How effective is it to get daily cumin nutrition? Cumin is widely used for seasoning dishes and adds taste and aroma. However, besides little seasoning, the benefits of cumin are numerous. It has an extensive history of usage in the medication industry as it boosts the immune system along with providing anti-inflammatory properties (1).
These seeds aid a great deal in easing digestion and help to relieve bloating and flatulence. Among several benefits of cumin seeds, its antioxidant capacity tends to control the levels of cholesterol and promotes weight loss.
Health benefits of cumin seeds are no more a secret as they are highly rich in iron, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, riboflavin and vitamins K, C E and A. The high profile cumin nutrition makes it a potent seed that can be consumed daily (2). The iron-rich plant helps tremendously in protecting skin against several infections and fungus, along with reducing the risks of asthma and bronchitis.
India is the largest manufacturer (70% of globally produced cumin) and the most significant consumer of cumin.Our stomach’s first digestive juice—called hydrochloric acid—is highly corrosive and the stomach has to protect itself with a thick layer of mucus to stop digesting itself?
Cumin for Weight Loss
There exist several ways in which cumin can be used to cut the belly fat:
1. Cumin Water
- Soak three tablespoons of cumin seeds in water overnight
- Heat water in the pan
- Boil the seeds
- Filter the water into a glass
- Add a few drops of lemon
It is most useful to drink on an empty stomach in the morning. You will witness a slight reduction in belly fat after two weeks of daily consumption.
2. Cumin Yoghurt
- Blend 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds thoroughly to make powder
- Take four tablespoons of yogurt in a bowl
- Mix the cumin powder in the yogurt well
- Eat the yogurt for 20 days
It is most beneficial when consumed after the meals
Cumin for Hair
The iron-rich plants help in hair growth tremendously. Here is the secret of getting shiny, healthy, and long hair by using cumin tonic for hair.
- Cumin seeds one teaspoon
- Egg yolk 1
- Olive oil two teaspoon
- On a high flame boil 1 cup of water
- Add cumin seeds to the boiling water and cook for fifteen minutes
- Remove the boiling water from the stove and strain it
- Add the egg yolk and olive oil
- Combine the mixture well until it forms a creamy solution
How to use?
- Apply this liquid gradually in your head with the help of your fingers
- Massage the juice on your scalp for ten minutes
- Leave the oil in your hair for about thirty minutes
- Wash your hair using a shampoo and do not forget to condition your hair
- Apply the mixture every once a week, and you will witness long and shiny hair after thirty days of usage
Cumin for Bloating:-
Bloating is a common ailment that is caused often in our daily lives due to specific reasons such as PMS, stomach ache, indigestion, etc. As the benefits of cumin seeds are numerous, it also helps in curing the bloating instantly.
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt ½ teaspoon
- Ginger powder ½ teaspoon
- Fennel seeds ½ teaspoon
- Heat water in a pan on a high flame
- In the boiling water add cumin seeds, sea salt, and fennel seeds
- Let it simmer for ten minutes on a medium-low heat
- Strain the liquid and add ginger powder
- Mix the water well
- Let it cool and then drink it
Among the numerous benefits of cumin, it also helps treat for burning sensation on the skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties help tremendously in curing the burning sensation on the skin. To cure the burning sensation, follow the given steps:
- Take four liters of water and boil it in a pan on high flame
- Once the water starts boiling add cumin seeds to it
- Let it simmer for fifteen minutes
- Remove the heat and strain the liquid
- Let it cool and drink this cumin water every hour to reduce the skin inflammation
Besides, numerous benefits that cumin seeds provide, there are a few precautions attached to it as well. Hence, it is always advisable to implement given remedies after doctor’s advice. Where cumin seeds boost digestion on the one hand, on the other hand, they also tend to cause heartburn. Furthermore, over usage of cumin seeds may cause kidney or liver damage as the oil present in these seeds is quite volatile.
To sum up, cumin seeds are quite beneficial as they are highly rich in essential nutrients and minerals. The iron-rich plant is tremendously helpful for weight loss as well as hair growth. Cumin seeds also help in digestion and cure bloating and flatulence.
1. What are cumin tea benefits?
Cumin tea is very beneficial as it highly promotes digestion and eases bloating. It also helps in improving blood cholesterol along with cutting belly fat effectively.
2. Are there any side effects of cumin seeds?
Cumin seeds may cause heartburn and over usage of these seeds may also cause liver or kidney damage.