Are you canceling important meetings or events due to sudden grumble and discomfort in your tummy? Does over the counter medication take a while for curing this problem? Then you may be suffering from diarrhea, and for this, you do not have to always rely on the pharmacy. There is apple cider vinegar, that will provide you with instant relief from diarrhea. The approach of apple cider vinegar for diarrhea is very useful especially during the time of emergency.
About Apple Cider Vinegar and Diarrhea
A prevalent and frequent ailment that people suffer from is diarrhea. This illness of loose and runny bowel movements along with a dozen other problems can happen to anyone. It affects the human body with various other issues that include bloating, skin irritation near the anus area, cramping in the abdomen, vomiting, and many other problems that weaken a body.
A person could also be affected by dehydration and under such circumstances, it is very crucial for the affected person to drink fluids, electrolytes, tea, and most importantly water which you should consume in large quantity. One liquid that can actually help you in curing this problem and provide instant relief is apple cider vinegar. The effectiveness of apple cider vinegar and the availability of this remedy at home makes it the perfect option for curing diarrhea.
Apple cider vinegar is considered as the wonder drug of today and tomorrow. Its effectiveness is so high due to its natural capabilities of fighting bacteria. It also contains various essential elements like potassium, magnesium, and calcium. They are perfect for addressing the different issues that are accompanied by diarrhea.
Why Should You Choose Apple Cider Vinegar For Diarrhea Treatment?
With the various researches conducted over the years, studies(1)reveal that apple cider vinegar has better and faster healing capabilities in comparison to other medications. The availability of all the ingredients in your kitchen shelves makes this treatment using apple cider vinegar for diarrhea more beneficial to apply.
Additionally, the antimicrobial properties can also destroy even E. Coli bacterium, that is the primary cause of food poisoning. Apple cider vinegar slows down the process of digestion, and it gives the bowel enough time to harden before being excreted. Apple cider vinegar for diarrhea is safe if taken in limited quantity.
6 Benefits That Will Compel You To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Diarrhea
Some of the benefits of apple cider vinegar for food poisoning and diarrhea are –
- Through the treatment of apple cider vinegar, the electrolytes that get lost during the process are retained and recovered. With the recovery of the lost electrolytes, the patient feels rejuvenated.
- Apple cider vinegar has some water-soluble fibers that known as pectin which helps in the thickening of the stools and thereby reducing the loose and runny stools.
- Apple cider vinegar is an anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial agent, that is very helpful in eliminating the harmful toxins and elements that are present in the body that may usually worsen the condition of the patient. Mostly it helps in cleansing the intestinal area where the majority of the bacteria thrives.
- Apple cider vinegar also helps in developing a protective layer on the colon, by forming a layer it protects the irritated area to not come in contact with the other contents. This treatment also helps in soothing the colon surface.
- The treatment helps in balancing the pH level of the body, and it also helps in the re-growth of the good bacterial flora.
- It helps in preventing intestinal spasms and in providing the body all the essential minerals that the body has lost due to diarrhea and it helps in facilitating the body with magnesium and potassium that are very crucial for re-energizing the body.
The above benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar make it one of the best home remedies for Diarrhea
Apple Cider Vinegar; The Solution to All Your Problems
DIY’s Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Food Poisoning and Diarrhea
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Water
- ACV and Honey
- Apple cider vinegar and Cayenne pepper
- ACV and Lemons
- Apple cider vinegar and Baking Soda
Apple cider vinegar can be used in various ways for curing diarrhea and many other symptoms associated with it. All these home remedies have simple ingredients that are available in each household and is also easy to prepare. Know-how is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For Diarrhea.
1. Apple cider vinegar and water
For this first method, the ingredients that you will require are apple cider vinegar and water. It is a straightforward and easy process that will help in curing diarrhea.
How to use?
- Mix one teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar into one glass of water
- It would be better to use lukewarm water
- Stir the solution well before drinking
- It is recommended to have this solution after every meal, for a quick recovery
2. Apple cider vinegar and honey
The other method of using apple cider vinegar for diarrhea involves using organic honey. Honey and apple cider vinegar will help in reducing the irritation in the colon and will also make the taste of the drink palatable.
How to use?
- In a glass of lukewarm water add 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- Add one teaspoon of honey
- Stir well, and slowly drink it
- Please do not drink it in a hurry; it will do no good.
3. Apple cider vinegar and Cayenne pepper
The third variation for curing diarrhea is with the help of cayenne pepper. It will help in curing diarrhea, primarily associated with Crohn’s disease(2).
How to use?
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- Add that to eight ounces of lukewarm water
- Stir well and ingest it.
[Read: Benefits of Cayenne Pepper]
4. Apple cider vinegar and lemons
The fourth variation includes lemons. Now, lemon is known for its capabilities of eliminating harmful bacteria from the body that results in diarrhea. Also, lemons are very vital in eliminating the toxins from the body. This drink will help in rejuvenating and re-energizing of the patient.
How to use?
- Extract the juice out of three medium lemons
- To this add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and ¾ cup of water
- Stir the solution thoroughly and have this drink once daily
5. Apple cider vinegar and baking soda
The final variation is used for cleansing the colon and for balancing the body pH level. This solution will be the most appropriate to cure diarrhea. This drink will also help in healing the diarrhea symptoms like abdominal cramps and digestive irritation.
How to use?
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda along with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Add it to a glass of lukewarm water
- Drink slowly; Don’t gulp it down
[Read: Natural Remedies for Chronic Diarrhea]
Precautions to Keep You Safe
The various precautions that you should take while using apple cider vinegar for diarrhea are-
- Apple cider vinegar is a very acidic liquid and to drink it without being correctly dissolved in the water may burn the tissues of the stomach, food pipe, and throat. Thus, it gets recommended that you adequately dissolve and dilute it with the carrier liquid(water).
- It is also advisable that after drinking the solution, the mouth should be rinsed, to reduce the damage that the apple cider vinegar may cause.
- Note that apple cider vinegar should be consumed in limited quantity, if consumed in huge amounts, it may result in excessive diarrhea. Also, consult a doctor to know the exact intake of apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar will also kill the good bacteria of the body; thus it is more crucial to take it in limited amounts.
From this article, it can be formulated that apple cider vinegar for diarrhea is a practical approach that helps in providing quick relief and also helps in treating the various symptoms that include stomach and abdominal cramps, bloating, irritation near the anus, irritation in colon area, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms. It is also vital to ensure that the amount of intake of apple cider vinegar should be in a limited amount, though, there are studies that state that you should consume only two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a day.