Inflammation can be both acute and chronic based on its cause. Supplements like Boswellia, Cat’s claw, and Alpha-Lipoic Acid are generally used to treat inflammation.
Are you popping in pain-killers and trying everything that you can do to drive out the painful symptoms, but all in vain? Natural supplements for inflammation can work wonders for the cure. Acute inflammation is a common problem that had affected almost 60% of the population in the US in 2014. It is the damage of tissues that results in chronic inflammation which lasts for months or even years. If you are suffering from chronic or mild inflammation, then try the supplements right now along with nutritious foods for the cure.
Best Supplements for Inflammation
Curcumin is a remarkably effective antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound. The spice turmeric contains curcumin, which is highly essential for the cure of inflammation. The antioxidant property of curcumin inhibits oxidative stress caused by toxic free radicals, which leads to the treatment of inflammation. The anti-inflammatory nature of curcumin reduces the pain and burning sensation by alleviating the external and internal inflammation. The consumption of curcumin supplements can also aid in the natural treatment of post-surgical inflammation and infection.
- You can consume curcumin supplements in the form of capsules and tablets that are readily available in local pharmacies and online drug stores.
- You can try sprinkling your favorite dishes powdered turmeric for the cure of inflammation.
- The recommended dosage for curcumin is about 136 milligrams. If you choose to take curcumin through food, then a tablespoon of turmeric powder every day is sufficient for the cure.
[Read: Turmeric to Reduce Inflammation]
2. Vitamin A
One of the best ways of treatment is the administration of vitamins for inflammation. Taking vitamin A through supplements and food is an excellent approach for the cure of internal and external inflammation and soreness.
Vitamin A is a potent antioxidant that can prevent and cure oxidative stress and inflammation by the destruction of harmful free radicals in the body.
- You can take vitamin A in the form of food and supplements that are available in the form of capsules. Boost the level of vitamin A in the body to treat inflammation. Eat fresh green veggies like broccoli, dandelion, carrots, spinach, kale, cantaloupe, collard greens, and sweet potatoes.
- A dosage of 10,000 IU daily for about a couple of weeks can heal the inflammation.
Taking zinc(1) supplements is incredibly beneficial for the cure of lower systemic inflammation of the heart. It preserves the health of the cardiovascular system and is the best cure for cardiac inflammation.
Zinc is one of the most effective supplements for inflammation. Maintain an adequate level of zinc in the body to inhibit the inflammatory process and accelerate recovery from post-surgical inflammation.
- You should take zinc supplements to boost the immune system by stimulating the generation of antibodies and fighting against pathogenic infections.
- The recommended dosage of zinc for adults is about 8 milligrams per day.
- Taking 15-30 milligrams of zinc daily in the form of supplements and through food can help in the natural treatment of inflammation.
4. Probiotics for Inflammation
The administration of probiotics for inflammation can heal the soreness and burning sensation in no time. Probiotics can help in the cure of chronic inflammation by balancing the level of intestinal flora in the digestive tract.
If you have chronic inflammatory arthritis, then you should take probiotics in the form of food and supplements. Probiotics help in the inhibition of C-reactive protein compounds, one of the common triggers of inflammation.
- Take probiotics in the form of food and supplements to cure inflammation. Some of the best probiotic foods include yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, tempeh, kimchi, miso, kombucha, buttermilk, and more.
- A million or billion units of colony-forming good bacteria are suitable for the cure of inflammation
5. Vitamin C for Inflammation
You can take supplements and foods rich in vitamin C(2) for inflammation treatment at home. Research says that a high level of vitamin C in the blood can reduce the risks of inflammation by about 45%.
Vitamin C is excellent for the cure of inflammation of the skin. It helps in reducing inflammation that occurs due to keratosis pilaris and induces the formation of new skin cells and collagen.
- You can take vitamin C in the form of food and supplements to cure inflammation. Some of the best foods that are rich sources of vitamin C include citrus fruits, guavas, bell peppers, kiwi fruits, strawberries, papaya, broccoli, tomatoes, and more.
- If you seek to recover from inflammatory reactions of injury and surgery, then take 1-2 grams of vitamin C supplements daily for the cure.
6. Fish oil for Inflammation
Taking supplements of fish oil for inflammation is an excellent way to cure the pain and burning sensation. Fish oil contains essential omega-3 fatty acids such as EPA and DHA, which are excellent for the cure of pain, swelling, and inflammation. The consumption of fish oil is highly effective in the cure of inflammation in the tissues and blood.
- Fish oil is available in the form of tablets, pills, capsules, and supplements.
- The recommended dosage for fish oil is about 3-9 grams every day.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies For Inflammation]
Pineapple juice has an enzyme known as Bromelain(3) that is remarkably effective for the treatment of inflammation. Bromelain is rich in potent anti-inflammatory compounds that can cure the soreness and reduce edema.
If you are suffering from tissue inflammation and injury, then you can take Bromelain for the cure of redness, swelling, and tenderness. It is an excellent home remedy for intestinal ulcers.
- Drinking fresh pineapple juice is an excellent way to consume Bromelain. You can also try bromelain supplements in the form of tablets and capsules for the cure of inflammation.
- About 90g of Bromelain is suitable for the treatment of internal and external inflammation.
You will be amazed by the incredible effectiveness of the natural and potent supplements for inflammation. They can heal the inflammation, drive out the burning sensation, and give you relief from the swelling, redness, and pain. The best way to treat inflammatory reactions is to follow a balanced diet of nutritious food and supplements. Practice freehand exercise, jogging or walking daily for the prevention of arthritis.
1. What Other Home Remedies Can You Use for Inflammation?
The administration of home remedies is remarkably effective for the natural treatment of inflammation. Some of the most useful home remedies include the consumption of ginger, pineapple juice, green tea, herbs, fish oil, nuts and fruits, and other anti-inflammatory foods.
2. How Is Copper Supplement Helpful in Treating Inflammation?
You can take 2-4mg of copper in the form of supplementary capsules and tablets to heal inflammations induced by injuries. The copper supplement is especially useful for the cure of inflammatory arthritis. You can also take copper supplements for the natural treatment of skin inflammation.
3. Does Fish Oil Supplement Possess Anti-Inflammatory Properties?
Fish oil supplement is rich in healthy fatty acids which accelerates the recovery from inflammation. Take fish oil supplements to cure the pain, swelling, and inflammation of arthritis.