Did you know that the keratin that is so useful for the hair can cause damage to the skin produced by the skin in excess? Yes, sometimes it can happen. The most visible sign of seborrheic keratosis is the appearance of unsightly black blemishes and bumps on the skin due to the abnormal buildup of the skin protein keratin.
Read on to find out more about the dermatological condition and check out the list of proven methods of seborrheic keratosis home treatment.
What is Seborrheic Keratosis?
Seborrheic keratosis is a skin disease that is characterized by the abnormal rate of accumulation of skin cells and results in the excessive production of the skin protein keratin that blocks the skin pores and hair follicles and induces the development of bumps, blemishes, and pimples on the skin.
What are the seborrheic keratosis causes?
There is no specific cause of seborrheic keratosis. However, overexposure of the skin to the UV rays of the sun triggers the accumulation of keratin and causes seborrheic keratosis.
What are the seborrheic keratosis symptoms?
The different methods of seborrheic keratosis removal at home can control and cure the following symptoms.
- The presence of skin bumps on the abdomen, back, chest, and other parts of the body.
- The appearance of inch-sized waxy black warts on the skin
- Redness and itching sensations of the bumps
Top 5 Extraordinary Ways to Treat Seborrheic Keratosis
1. Seborrheic keratosis home treatment with foods
Treat seborrheic keratosis on the face, senile warts, and others by using garlic
The use of garlic is an effective seborrheic keratosis home treatment for the cure of senile warts, seborrheic keratosis on the face, and senile keratotic patches on the skin.
How to use?
- Rinse the skin with lukewarm soapy water and pat dry
- Crush a couple of fresh cloves of garlic
- Apply the minced garlic to the black waxy patches and warts on the face and other parts of the body
- Stick a piece of duct tape to attach the crushed garlic cloves to the skin
- Rip the duct tapes off the surface after about 2-3 hours
- Rinse the area of the skin
- Do this on a daily basis
Benefits of using garlic cloves
If you are wondering on how to remove the black patches then use of garlic is the best method of seborrheic keratosis removal by duct tape. Garlic is known for its powerful antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties. The cloves of garlic work wonder on the waxy patches of seborrheic keratosis and cure the dermatological disorder in a few days.
Do not use this remedy if your skin is allergic to garlic. If the pungency of garlic is too much for your sensitive skin, then follow through with the other methods of seborrheic keratosis home treatment.
Foods to eat
The foods mentioned below are rich in nutrients and antioxidants and can fight against a variety of skin disorders.
- Dark chocolate
- Bell peppers
- Sunflower seeds
- Kidney beans
- Soy chunks and soy milk
- Green tea
- Fresh green vegetables and fruits
Foods to avoid
Avoid the following foods to maintain the health and beauty of your skin.
- Sugary beverages
- White bread
- Processed fruit juice
- Margarine and other fake butter
- Fries and chips
- Processed meat
- Fast foods
- Caffeinated drinks
2. Seborrheic Keratosis Home Treatment with Herbal Remedy
How to get rid of seborrheic keratosis on scalp and others by using Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera is a calming and refreshing seborrheic keratosis home treatment. It is especially useful for the natural treatment of inflamed seborrheic keratosis, and seborrheic keratosis on the scalp.
How to use?
- Slit a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and slice out the gel
- Add a teaspoon of rose water to the gel with slight stirring to make a paste
- Smear your skin and scalp with the paste
- Keep it on for about 30-35 minutes
- Rinse your skin with lukewarm water
- Do this twice daily
Benefits of using Aloe Vera
The topical application of the gel mixed with rose water helps in refreshing the skin. It cures the pain, relieves the itchiness, moisturizes the rough and blistering patches, alleviates the inflammation, nourishes the surface, and softens waxy warts until they become loose and fall off. Smearing the scalp with the gel helps in the cure of keratosis on the scalp by keeping it continuously hydrated and nourished. The gel also helps in the elimination of skin bumps, pimples, and blisters.
Conduct a patch test by applying a tiny amount of Aloe Vera gel in an unaffected area of the skin to ensure that your skin is not allergic to it.
3. Seborrheic Keratosis Home Treatment with Essential Oil
How to treat seborrheic keratosis, pigmented seborrheic keratosis, and others with tea tree oil?
Tea tree essential oil is one of the most effective amongst other essential oils for seborrheic keratosis, senile keratotic warts, and pigmented seborrheic keratosis.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of tea tree essential oil to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Smear the affected parts of your skin and scalp with the oil mixture before going to bed at night
- Rinse your skin and scalp with rose water mixed with plain water in the next morning
- Do this on a daily basis for how to get rid of keratosis pilaris
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
The topical application of the tea tree essential oil helps in the natural treatment of seborrheic keratosis and senile warts. The rich content of antioxidants present in tea tree essential oil fights against the inflammation, itchiness, and pain of seborrheic keratosis and protect the skin against oxidative damage.
Topical application of the mixture of tea tree essential oil and coconut oil on the scalp helps in the cure of seborrheic keratosis on the scalp and prevents the dryness and flakiness of the scalp by keeping it hydrated.
Dilute the tea tree essential oil with coconut oil before applying it to the skin. Conduct a patch test to test the sensitivity of the skin to it.
4. Seborrheic Keratosis Home Treatment with Home Remedies
How to implement the seborrheic keratosis home treatment with apple cider vinegar?
The application of apple cider vinegar is one of the most remarkable remedies for how to remove senile warts and inflamed seborrheic keratosis home treatment.
How to use?
- Mix four tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with four tablespoons of water to prepare a solution.
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution
- Stick the soaked cotton balls to senile warts with the help of duct tapes or band-aids
- Rip the duct tapes off with a sharp tug
- Do this daily
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
The acidic nature of the apple cider vinegar aids in the stimulation of the skin to fight against warts and inflammation. Apple cider vinegar is known for its potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties that work in unison to cure seborrheic keratosis
Do not forget to dilute the apple cider vinegar with plain water before applying it to the skin.
5. Natural treatment for seborrheic keratosis home treatment
How to cure seborrheic keratosis on the face, and pigmented seborrheic keratosis by Epsom salt bath?
Taking a bath with Epsom salt and lukewarm water is incredibly useful for the natural treatment of itchy seborrheic keratosis, seborrheic keratosis on the face, pigmented seborrheic keratosis, senile warts, and seborrheic keratosis on other parts of the body.
How to use?
- Fill the bathtub with warm water.
- Pour a cup of Epsom salt into the water.
- Get into the tub.
- Scrub the affected areas of the skin with the salt water while in the bath.
- Do this regularly for about 15-20 minutes
Benefits of using Epsom salt
Rubbing the affected parts of the skin with the grainy and salty water aids in the shedding of the skin by sloughing off the dead skin cells. The hot water helps in the unclogging of skin pores and aids in the removal of the accumulated keratin thereby treating seborrheic keratosis.
Do not scrub your skin too hard with the Epsom salt or else it might get bruised.
How to prevent seborrheic keratosis?
- Keep your skin well-nourished and hydrated all the time
- Use sunscreen to protect your skin against the UV rays of the sun
Actinic keratosis vs. Seborrheic Keratosis
The primary cause is the same for both actinic keratosis and seborrheic keratosis. The main symptom of actinic keratosis is the rough and blistering patches that develop on the skin along with severe burning and itching sensations. Seborrheic keratosis marks the appearance of black bumps on the skin surface but is relatively painless.
The key to healthy and beautiful skin consists of a balanced diet and regular exercise. Ditch the chemical creams and the occasional poking and scratching and follow through with a combination of multiple seborrheic keratosis home treatment instead to cure the dermatological disorder in no time. It is possible that some procedures may consume a lot of time, but in the end, they will give you a positive result. Follow these remedies as mentioned above, and you will notice the change in a short span of time.