Imagine how it would feel if you had to live your whole life with horrible pain in your perianal region. That would be devastating and heartbreaking. An abscess in the perianal region can be excruciating and can make you feel the same.
It develops in the form of a painful cavity that is filled with pus and anal discharge and causes terrible pain. But before applying chemical ointments and creams, read on to find out more about the different methods of perianal abscess treatment at home. Let’s first know what perianal Abscess is.
A perianal abscess refers to the buildup of fluids and pus beneath the skin around the anus or rectum. The gland in the anal canal gets infected by bacterial infection and oozes out mucus which accumulates to cause a cavity filled with pus.
Perianal Abscess Treatment
What are the different perianal abscess causes?
There are many causes of perianal abscess, and some of them are listed below:
• Infection of the anal region causing fissures and fistulas
• Clogging of the anal gland by mucus and pus
• Sexually transmitted diseases
What are the perianal abscess symptoms?
Few symptoms of a perianal abscess are:
•Terrible pain in the anus
•The appearance of lumps in the rectal region
•Chills and fevers
•Tenderness and swelling in the rectum
• Itchiness of the affected area
Top 4 Wonderful Ways of Perianal Abscess Treatment at Home
1.Foods for perianal abscess home treatment
How to get rid of perianal abscess fistula by using onions?
Onion is one of the most effective home remedies for the home treatment of perianal abscess.
How to use?
• Peel an average-sized onion and cut it into slices
• Place the onion slices on the perianal abscess
• Let the tart juice of the onion seep into the abscess
• Change the onion slices after every 30 minutes
• Do this throughout the day for perianal abscess treatment at home
Benefits of using onions
Onion juice is rich in biochemical compounds that are powerful antiseptic in nature. The extract works by enhancing the flow of blood in the affected area of the rectum. The anti-inflammatory properties of onion juice cure the inflammation and infection and heal the rectal abscess quickly.
Make sure that the onion is fresh and juicy before applying it to the skin.
How to get rid of perianal abscess baby by using turmeric?
The topical application of turmeric paste to the perianal abscess is a remarkable cure of the painful fissure in the anal region. This remedy is especially useful for the treatment of fistula and fissures in babies.
How to use?
• Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to a tablespoon of cold milk to make a paste
• Apply a thick layer of the paste to the perianal abscess fistula
• Rinse the paste off after about 35-40 minutes
• Apply a fresh coat of the soothing paste
• Do this throughout the day for the abscess to heal
Benefits of using turmeric paste
Turmeric is a fantastic home remedy for the natural treatment of perianal abscess baby. Powdered turmeric contains potent antiseptic properties that fight against infection and inflammation. It also has powerful antibacterial and antioxidant nature that inhibits bacterial action and fights against oxidative stress.
Make sure that the turmeric powder is pure and unadulterated before applying it on the skin.
Foods to eat
The foods mentioned below are rich in nutrients and antioxidants and can fight against a variety of infections and inflammatory disorders.
• Fluids like toned milk, fruit juices, vegetable smoothies, and water
• Fruit juice of fruits like cranberry, acai berry, orange, etc.
• Green tea
• Nuts and seeds
• Fatty fish
Foods to avoid
Avoid the following foods to cure and prevent rectal abscesses.
• Sugary beverages
• White bread
• Oily foods
• Processed meat
• Fast foods
• Caffeinated drinks
2.Herbal remedies for perianal abscess home treatment
How to cure perianal abscess fissure by using Neem?
Neem leaves are one of the best natural remedies for the treatment of perianal abscess fistula and ulcers and can effectively prevent recurrent perianal abscess.
How to use?
• Pound a handful of neem leaves into a fine paste
• Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the paste
• Apply a layer of the paste to the perianal abscess
• Keep it on for about 30 minutes
• Rinse it off and apply a fresh coat of the paste
• Do this throughout the day for the perianal abscess treatment at home
Benefits of using Neem
The topical application of the paste helps in soothing the burning sensations, pain, and inflammation of the perianal abscess. Smearing the abscess with neem and coconut oil paste repairs the injured tissues and cures the cavities by draining out the pus and mucus and restores the skin to health. This remedy is useful for the natural cure of perianal abscess baby. It is one of the most excellent perianal abscess home treatment remedies.
Conduct a patch test to make sure that your skin is not sensitive to it. Use freshly plucked neem leaves and pure coconut oil for making the paste.
3.Use Essential Oils for perianal abscess treatment at home
How to implement perianal abscess home treatment by using lavender essential oil?
Lavender essential oil is highly beneficial for the natural treatment of perianal abscess fistula and fissures.
How to use?
• Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a tablespoon of coconut oil to prepare an oil mixture
• Soak a cotton ball in the oil mixture
• Dab the perianal abscess with the oiled cotton
• Rinse the rectal region with cold water
• Do this throughout the day to cure perianal abscess with perianal abscess treatment at home
Benefits of using lavender essential oil
Lavender essential oil is antiseptic and antibacterial. When combined with coconut oil the mixture becomes very powerful in combating bacterial infection and inflammation of the rectal region. The analgesic properties work to soothe the pain and burning sensation of the perianal abscess.
Dilute the lavender essential oil with coconut oil before applying it to the skin. Conduct a patch test to test the sensitivity of the skin to it.
4.Use home remedies for perianal abscess treatment
How to implement perianal abscess home treatment by using baking soda paste?
Baking soda is a simple way of how to get rid of perianal abscess fistula and fissure.
How to use?
• Add a teaspoon each of salt and baking soda to a few tablespoons of water to form a paste
• Smear a layer of the paste to the perianal abscess fistula
• Rinse the paste off after about half an hour
• Apply a fresh coat of the baking soda, salt, and water paste
• Do this throughout the day for the perianal abscess to heal
Benefits of using baking soda
Baking soda helps in the shedding of the skin and treats the abscess by draining out the pus.
How to use an Epsom salt for perianal abscess drainage and perianal abscess fistula?
An Epsom salt is highly beneficial for the perianal abscess home treatment.
How to use?
• Fill the bathtub with lukewarm water
• Pour a cup of fresh Epsom salt into the water
• Soak the perianal abscess in the tub
• Gently rub the abscess with the salt water while in the bath
• Do this daily for about 15-20 minutes for perianal abscess home treatment
Benefits of using Epsom salt
The hot water helps in perianal abscess drainage and soothes the pain of the rectum. Rubbing the abscess with the Epsom salt water makes the pus ooze out of it and thereby helps in the drying up of the rectal fissure. It also helps to cure the inflammation of the affected area.
Scrub the area very gently so that your skin does not get bruised with the salt.
How to prevent perianal abscess?
• Practice good hygiene and cleanliness. Keep your genital area clean and sanitized throughout the day
• Do not leave any cuts or injuries on your skin unattended. Clean the wounds and cover them with sterile bandages to prevent the spread of infection
• Stick to a healthy diet and do regular exercise to prevent the occurrence of genital ulcers and perianal abscesses
An abscess in the rectal region can be very painful, but the ways of perianal abscess treatment at home are simple and efficient. Follow through with a combination of multiple home remedies to cure the abscess, heal the anus, alleviate the pain and get away with the infection completely.
The home remedies are marvelously effective and get prepared with ingredients that are readily available in the kitchen. Administration of the home remedies of treating perianal abscesses helps in the quick healing of the rectal area and makes the skin glow with health and nourishment.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is perianal abscess cancerous?
A Perianal abscess is not cancerous.
2. How long does it take to get cured?
The pain gets cured within a few days, and the abscess gets healed in a week or two.
3. Can a perianal abscess bleed?
Usually, a perianal abscess does not bleed but secretes pus and fluids. If it does, then you should immediately visit the physician.