Summer holidays are fun but burn blisters on the skin caused by severe sunburn are not. Cooking is fun, but an accidental burn blister on a finger is not.
If you are wondering on how to treat a burn blister and a minor burn, then read on to find out about some simple home remedies that will heal the skin in no time. But first, you must know what burn blister is.
A burn blister is a skin bump filled with pus or fluid. They appear on the skin as a result of first-degree burns caused by coming in physical contact with hot objects and high heat.
When the burn blisters rupture, the fluid flows out leaving a scab behind on the skin. Few causes of burn blisters include scalding of the skin from touching hot objects, chemical burn, electrical burn, burn caused by touching flames and fires, and excessive exposure to the Sun. Their symptoms include redness of the skin, inflammation of the affected area, etc.
Natural Remedies to Treat a Burn Blister
Top 5 Excellent Ways on How to Treat a Burn Blister
1. How to treat a burn blister with foods?
The application of raw potatoes on the skin is incredibly beneficial for the remedy of oral infected burn blister. It is one of the best home remedies for the cure of burn blisters inside and around the mouth.
How to use?
- Rinse and peel an average-sized potato
- Use a shredder to shred the raw potato and keep the shavings aside
- Smear the burn blisters inside and outside the mouth with the juicy potato shavings
- Rinse the skin after about half an hour
- Do this as many times as you can throughout the day for the burn blisters to heal
Benefits of using potatoes
The juice of raw potatoes is incredibly useful for the natural treatment of first degree burns and blisters. The topical application of the juice helps in soothing the pain and inflammation of the skin.
The juice aids in draining out the burn blister fluid thereby accelerating the healing process.
Make sure that the potato is fresh before applying its juice on the skin.
Foods to Eat
The following foods should be a part of your daily diet for the health and beauty of your skin.
- Black beans
- Dark chocolate
Foods to Avoid
The following foods are unhealthy for your skin. Avoid them to keep dermatological diseases at bay.
- Sugary beverages
- White bread
- Processed fruit juice
- Margarine and other fake butter
- Fries and chips
- Processed meat
- Fast foods
- Caffeinated drinks
2. How to treat a burn blister with Herbal Treatment?
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is one of the most effective and soothing home remedies for the natural cure of firstdegreeburn blister on finger caused by physical contact with hot objects, or excessive friction. The application of the gel is especially good for how to treat a burn blister on the sensitive baby skin.
How to use?
- Cut an Aloe Vera leaf to extract the gel
- Add a teaspoon each of powdered turmeric and rose water with the gel to make a paste
- Apply the paste to the burn blisters on the skin
- Leave it on the skin for about 15-20 minutes
- Rinse your skin with cold water
- Do the same every alternate hour for how to treat a burn blister
Benefits of using Aloe Vera
The topical application of the gel helps in soothing the redness, pain, and inflammation of the burn blisters. Smearing the blisters with Aloe Vera gel repairs the injured tissues, cures the first degree burns, and makes the fluid-filled burn blisters to heal the skin in no time.
Conduct a patch test by applying a tiny amount of Aloe Vera gel in an unaffected area of the skin to ensure that your skin is not allergic to it.
3. How to treat a burn blister with Essential Oil?
Tea tree oil
Tea tree essential oil is highly beneficial for the natural treatment of first-degree burn blister and second degree burn blister.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of tea tree essential oil to a cup of cold water to prepare a mixture
- Soak a sterile gauze in the mixture and wrap the soaked gauze around the burn blisters
- Rinse the affected areas of the skin with cold water
- Do this dailyto treat a burn blister
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
The antiseptic nature of tea tree essential oil is highly beneficial for the cure of burn blisters on the skin. The analgesic properties of the tea tree essential oil help in the disappearance of scars and blisters on the skin surface.
Dilute the tea tree essential oil with cold water before applying it on the skin. Conduct a patch test to test the sensitivity of the skin to it.
4. How to treat a burn blister with Home Remedies?
Coconut oil is one of the best home remedies of burn blisters triggered by friction and infection. It is also useful for the natural treatment of burn blister on a finger and oral burn blisters such as burnblister on lip, tongue burn blister, and burn blister in the mouth.
How to use?
- Take a few tablespoons of coconut oil in a dish
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to the coconut oil to make a paste
- Apply the mixture to the blisters
- Rinse your skin after about an hour
- Do this every alternate hour for how to treat a burn blister
Benefits of using coconut oil
Coconut oil is a fantastic home remedy for the natural treatment of minor burns and blisters. The oil is rich in essential fatty acids like acrylic acid, meristic acid, auric acid and vitamin E that heal the skin and cure the blisters. Coconut oil also has potent antibacterial and antioxidant nature that inhibits bacterial action and fights against oxidative stress.
Do not use coconut oil mixed with chemicals and additives. Make sure that your skin is not allergic to coconut oil before applying it to the affected areas.
5. How to treat a burn blister with Natural Remedies?
The application of the cold compress to the affected areas of the skin is highly beneficial for soothing and curing the burn blisters.
How to use?
- Refrigerate distilled water in a sterilized ice-tray to make the ice cubes
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a sterile gauze to prepare the cold compress
- Apply the cold compress to the burn blister on a finger, on second-degree burn blister, on tongue burn blister, and on an infected burn blister
- Rinse the affected areas with cold water
- Do this in every alternate hour to promote burn blister healing
Benefits of using a cold compress
A cold compress helps in soothing the burning sensation and pain of the burn blisters. The compress cures the minor burns and heals the skin as well.
Do not apply the ice directly to the skin surface as it might cause blood clots beneath the skin by restricting the flow of blood.
How to prevent burn blisters?
- Apply sunscreen lotion to your skin before going out in the sun to avoid sunburns
- Handle hot objects with the utmost care
A burn blister can be very painful, but the methods of how to treat a burn blister are incredibly simple. Follow through with a combination of multiple home remedies to cure the burn, heal the blisters, soothe the pain and get the scars away from the skin.
The home remedies are marvelously effective. You can prepare these home remedies with ingredients that are readily available in the kitchen. Administration of the home remedies of curing burn blisters help in the quick healing of the burn blisters and make the skin glow with health and nourishment.