses have different meanings of expression, red for love, yellow for friendship and many more, it’s interesting to know that rose water, also does many good things to your body.
Rosewater is the process of extracting water by steeping the rose petals in it. Roses have been used in perfumes and for consuming since time immemorial. It is a colossal flavoring agent in the Middle East for the preparation of most of its cuisines, especially baklava, gumdrops, and nougat.
Rosewater has served itself in the cosmetic industry as well. Rosewater is used in ointments, perfumes, as a toner, cleanser, and much more. Rosewater benefits are plenty! So let us find out what those benefits are.
Did You Know
- The world’s oldest rose is supposedly a 1000 years old?
- The rose flower can grow into a fruit called the rosehip.
- Some versions of rosehip are very rich in Vitamin C, which is why they are often used in the preparation of jams or as a flavoring agent.
- Rose is also used in the form of rose water for hair, rose water for skin, rose water for acne, and many other purposes.
- Rose-water is known to have many anti-inflammatory properties.
- In some cultures, rosewater is used as a sacred
Rose Water Benefits
The benefits of rose are used in the form of rose water, rose oil extract, and sometimes even with rose petals. However, the rose water benefits are what make it so favorable and famous. Every cosmetic store and supermarkets have a designated corner for rosewater. It is the most common product bought by women daily. Let’s get to know why.
- Rosewater for skin and rose water for hair are the primary reasons why women so actively purchase rose water. Rosewater helps to restore the pH balance of the skin and helps in growing healthy hair. It controls the excess formation of oil on your skin and scalp.
- It is anti-inflammatory and using rose water for acne can help prevent recurrence of them and also help in fading away scars. It reduces redness, itching, and can also be used to treat other skin diseases like Eczema.
- Rosewater is anti-bacterial and prevents infection if used for minor cuts and burns.
- Rosewater has astringent properties that make it the best natural toner for face.
- Rosewater can be used as a mist as it is known to uplift mood and keeps wrinkles and aging at bay.
Ways to Use Rose Water Properly
1. Rosewater for Hair Growth
Take a few drops of coconut oil in your palm and mix it with an equal quantity of rose water.
Massage this every day and shampoo if you need to step out. This mixture clears out the dirt and dandruff on your scalp and leaves you with a clean scalp necessary for hair growth.
[Read: Home Remedies for Hair Growth]
2. Rosewater for Sunburn
Sunburns(1) can be very painful. The first thing to do is to rub ice over a sunburn. Then you must try this.
Mix rose water with Aloe Vera gel and apply to the sunburn affected area. Apply this three times until the sunburn heals.
3. Rosewater for Skin Benefits
Take a few drops of rose water on a cotton ball and use it as a toner on a clean face. Making this a part of your bedtime routine will leave you with better skin, acne-free skin, and prevents wrinkles and signs of aging.
[Read: Lighten Skin Naturally]
4. Benefits of Drinking Rose Water
There are several benefits of drinking rosewater. You can consume by diluting with water or try this famous recipe of Indian summers.
Mix curd with water and blend it in a mixer. Add sugar and rose water to it. Blend again. You can also add some rose syrup to enhance its flavor.
This is a famous summer drink in India and is known to cool your body during summers.
5. Rosewater for Skin Pigmentation
Take a few drops of lemon juice and add 1 tbsp of rose water to it. You can also add gram flour to this mixture. Once you make a smooth paste out of it, apply to your face and rest for 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water. This treats dark skin and also helps in the removal of tan and to clear pigmentation(2) on the skin.
Rosewater is just the elixir your body needs. Its multiple uses and benefits make it the most loved power liquids of all time. The soothing fragrance, availability coming at a nominal price makes it the most reached out product in all superstores. So what are you waiting for? Go and get a bottle of rose water and start using to utilize the rose water benefits.
1. Can I Consume Rose Water Directly?
Yes, you can do that. It has no harmful effects. Diluting is advised only to lessen the taste of rose in water as it might not be comfortable for everybody.
2. Can I Make Rose Water at Home?
Yes, you can easily do that. Boil water and add rose petals in boiling water and let it steep. Serve and use it for your benefits once it cools down.