Wanted to get that perfect tan on the beach, but instead got blisters? Well, overexposure to the ultraviolet rays of the Sun can cause deep sunburns, skin cancer, and actinic keratosis, which is a dermatological condition that is characterized by the development of rough and peeling areas on the skin. Read on to find out more about actinic keratosis natural treatment.
What is Actinic Keratosis?
Actinic keratosis is a skin condition caused due to the prolonged exposure of the Sun and its carcinogenic ultraviolet rays for years. Rough and blistering patches develop on the skin along with severe burning and itching sensations. To know more about actinic keratosis natural treatment, read further!
What are the actinic keratosis causes?
- Low melanin level of skin
- Aging of skin
- Sultry and hot weather
- Weakened body immunity
- Infection caused by the HPV virus
What are actinic keratosis symptoms?
- The appearance of rough and dry areas on the skin
- Development of hard warts on the skin
- Itchy and burning sensations of the skin
Top 5 Excellent Methods of Actinic Keratosis Natural Treatment
1. Foods for actinic keratosis natural treatment
How to cure hypertrophic actinic keratosis by using eggplant?
The topical application of eggplant is highly useful for the home treatment of hypertrophic actinic keratosis and pigmented actinic keratosis on the face and lips.
How to use?
- Take a medium-sized eggplant and chop it into pieces
- Steam the slices of eggplant and mash the steamed pieces into a thick paste
- Add a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to the eggplant mash
- Smear the eggplant mash all over the actinic keratosis on the face and actinic keratosis on the lip
- Rinse it off after about half an hour
- Do this twice daily for the actinic keratosis natural treatment
Benefits of using eggplant: Eggplant possesses the biochemical compound solasodine-rhamnosyl glycosides which are remarkably effective for the home treatment of actinic keratosis.
- Do not use this remedy if you are allergic to eggplant
Foods to Eat
Include the following foods into your diet to prevent the damage of skin and protect it against carcinogenic substances.
- Seeds and nuts
- Fresh vegetables and fruits
- Fatty fishes like mackerel, salmon, etc.
- Cereals with rich fibrous content
- Lean meat and poultry eggs
- Milk, yogurt, and other dairy products
Foods to avoid
It is always recommended to avoid these foods to stay healthy and fit.
- Junk food
- Oily and processed food
- Sugary beverages
- Carbonated beverages
- Spicy foods and sauces
2. Herbal treatments for actinic keratosis natural treatment
How to implement actinic keratosis natural treatment by using green tea?
Green tea is one of the most effective home remedies for precancerous actinic keratosis and lichenoid actinic keratosis.
How to use?
- Prepare freshly brewed green tea and drink 5-6 cups of it on a daily basis for the home treatment of hypertrophic actinic keratosis, precancerous actinic keratosis, and lichenoid actinic keratosis
- You can also press the wet and warm used green tea bags to the affected areas of the skin surface for the cure of actinic keratosis
Benefits of using green tea: Green tea is a powerhouse of antioxidants. The antioxidants contained in green tea can fight against free radicals and protect the skin against oxidative stress. The phytonutrients contained in green tea can cure skin cancer and help in the treatment of infection and inflammation of the skin.
- Conduct a patch test on the skin with green tea bags to make sure that your skin is not allergic to it
- Do not drink too much green tea as that might cause acid reflux and digestive problems
3. Use Essential Oils for actinic keratosis natural treatment
How to use tea tree essential oil for the home treatment of actinic keratosis?
Tea tree essential oil when diluted with olive oil is incredibly beneficial for actinic keratosis on the scalp, actinic keratosis on the face, actinic keratosis on the nose, and actinic keratosis on lips.
How to use?
- Mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Apply the oil mixture to the pigmented actinic keratosis on the face and scalp before going to bed at night
- Rinse the affected areas of the skin with cold water in the next morning
- Do this daily for the actinic keratosis natural treatment
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil: The topical application of the oil helps to soothe the irritation and itchiness of rough and dry areas of the skin. The antioxidants contained in the essential oil can cure the infection and inflammation of the skin and aid the home treatment of precancerous actinic keratosis.
- Dilute the tea tree essential oil with olive oil before applying it on the skin
- Conduct a patch test to make sure that your skin is not sensitive to it
4. Home Remedies for actinic keratosis natural treatment
How to treat actinic keratosis with coconut oil?
The topical application of coconut oil is one of the best ways of actinic keratosis natural treatment.
How to use?
- Smear the affected areas of the skin with slightly warmed coconut oil for the home treatment of actinic keratosis freezing and lichenoid actinic keratosis
- Do this on a daily basis before going to bed at night
- Rinse the areas of the skin in the next morning and follow suit at night
Benefits of using coconut oil: The application of coconut oil helps in the moisturization of the skin. It forms a protective layer on the skin surface and locks the moisture thereby keeping the skin naturally hydrated, soft, and supple.
5. Actinic keratosis natural treatment
How to use a warm compress for the natural cure of actinic keratosis?
The application of warm compress is one of the most effective home remedies for actinic keratosis natural treatment.
How to use?
- Apply the warm compress to the affected areas of the skin thrice a day on a daily basis for the cure of actinic keratosis
Benefits of using a warm compress: The application of warm compress helps in establishing healthy blood flow and enhancing the blood circulation. It helps in the cure of the roughness of skin and makes it soft and supple.
- Make sure that the warm compress is not too hot that it scalds your skin
How to prevent Actinic Keratosis?
- Use sunscreen lotion to prevent the exposure of the skin from the Sun
- Keep your skin moisturized to avoid the dryness of skin
Actinic Keratosis vs. Seborrheic Keratosis
Actinic keratosis and seborrheic keratosis are dermatological disorders. You can characterize seborrheic keratosis by the appearance of malignant warts and skin growths whereas you can characterize actinic keratosis by the presence of dangerous skin outgrowths and hardened warts.
The home remedies of actinic keratosis natural treatment are marvelously effective. The administration of a combination of multiple remedies can prevent the dryness of skin and protect the skin against the harmful effects of the Sun. The home remedies are unusual and yet so simple and prepared with ingredients that are available right in your kitchen.