Is your favorite dress from prom still fitting you well? Aren’t you planning to get it altered so that you can get inside it because you have gained a lot of weight? Well, it’s not just you, but a zillion others are also struggling with the problem of weight gain. But for some, it takes an ugly turn too. At least 2.8 million adults die every year because of overweight or obese. More than 1.4 billion adults, 20 and older are in excess weight. Losing weight is not an easy talk. But have you employed all of your knowledge?
Well, there is surely a stone left unturned and that is none other than the tiny little aromatic spice from the nearest corner of your kitchen, Cumin. Don’t frown in amazement as this small spice contains a bomb of weight loss properties that are likely to be unheard of but not anymore. Read on to explore the cumin seeds for weight loss to slim and shape your body.
5 Simple Ways of Cumin Seeds for Weight Loss
- Cumin seeds and apple cider vinegar
- Cumin seeds and lemon
- Cumin seeds and cinnamon
- Yogurt and cumin seeds
- Cumin and fatty fish
About cumin seeds for weight loss:
The primary ingredient in all household kitchen is cumin seeds. Cumin is a flowering plant in the family Apiaceae. Cumin seed is a dried seed of the herb of Cuminum Cymatium that is a member of the parsley family. Cumin powder gets widely used in many conventional dishes across the globe. Cumin water is known to aid digestion and improve the bowel movements. With a sound bowel movement and enhanced metabolism, your body is likely to shed the extra weight without employing much of an effort.
What are the types of cumin seeds?
Cumin seeds can get categorized into two types.
- Brown cumin (Cuminum cyminum)
- Black cumin (Bunium bulbocastanum)
Which type of cumin seeds suits the condition and why?
Are you wondering which type of cumin seeds can actually assist in your weight loss process? Then, the answer is brown cumin seeds. It is an apt choice for people who want to shed those kilos off their body. Brown cumin seeds have anti-inflammatory effects and improve digestion. They also boost metabolism and lower LDL cholesterol in your body. The cumin water helps you flush out toxins in the body. Eventually, the cumin water reduces the toxin levels in the body, and that accelerates the weight loss process.
Reasons that will compel you to use cumin for weight loss
- Cumin seeds have little calories as a teaspoon full of cumin has only seven calories, hence making it an ideal ingredient for weight loss.
- Cumin has anti-inflammatory properties that help to inhibit inflammation-induced obesity. Studies have found that cumin seeds help to inhibit the signaling pathway that tends to trigger obesity at an elementary level.
- Cumin seeds have abundant antioxidants that help to get rid of the free radicals of oxygen. Owing to an abundance to anti-oxidants like vitamin C and A, cumin seeds also possess the power of magnesium and copper that helps in losing weight.
- A healthy metabolism is a key to attain a lean figure as the body can digest all the processed fat and sugar that you consume daily, and cumin seeds work as great metabolic boosters. Many studies have shown that cumin seeds help to fasten metabolic rate in obese people along with enhancing their lipid profile.
- Cumin seeds lower the LDL or bad cholesterol that is one of the primary causes of weight gain. This cholesterol is also bad for the cardiovascular system as it forms a wall of plaque in the arteries that results in its blockage.
Top 5 Incredible ways to use Cumin Seeds for Weight Loss
Here are a few best possible ways to use cumin seeds to shed extra fat.
1. Cumin seeds and apple cider vinegar
- Have a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one cup of water
- Soak two teaspoon cumin seeds overnight in the bowl of water
- Strain out the water in the morning and add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Stir the water well and drink
- You can consume this empty stomach daily for a week for wondrous results
Apple cider vinegar with cumin seeds has natural advantages that make it great for weight loss. Apple cider vinegar helps suppress fat accumulation and manages blood sugar especially after eating a meal high in carbohydrates. As per a research, the presence of acetic acid in the vinegar was found to suppress fat accumulation in the animal studies. Scientists also claimed that daily intake of apple cider vinegar with cumin seeds might be helpful in the prevention of metabolic syndrome by reducing overweight and obesity. The balanced level of blood sugar is essential to ensure an active and healthy weight loss.
2. Cumin seeds and lemon
- Take two teaspoons cumin seeds and one cup of water
- Squeeze the juice of ½ lime
- Soak the cumin seeds by putting it in the bowl of water and leave overnight
- Next day, strain out the water plus add lime juice
- Stir the mixture well and consume
- Drink it thrice a week for miraculous results on excess weight
Consuming cumin seeds regularly will help you reduce digestive issues. Cumin seeds generally have an anti-inflammatory effect and aid digestion. In addition to cumin seeds, lemon has natural antioxidants and vitamin C that fastens the weight loss process by diluting the accumulated body fat. Many scientists back the fact that drinking cumin water with lime juice is a beneficial step in the weight loss program.
3. Cumin seeds and cinnamon
- Take a teaspoon of ground Ceylon cinnamon and one cup of water
- Add two teaspoon cumin seeds to the water and soak it overnight
- Add ground Ceylon cinnamon in the morning and heat water for 3 minutes
- Strain the mixture and drink
- Do it twice a week 20 minutes before lunch and 20 minutes after dinner for better noticeable results
Cinnamon is highly abundant in antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antiparasitic properties that make it one of the healthiest spices of all time. Cinnamon, on the other hand, supports weight loss and helps you lose visceral fat. Cinnamon actively boosts insulin function, helps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol and enhances cell metabolism as well. You will be surprised to know that one tablespoon cinnamon does contain 1.6gm of fiber that fulfills your daily fiber goal and enhances a feeling of fullness at meals. Research from the University of Michigan suggests that cinnamon may help fat cells to burn lipids. The combination of cinnamon with cumin seeds is an unusual yet very beneficial remedy for weight loss.
4. Yogurt and cumin seeds for weight loss
- You need a cup of yogurt, one tablespoon of lemon juice, and two teaspoons cumin powder
- Add cumin powder, lime juice, yogurt, and a pinch of salt to the bowl
- Mix the ingredient well
- Consume the mixture for lunch
- You can add chopped tomato, cucumber, onion, and sprouts also to the yogurt and cumin mix for making a mouth-watering salad for weight loss
One of the simplest home remedies for excess weight is yogurt and cumin seeds for weight loss. Yogurt helps to burn fat and promote weight loss. Studies suggest that fat-free yogurt consumption as part of reduced calorie diet lost 22% more weight and 61% more body fat than other individuals.
5. Cumin and fatty fish
- 100g salmon fillets
- ½ cup of broccoli
- ½ tablespoon of dried thyme
- One teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon of garlic oil
- ½ tablespoon of dried rosemary
- Two teaspoon mayonnaise with chili oil salt and pepper
- Add the dried thyme, dried rosemary, butter, garlic oil, and salt and pepper to the bowl and mix well
- Rub the mixture on the salmon fillets
- Sprinkle cumin power on the salmon fillets
- Heat the grill for about 3 minutes and place salmon and broccoli on the grill and grill for 8 minutes
- Add one tablespoon for butter on top of the salmon
- Now sprinkle some salt and pepper on the recipe
- Plate the grilled salmon and broccoli with mayonnaise and chili oil dip
If you are searching for foods that are rich in lean protein, then salmon is the best food. Salmon helps you to maintain muscle mass when you try to lose weight. Salmon has a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids. When salmon gets consumed along with broccoli and garlic will have terrifying effects on overweight.
Always ensure that you don’t overheat them while cooking because that will destroy all the goodness and benefits possessed by the cumin seeds.
A word of caution
- Always make sure you use only fresh vegetables and fruits. Rotten fruits and vegetable can contain bacteria that causes the condition even worse. Don’t eat while it is too hot and don’t burn your tongue.
- Cumin seeds may cause heavy bleeding during menstruation.
- Sometimes cumin seeds can also cause heartburn and causes excessive belching too.
- Diabetic individuals should consume cumin at a limited rate.
- Consuming cumin seeds with more substantial amounts can lower the blood sugar level in your body.
- Cumin seeds have narcotic properties and should be consumed with caution as they can become addictive.
Lossing body fat is not a cup of tea for all. It takes continuous efforts and persistence to shed the extra pounds off your body. Hence fix up a daily routine and eat healthy for better metabolism. The cumin seeds for weight loss are wondrously effective and with no side effects. It is practically possible to reduce the weight and remove the toxins and shed your body fat if you try to follow these home remedies and recipes made with cumin seeds regularly as mention above. There is no doubt in that. While consuming cumin seeds and cumin water be mindful about the word of caution to get impressive results. But if you witness some allergies or bloating in the stomach, do consult a physician for it.