Does weight loss for you mean to eat only boiled, raw and fat-free food? Well, it’s not just you, but many others in the world are living under this myth that it is nothing else but fatty foods that add up those extra pounds to the weighing scale.
But you might be wrong too as everyone has certain lifestyles, values, and attitudes towards life due to which the entire world has become sicker and fatter. At least 2.8 million adults die every year because of overweight or being obese. More than 1.4 billion adults, 20 and older are in excess weight.
Fatty foods do play a part in making you fat but, what if we say that many remedies using the good fats that can act wondrously on overweight! Surprised? Well. Read on to discover how good fats for weight loss can help.
good fats for weight loss
About good fats for weight loss
There are many types of fats that you can find in foods, but only the unsaturated fats or healthy fats can aid in weight loss. They are present in abundance in avocados, olive oil, and certain nuts. They differ from saturated fats by having a little number of hydrogen atoms bonded to their carbon chains. According to the National Health Portal, monosaturated fats have multiple health benefits and should a must inclusion in the daily diet.
Good fats commonly occur in vegetables, seeds, and fish. Good fats lower the risk of harmful LDL cholesterol and improve the cholesterol profile significantly. Omega-3 fatty acids help to treat and prevent stroke and heart disease by reducing the raising HDL, blood pressure and reduces triglycerides levels. Therefore, it is better to consume good fats instead of saturated fats for better weight loss.
What are the types of good fats for weight loss?
Here are the two types of good fats for weight loss.
- Monosaturated fats
- Polyunsaturated fats
Which type of good fat for weight loss suits the condition and why?
If you are on a spree to get back to your desired weight, then monounsaturated fats are the most desired good fats for weight loss. Avocados, olive oil, canola oils, nuts such as hazelnuts, almonds, and pecans, and seeds such as sesame and pumpkin seeds are rich sources of monosaturated fats. These fats help to reduce harmful cholesterol levels in the blood and lower the risk of heart disease. Monounsaturated fats provide nutrients and maintain the health of the cells of the body. Let us have a quick look at various recipes of good fats for weight loss below to cut the extra fats in your body.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies To Lose Weight]
4 Mouth-watering DIY recipes of using Good fats for weight loss
1. Chia seed pudding
How to prepare?
- Take a cup of almond milk or full-fat milk
- Take four teaspoons of chia seeds, two teaspoons of honey, half a teaspoon of vanilla extract and nutmeg
- Blend all the ingredients except the chia seeds
- Add the chia seeds into the blended ingredients and stir the mixture well
- Keep it in a refrigerator for 4 hours and let it form like a gel, a pudding texture
- Consume it twice or thrice a week for effective weight loss
Benefits of chia seeds:
Chia seeds have polyunsaturated fatty acids that get categorized as healthy fats. Chia seeds also contain ALA (alpha linoleic acid) and rich in omega-3-fatty acid. They increase the energy levels of the body. One ounce of chia seeds contains 4.4 grams of protein that helps in building muscle mass and aids muscle recovery.
2. Asparagus and broccoli
How to prepare?
- Take fresh asparagus and broccoli
- Cut into slices and use in regular cooking
- Steam it, grill it, and roast it
- You can include it raw in salads and sandwiches
- Consume for at least twice or thrice a week for good results on excess weight
Benefits of asparagus and broccoli
Are you wondering on foods that make you slim? Then asparagus and broccoli will be the best answer to it. Both asparagus and broccoli are low in fat and calories. Asparagus contains lots of soluble and insoluble fiber that makes it a good choice for you to lose weight. Asparagus contains high levels of the amino acid called asparagine which makes it a natural diuretic food. Consuming more asparagus can help you flush excess salt and fluid from the body.
When you think about green vegetables that you can include in your diet, then broccoli tops the list as it is packed with dozens of nutritional elements. Broccoli is also highly abundant in fiber and good carbs that maintain low blood sugar, aid in digestion, prevent constipation and curb overeating.
[Read: Home Remedies for Weight Loss]
3. Olive oil and lemon juice
How to prepare?
- Take a glass of lemon juice
- Add 3-5 drops of extra virgin olive oil
- Stir the mixture well and drink it
- Drink a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil daily
- You can also have your salad or Italian pasta with olive oil
Benefits of olive oil and lemon juice:
Are you going mad on overweight? Then follow this simple good fat recipe. Yes, olive oil is the best fat that can cut down your belly fat. Olive oil aids in weight loss and when combined with lemon is an effective way to remove body fat easily. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants and good fats for weight loss. It is heart friendly and promotes brain health. In addition to olive oil, lemon also helps to reduce and prevent weight gain in a variety of ways by suppressing body fat accumulation process. This combination will undoubtedly make you slim and shape your body.
4. Salmon with broccoli
- 100g salmon fillets
- ½ cup of broccoli
- ½ tablespoon of dried thyme
- ½ tablespoon of garlic oil
- ½ tablespoon of dried rosemary
- Two teaspoons of mayonnaise with chili oil salt and pepper
How to prepare?
- Add the dried thyme, dried rosemary, butter, garlic oil, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well
- Rub the mixture on the salmon fillets
- Heat the grill for about 3 minutes and place salmon and broccoli on the grill and grill for 8 minutes
- Add one tablespoon for butter on top of the salmon
- Now sprinkle some salt and pepper on the recipe
- Plate the grilled salmon and broccoli with mayonnaise and chili oil dip
Benefits of grilled salmon with broccoli:
If you are searching for foods that are rich in lean protein, then salmon is the best food that is rich in lean protein. Salmon helps you to maintain muscle mass when you try to lose weight. Salmon has a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids. Hence when it gets consumed along with broccoli and garlic, it speeds up the process of losing weight.
Good fat supplements for weight loss:
Fish oil supplements are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are healthy fats, and you can find in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) in foods such as chia seeds, walnuts, and soya bean oil. It is also present in the form of DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) which gets widely found in fatty fish and fish oil supplements.
Due to poor diet and food habits, you do not get enough omega-3 fatty acids which reduce the blood triglyceride levels. More importantly, the fish oil supplements may help you shed body fat and lose inches. Thus, the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil have extensive potential health benefits and aids weight loss. Fish oil supplements play a significant role to provide you with the good fats for weight loss.
[Read: Supplements for Weight Loss]
A word of caution
- Always make sure you use only fresh vegetables and fruits. Rotten fruits and vegetable can contain bacteria that causes the condition even worse. Don’t eat while it is too hot and don’t burn your tongue.
- Consume chia seeds in moderate quantity as it has side effects like gastrointestinal issues, allergies and potential impact on pregnant women. So, it is better to avoid when allergies or irritation occurs.
- Olive oil in excess consumption can also cause some allergic reactions in certain individuals.
Body fat is stubborn and won’t go away in a day hence persistence is the key to success here. Follow a healthy and consistent routine that may help you in establishing a body rhythm. Along with that eat healthy and apt food. The good fats for weight loss discussed here are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the body.
It is not a significant matter to reduce the weight and remove the toxins and shed your body fat if you follow these good fat recipes on a daily basis as mention above. There is no doubt in that. While consuming these good fat diets make sure you keep a word of caution in mind to get impressive results. However, if you come across certain inflammation or allergies over the time, make sure to consult with a physician.