Essential oils offer ample health benefits with their natural properties. One of the most beneficial aspects of their disciplined usage to get rid of the fungal infections, all 20 kinds of diseases is manageable with the use of some essential oils.
When the growth of the fungal or Candida infection crosses a limit it leads to redness, itching, and discomfort. Complications may be severe or even fatal if left untreated in some instances. Symptoms do vary from areas infected and may show different Candida reactions, Candida rashes, and Candida overgrowth.
Even after trying a lot of medication, sometimes it is just not possible to solve the situations. Medications do show results but they vanish after the duration of medicine has passed. You might lose faith about getting it back under control; this is where you need to understand the benefits of using essential oils for Candida.[Also Read: How to get rid of Candida Naturally with Home Remedies]
Types, Symptoms, and Causes of Candida
Considering the targeted area, it can be into three categories:-
- Candida infections of the mouth, throat, and esophagi: it happens when there is an overgrowth of Candida in the mouth.
- Vaginal candidiasis: in this condition, the overgrowth of Candida takes place in the vagina. It is commonly called “vaginal yeast infection.”
- Invasive candidiasis: It is a dangerous kind of Candida overgrowth; it is an infection which affects blood, eyes, bones, and brain. It affects all the other parts of the body.
It shows different symptoms with different victimized areas. Some of the symptoms are listed below:
- Candida rash
- Digestion problems
- Sinus Candida
- Weak immune system
- Brain fog (confusion or memory problems)
- Oral thrush
- Joint pain
- Low mood
Following factors are the significant causes of Candidiasis: –
- Chemical exposure
What Essential Oils Are Good for Candida?
With such a haphazard and busy lifestyle, it is hard to take care of hygiene. Many unhealthy habits like have made a strong position in our lifestyle and this costs us in many ways, such a candida. Fortunately, there is the number of essential oils that can help you with candida.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water
How to Use Essential Oils for Candida?
Following are the top listed oils which help you take control over Candida and pull its rate back to normal.
1. Oregano Oil for Candida
Oregano oil is known to inhibit Candida overgrowth completely. As it is rich, concentrated phenols and you must know that they prevent fungal infections.
Why One Should Use Oregano Oil for Candida?
Oregano oil is one of the most potent antifungals(1) present on the face of the earth. The most significant advantage of using this oil is that yeasts won’t be able to develop resistance against it. It is one of the best essential oils for Candida.
How to Use Oregano Oil for Candida?
- It can be best for mixing one or two other herbs with for treating Candida
- Taking three drops at least with water twice a day can surely prove to be beneficial for you
- Capsules of oregano oil are also useful for yeast infections by taking a pill after a meal within 24 hours, i.e. a tablet per day and then it can be increased to two capsules a day with specific intervals
2. Clove Oil for Candida
Cloves contain antiseptic like eugenol, eugenol acetate, caryophyllene, and caryophyllene. These are some of the most effective ingredients when it is about killing yeasts and enhance body’s fighting powers.
Why One Should Use Clove Oil for Candida?
Being a powerful antifungal, they are used to treat a variety of fungal infections and symptoms arising due to Candida overgrowth. Clove oil is effective against various types of fungi which become resistant to pharmaceutical drugs. Clove oil is known to help and increase immune cells in the body. It is known for strengthening the body’s ability to ward off future infections.
How to Use Clove Oil for Candida?
- Applying clove oil directly to your affected area can be of quickest reliefs.
- Using a drop of clove oil either with 4 ounces of water or a tablespoon of honey can be taken orally.
- As it is an antiseptic you can use it in soap. Massaging 5 to 10 drops of clove oil with two ounces of coconut oil on the affected area will be helpful to you.
3. Tea Tree Oil for Candida
Tea tree oil is especially useful in the case of drug-resistant yeast infections. Mostly used by women for Vaginal Candida and infections. Tea tree oil is effective against all strains.
Why One Should Use Tea Tree Oil for Candida?
It as an essential oil because it has antifungal and antibacterial properties(2), it is in use for hundreds of years. It helps to treat skin infections and heal wounds much quickly. This is one of the most commonly used natural remedies.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Candida?
- Place pure tea tree oil on a clean cotton ball and apply gently on the affected areas
- Repeat this 1-3 times daily to get rid of the infection altogether
4. Melrose Essential Oil for Candida
Melrose essential oil is a beautiful mixture of essential oils which are effective on many types of Candida rash. It is a mixture of four essential oils which are tea tree oil, niaouli essential oil, rosemary oil, and clove essential oil. These oils individually bring their very own useful traits to the mixture and work like a charm for you.
Why One Should Use Melrose Essential Oil for Candida?
Delivering a wide range of health benefits this oil helps in Candida infections too. Skin rashes and skin infections can be treated very effectively with the help of this oil. Dryness and itchiness of the skin are treatable with Melrose essential oil for the best results.
How to Use Melrose Essential Oil for Candida?
- Pour a fair amount of oil and rub gently over the infected area
- Inhalation has proven yet another useful way for direct results against Candida and yeast infections
- Using it a small amount of your daily diet can work wonders with present infections
5. Thyme Oil for Candida
Thyme oil has uncanny ability to change morphology and metabolism of yeast enzymes, suggesting that these oils can significantly impact Candida albicans pathogenicity and Candida cannot become resistant to thyme oil.
Why One Should Use Thyme Oil for Candida?
It helps with fungus, bacteria, yeast, and Candida. It enhances the body’s ability to recycle old dysfunctional cell parts and allows microbes to function correctly, so, thyme oil is useful for fighting against Candida.
How to Use Thyme Oil for Candida?
- Making a 2% body oil dilution with thyme and coconut oil, applying this oil on the abdomen is quite useful for treating Candida overgrowth
- Use one drop of this oil in 2 tablespoons of honey and consume daily
- Thyme oil can be best for fatigue and is mostly preferred all over the world to fight fatigue problems arising due to Candida overgrowth
6. Geranium Oil for Candida
It has an earthy aroma and is beneficial for glowing skin. Geranium oil is mostly famous for having a stronger mood and hormone balancing properties. It is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic oil.
Why One Should Use Geranium Oil for Candida?
It is cicatrisant and antibacterial. It was used in ancient herbal remedies for treating wounds, cuts, and injuries. It has excellent healing properties for skin and makes superb beauty oil.
How to Use Geranium for Candida?
- You should directly apply it with the help of a clean cotton ball on the spots present on the skin
- Add it to your moisturizer, and you have now given yourself a magic skin protector for coming days
- One tablespoon of bentonite clay, one tablespoon of rose water, four drops of geranium oil, mixing them in a container and apply it directly on your skin after leaving the mixture for at least 10-15 minutes in the container
7. Peppermint Oil for Candida
It is antiviral, insecticidal, antispasmodic, and carminative oil. It can fight against indigestion and many other digestive problems.
Why One Should Use Peppermint Oil for Candida?
You should be using peppermint for Candida yeast as it can kill these yeasts and infections immediately. It does the job with a high success rate and that too within a short period.
How to Use Peppermint Oil for Candida?
- You can try pilling with one drop to cleanse the mouth of oral infection.
- If you are an adult, then taking 0.2-0.4ml twice a day is suggested and in the case of children below 8, it is advised to take 0.1-0.2ml thrice a day.
- It can also be mixed with water and applied directly with a respective ratio of 1:4 drops in the mixture.
8. Lemon Oil for Candida
Being called a jack of all traits, you must be familiar with some of its uses but to your assistance here are some mentioned benefits of lemon oil for Candida.
Why One Should Lemon Oil Be Used for Candida?
You should know that lemon oil is rich in antioxidants properties. It is best known to cleanse toxins from the targeted areas, and with that, it stimulates lymphatic drainage. It rejuvenates energy and purifies skin with all of its yeast infections and Candida overgrowth. This is why lemon oil is one of the essential oils for Candida.
How to Use Lemon Oil for Candida?
- Use it by adding it to your face wash, and it will effortlessly get off all the infections from your skin.
- Adding it to your moisturizer is another way to get rid of yeast infections from your different body parts.
9. Lavender Oil for Candida
It helps you with stress, anxiety, and eliminates nervous tension. It does wonders for fighting yeast infections causing acne and enhances blood circulation. No doubt it is one of the most useful essential oils for Candida.
Why One Should Use Lavender for Candida?
How to Use Lavender for Candida?
- Directly apply to the infected yeast area and leave it for 10-20 minutes and rinse off with water for best results.
- It can be used in vapor form for inhaling by adding to boiling water and inhaling steam from it.
Risks and Precautions
Before using any of the above mentioned essential oils for Candida, you must consult it with a healthcare expert so that you do not form any allergic reactions as a result of use. The proper application must be done on a regular basis for desired results. Problems like sinus Candida or the issue of skin candida should be treated as soon as possible otherwise consequences can be fatal.
Also Read: Lavender Oil Benefits
Other Home Remedies for Candida
Other than the essential oils for Candida mentioned above; you can follow the below mentioned home remedies for lasting relief.
Greek yogurt: Consuming plain yogurt without any added sugar twice a day will help in the management of the symptoms.
Apple cider vinegar: Add apple cider vinegar to your bathing water and stay in it for 20 minutes in a bathtub. This will help you treat Candida including candida Auris.
Hydrogen peroxide: Make sure that you dilute hydrogen peroxide before applying it to your genitals, and don’t use it for more than five days in a row.
Essential oils for Candida are readily available, but you must make the best out of available options, or else you might end up making the situation even worse. The suggestion is to make quick tests with the oils which are supposed to be used before using them in the long run to check any negative signs that your body might show. With patience, infections can be treated, and you can find easy answers to your how to get rid of certain infections easily.
Also Read: Astonishing Cream of Tartar Health Benefits
1. What are the factors which contribute to the overgrowth of Candida?
- Estrogen replacement therapy
- Poor diet
- Birth control pills
- Alcohol overuse
- Acute stress
2. Does Candida overgrowth cause weight loss?
No, it doesn’t. In fact, in many cases, it causes a problem in losing weight.