Are there voices in your ears? Well, you are not really in communication with aliens from another planet. The constant ringing and buzzing in ears is a health condition that gets medically termed as tinnitus. Read on to find out about the different ways and methods of how to stop ear ringing right here.
5 Ways to Stop Ear Ringing
What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus(1) is a medical condition in which the person hears a consistent ringing and buzzing noise in the ears even in the absence of external sources of sound. The infliction of damage or injury causes tinnitus to the ears which disrupts the direction and flow of blood that goes to and fro in the head and ears. The home remedies of how to stop ear ringing aim at the treatment and cure of the underlying causes and symptoms of tinnitus.
What Causes Ringing in the Ears?
Some of the causes of the ringing in the ears are as enlisted below.
- Damage of the blood vessels in and around the ears
- Rupture and deterioration of the eardrum
- The rise in the level of blood pressure or hypertension
- Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland
- Presence of tumors in the neck and head
- Clogging of arteries in and around the inner ear and middle ear
What Are the Different Tinnitus Symptoms?
Some of the symptoms of tinnitus are as follows.
- Thumping and buzzing sound in the ears
- Palpitations and increased rate of heartbeat
- Lightheaded feeling
Top 5 Marvelous Methods of How to Stop Ear Ringing
CURE 1: Foods
Wondering how to stop ear ringing with the help of foods? The administration of pungent onion juice is incredibly useful in curing the humming noise in ears or tinnitus.
How to use?
- Cut an average-sized and juicy onion into tiny pieces
- Heat the onion pieces in a microwave for a few minutes
- Let the parts cool down and then extract out the onion juice
- Use a glass dropper to drip 2-3 drops of onion juice in the affected ear
- Let the liquid stay in your ears for about 5-6 minutes
- Tilt your head to the side opposite to the side of the affected ear to let the juice trickle out of your ears
- Do this for nearly thrice or four times a week for the cure of tinnitus
Benefits of using onions
Onion juice is vested with antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. The application of onion juice helps in the natural treatment of ear infection. It helps in repairing the eardrum and healing any injury to the ears. It can cure tinnitus in a week or so.
Foods to eat
Eat the following foods and keep yourself well hydrated for the permanent cure of chronic nosebleeds and associated symptoms.
- Lean poultry meat
- Egg whites
- Leafy green vegetables
- Ginger infusion
- Soy products
- Whole grain cereals
Foods to avoid
Avoid the following foods to prevent nosebleeds
- Sugary drinks
- Salty foods
- Full fat milk
- Oily food
- Fast foods
[ Read: Home Remedies for Clogged Ear ]
CURE 2: Herbal Remedies
The administration of basil leaf is a fantastic home remedy for the natural treatment of tinnitus or ringing in the left ear or both.
How to use it?
- Pound a handful of freshly plucked and washed basil leaves to obtain all of its juice
- Apply the basil leaf juice all over your nasal passage and nostrils and on your nasal lining of the
- Use a glass dropper to drip two drops of the extracted basil juice in the infected ears
- Let the basil juice remain in your ears for a few minutes
- Tilt your head to one side and then again to the next side to let the basil juice trickle out of your ears
- Shake your head slightly to drain out the last drops of the basil juice
- Do this for about twice or thrice in a day on a daily basis for the cure of the ringing sound in the ears
Benefits of using basil
The antibacterial properties of basil can inhibit bacterial action and fight against infection and inflammation of the inner ear and middle ear. It helps in the repair of any injury to the tympanum. The phytochemical compounds contained in basil leaf can cure earache and pain in the eardrum. You can also drink basil tea or chew on basil leaves for the same effect.
Make sure that you are not allergic sensitive or allergic to the basil leaf juice.
CURE 3: Essential Oils
The lavender essential oil is one of the best essential oils for the cure of popping in ear and ringing noise in ears.
How to use it?
- Add two drops of lavender essential oil to a teaspoon of pure coconut oil to prepare an oil mixture
- Use your little finger to smear the outer part of the affected ears with the oil mixture
- Keep your head straight to prevent the trickling out of the oil mixture
- Rinse the outer part of your ear with lukewarm water to remove the oil mixture
- Do this on a regular basis for the cure of tinnitus or ringing sound in the ears
Benefits of using lavender essential oil
The lavender essential oil is beneficial for the natural treatment of ear ringing or tinnitus. The analgesic nature of lavender essential oil is useful for the alleviation of an earache, pain in the tympanum, and inflammation of the outer and inner year. The fragrance of the essential oil can also cure dizziness and vertigo and fight against the feeling of nausea and vomiting. The lavender essential oil can also help to induce drowsiness and sleep with its potent properties of aromatherapy. If your ear keeps popping or is too painful to let you sleep at night try a few drops of lavender essential oil according to this remedy.
Do not poke your finger too deep into the ears otherwise, the damage and infection of the listeners might get aggravated. Conduct a patch test by applying a small amount of lavender essential oil on an unaffected part of the skin to make sure that your skin is not sensitive to it. Dilute the essential oil before use.
CURE 4: Home Remedies
Apple Cider Vinegar
Want to know how to stop ear ringing with the help of vinegar. The use of warm and diluted apple cider vinegar solution is significantly useful for the natural cure of nosebleed.
How to use it?
- Blend 2 teaspoons each of organic honey and raw apple cider vinegar to prepare a mixture
- Stir in the mixture obtained from above into a cup of lukewarm water to develop a solution
- Drink this solution thrice in a day
- Do this on a daily basis for natural treatment of humming noise or pressure in the ears
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
The resolution of apple cider vinegar can get administered for the natural treatment of ear infection that is the underlying cause of the ringing sound or pressure felt in the ears. Drinking warm and diluted apple cider vinegar helps in the cure of inflammation in the ears and the antifungal nature of apple cider vinegar can inhibit fungal action and heal fungal infection of the inner ear and middle ear. Drinking the solution on a regular basis helps to cure dizziness, vertigo, loss of balance in the body as a result of ear infection and a ringing sound in the ears. It also helps in the maintenance of the alkaline balance in the body.
Do not drink undiluted apple cider vinegar and make sure that your digestive system is not sensitive to it.
CURE 5: Natural Treatments
How to stop ear ringing with the help of natural treatments is a very popularly searched question. The administration of lukewarm salt solution is incredibly useful for the treatment of ringing sound in the ears. This remedy is especially suitable for kids.
How to use it?
- Add half a teaspoon of common salt to a cup of lukewarm distilled water
- Stir well until a salt solution gets obtained
- Use a nasal spray bottle to spray the salt solution in your ears and nostrils
- The ringing sound will stop with almost immediate effect
Benefits of using a salt solution
The salt solution helps to prevent the ringing sound in the ears by clearing out the sinuses and nasal passage through the expulsion of mucus. The relief from sinus and nasal congestion aids in the treatment of the ringing sound in the ears.
Do not use overheated or saturated saltwater for this remedy.
How to Prevent Ringing in the Ears?
- Adhere to regular exercise
- Quit smoking and alcohol
- Limit your use of chemical medicines and drugs
- Do not listen to loud noise or music
Follow through with the natural remedies of how to stop ear ringing and keep the tips of prevention and cure in mind to preserve the health of your ears. If the symptoms persist or become worse, then do not hesitate to consult a physician.