You go to bed and surprisingly that irritating noise that you have been hearing has accompanied you to your bed. These experiences and episodes gradual increase hindering your daily routine and sleep pattern.
You may probably be suffering from tinnitus which creates the perception of ringing or noise in the ears or head. The famous Chinese treatment, acupuncture for tinnitus, can calm these humming or buzzing noises effectively to have a sound sleep once again.
A scientific study reports the prevalence of tinnitus among people which is very high, with 10% – 30% suffering from it(1).
American Tinnitus(2) Association conducted extensive research with findings suggesting 86% of tinnitus patients reported diminished enjoyment in life, 57% said work-related impairments and 69% complained about reduced social interaction.
Can Acupuncture Help to Cure Tinnitus?
Acupuncture therapy is an elective treatment which involves the puncturing of the skin with fine needles in various pieces of the body. It began in Ancient China and has been in use for the treatment of an assortment of diseases.
This treatment depends on the theory that the body is a pool of positive energy qi and that sickness and ailments are the aftereffects of irregular characteristics in the qi flow. Acupuncture therapy attempts to adjust the qi balance by distinctive invigorating regions, for example, the parts close to the ears.
There are two or three different ways in which acupuncture therapy is excellent for the natural treatment of tinnitus.
To begin with, acupuncture diminishes pressure. Stress changes the view of tinnitus, influencing the sound to seem more intense, and all the more irritating. Reducing the level of stress can decrease the effect of tinnitus on the cognizant faculties of the person.
Acupuncture for tinnitus therapy additionally recreates healthy circulation of blood. Irregular circulation of blood in the body leads to a decrease in the flow of blood to the ears, which adds to hearing incapability and then leads to tinnitus.
Improving the flow of blood to the ears with acupuncture therapy can ease tinnitus and enable you to lead a healthy life.
In contrast to traditional prescriptions, acupuncture therapy is a natural treatment that does not cause adverse reactions in the body. It is perfectly safe and painless and does not take long to uproot the disease and render you completely healthy.
Before you can comprehend the effect and procedure by which acupuncture for tinnitus works, it is critical to see precisely what acupuncture therapy is. Needle therapy is an elective medication to Western medicine.
It includes the utilization of needles, mugs, pressure, and other apparatuses of stimulation that are squeezed into the skin at assigned acupuncture points for tinnitus. These acupoints, when compressed upon, cause the redistribution of pressure and energy in the body thereby healing the ringing noise in the ears.
The objective of acupuncture therapy is to reestablish a feeling of harmony or balance in the body. Fundamentally, the target is to fix the inner parity lost when tinnitus affects the ears.
The manner of performing the treatment is through a progression of needle insertion into the body that works to expel pressure and heat from the ears and tympanums and reestablish the regularity that prompts the subsiding of ringing in the ears. It takes about 10-15 sessions of acupuncture for tinnitus for the complete treatment.
[Also Read: Effective Essential Oils for Tinnitus]
The Effectiveness of Acupuncture for Tinnitus
Acupuncture for tinnitus is a therapeutic practice that incorporates stimulating specific acupuncture points for tinnitus on the body to heal the disorder and treat the condition altogether. The fine needles puncture the topmost layer of the skin and work to stimulate the nervous and immune system.
Acupuncture specialists trust that every human being possesses a fundamental force of life which they refer to as “qi” or simply “energy.” It powers the numerous elements of the body. This flow of energy traverses along the various pathways of the body that the specialists recognize as “meridians.”
When there is an imbalance, disharmony or blockages in the pathway framework of energy, this imbalance manifests as diseases and body pain. The needles of acupuncture address these irregular health complications and re-establish a balance in the stream of energy to accelerate the recovery process.
Acupuncture Points for Tinnitus Treatment
The following acupuncture points for tinnitus are highly effective in the natural treatment of tinnitus.
- The first acupuncture point is right in front of the ears, next to the little prominence, the tragus. You can feel the slight depression by opening your mouth. This depression is the Small Intestine 19. Stimulation of this point can help to reduce the ringing noise in the ears.
- The second acupoint is over the tragus. It is the Triple Warmer 21 point.
- The third acupoint or the Triple Warmer 20 point is along the hairline on the top of the ears.
- The fourth point of acupuncture is on the ear bone. Follow this bone to feel a slight depression. This is the Gall Bladder 11 point.
- The fifth and last point of acupuncture is at the back of the ear lobes. This point is the Triple Warmer 17.
Stimulation of these points is incredibly useful for the holistic and natural treatment of tinnitus.
[ Read: Sound Therapy for Tinnitus ]
Health Benefits of Acupuncture for Tinnitus Treatment?
Acupuncture for tinnitus treatment helps to provide relief from all the painful signs and symptoms of tinnitus.
- The administration of the acupuncture needles acts upon the cochlea. The needles work on the contractile movement of external hair cells in the ears and quieten the persistent ringing noise effectively.
- The acupuncture therapy acts upon the functioning of the efferent olivocochlear framework for the suppression of the otoacoustic emissions — such a valid result in bringing down the constant ringing noise in the ears along with the earache.
- The acupuncture needles work to modify the chemistry of the cerebrum which is essential for the alleviation of the pain and noise in the ears. The therapy helps to increase the levels of neuropeptide Y and decrease the levels of serotonin.
- The treatment works to heal the inflammation of the ears, by stimulating the production of immunomodulatory and vascular agents which function to accelerate the recovery process.
- Acupuncture for tinnitus cure helps in the stimulation of localized micro-circulation of blood and qi which helps in the alleviation of swelling, pain, and ringing noise in the ears.
What to Expect at the Acupuncture for the Tinnitus Therapy Session?
You might get cold feet on the first day of your appointment, so buck up your courage, and check out what to expect at the acupuncture for a tinnitus treatment session.
- Initially, the acupuncturist will talk with the patient about the problem, pain, and other health complications along with the health objectives.
- At that point, the specialist will check the patient’s tongue and push on the vital organs to check whether there is anything perceptible that is causing an irregularity.
- The acupuncturist will utilize clean, dispensable, and fine needles and will put them along the explicit “meridians” on the body.
- The acupuncturist will now test for “pulse” on the body by delicately setting their fingers or hand on the shape of the patient to feel how the patient’s vitality is streaming. Redness can likewise happen around a needle site, and this is believed to be an indication that there is no balance of energy at this site.
- The needles will more often than not, remain in for a brief time-frame while the energy gets adjusted at the points.
- After the needles are expelled, the patient can approach their day and are generally informed to drink bounty regarding water with an end goal to enable the detoxifying to process.
[Also Read: Treat Ear Infection Naturally]
What not to Expect at the Acupuncture for Tinnitus Therapy Session?
Some patients attend the sessions of acupuncture for tinnitus therapy and expect instantaneous results.
However, the people who have previously sought acupuncture, have said that there was a delayed reaction in their body. The cure did not come in a split second but instead, developed after some time, improving slowly with each resulting session. Perseverance and patience are the keys to complete treatment when it comes to acupuncture for tinnitus.
Tips for Safe and Risk-Free Acupuncture Treatment for Tinnitus
The National Institute of Health considers acupuncture for tinnitus cure for being safe and painless at the hands of an accomplished, and professional specialist who uses sterile acupuncture needles for the treatment.
However, it is vital to go to an expert who is trained in acupuncture therapy and cautious about utilizing clean needles. Always remember that inappropriately performed acupuncture or potentially polluted needles can represent a significant health hazard.
[Also Read: Get Rid of Tinnitus Naturally]
Fortunately, the FDA directs the use of acupuncture needles as medicinal gadgets and necessitates that the needles be clean, nontoxic, and reserved for single use by qualified professionals. To date, there have not been many complexities detailed from the utilization of needle therapy, so the risk rate is believed to be extremely low. This low rate does not, however, imply that the risk is absent.
When it comes to how much acupuncture therapy is sufficient for acquiring the results, rules and guidelines are yet to be established. Needle therapy is generally prescribed as a complementary treatment strategy — as something to attempt along strategies, for example, non-intrusive treatment, exercise, and a stable eating regimen.
People suffering from a persistent ringing noise in the ears are seeking acupuncture therapy for tinnitus. A report in the Archives of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery journal reveals that in two investigations, about 30% of the patients experienced improvement in their tinnitus as opposed to about 10% of individuals who got a placebo.
Acupuncture is a safe and painless procedure of holistic and complete treatment. When it comes to silencing the constant noise in the ears, there is almost nothing more effective than acupuncture for tinnitus treatment. Embrace the natural methods and make your ears healthy again.