A little flatulence is normal, but an excessive buildup of gas in the stomach can be painful. It happens due to digestive disorders and results in bloating and stomach ache. If you are wondering on what to do for gas pain, then read on to find out the most amazing home remedies on how to get rid of gas pain right here.
Top 5 Ways to Get Rid of Gas Pain
What is gas pain?
Gas pain happens because of the excessive accumulation of gas in the stomach. The formation of gas occurs due to the bacterial fermentation of undigested carbohydrates in the small intestine. This gas gets expelled either by burps or flatulence, but the part of it that gets trapped results in the buildup of gas, severe gas pain in chest, bloating, intestinal gas pain, and stomach ache.
What are the causes of gas pain?
The different causes of excessive gas pain are listed below.
- Irregular bowel movement
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Lactose intolerance
- Presence of gallstones and kidney stones
- Lack of physical exercise
What are the symptoms of gas pain?
Some of the most visible gas pain symptoms are listed below.
- Involuntary or voluntary passing of gas or flatus
- Burping and belching
- Sharp abdominal cramps
Top 5 powerful remedies of how to get rid of gas pain
Follow through with the natural remedies elucidated below for the cure of mild to severe gas pain, bloating, and flatulence.
1. How to get rid of gas pain with the aid of foods?
Cure intestinal gas pain and abdominal gas pain with the use of buttermilk
Buttermilk is a highly effective and soothing home remedy for the cure of abdominal, intestinal, and bloating gas pain.
How to use?
- Fill a glass with slightly chilled buttermilk
- Grind a handful each of carom seeds and celery seeds into powder
- Add a teaspoon of the powdered mixture to the buttermilk
- You can also add a small piece of ginger and a teaspoon of rock salt to the buttermilk
- Drink the buttermilk once after lunch and another glass after dinner for relief from gas pain and indigestion
Benefits of using buttermilk
Drinking buttermilk helps in healthy digestion and can cure indigestion and acid reflux which are the primary causes of constant gas pain in the abdominal region. Buttermilk gets packed with probiotic microbes that can fight against stomach pain, acidity, and gas pain in chest as well.
Make sure that your digestive system does not react adversely to the buttermilk.
· Cure gas pain by using ginger
Ginger is good for the natural cure for excessive gas pain and abdominal cramps.
How to use?
- Chop a fresh chunk of ginger into tiny pieces
- Grind some of the pieces of ginger to extract the juice
- Boil a cup of water
- Add a teaspoon each of ginger pieces and ginger juice to the boiling water
- Keep boiling for a few minutes
- Strain out the ginger tea and add a teaspoon of honey to it
- Drink the ginger tea after breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Do this on a daily basis for the cure of gas pain
Benefits of using ginger
Ginger is known for its carminative properties which aid in the cure of gas pain and bloating. The tea can also be administered for the treatment of gas pain, belching, burping.
Make sure that the ginger is fresh and juicy and that your digestive system is not adversely affected by it.
Foods to Eat
The foods that you should eat for how to get rid of gas pain include:
- Yogurt and buttermilk
- Lean meat, fish, and eggs
- Green leafy vegetables
- Whole grains
- Nuts and seeds
Foods to avoid
Avoid the foods mentioned below for the prevention of excessive gas pain and flatulence.
- Junk food
- Tea and coffee
- Milk and other dairy products
- Oily food
- Chili pepper
- Fermented food
- Fatty foods
2. How to get rid of gas pain with herbal remedies?
Ease gas pain in shoulder and gas pain in upper back with fennel
Fennel is incredibly effective for the natural treatment of extreme gas pain in the shoulder, upper back, chest and other parts of the body.
How to use?
- Grind a handful of fennel seeds into powder
- Boil a cup of water
- Add two teaspoons of the fennel seed powder into the boiling water and keep boiling for a few minutes
- Strain out the tea and drink it hot after every meal especially if the meals are heavy
- Drink the tea thrice a day after breakfast, lunch, and dinner to feel relieved from gas pain
Benefits of using fennel
Fennel is an excellent carminative agent that is highly beneficial in the expulsion of unwanted gas that has gotten trapped in the digestive tract. Drink a glass of fennel tea after every meal or chew fennel seeds on an empty stomach every day to get relief from severe gas pain. Fennel tea can also get administered to infants for the treatment of colic pain and excessive burping.
Make sure that the fennel gets freshly ground and that your digestive system is not sensitive to it.
3. How to get rid of gas pain with essential oils?
Stop gas pain left side and gas pain right side with peppermint essential oil
Peppermint essential oil is one of the best essential oils for gas pain on any side and any part of the body.
How to use?
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to a glass of slightly chilled water
- Stir the water so that the essential oil gets thoroughly suffused in it
- Add a teaspoon of honey to the mixture
- Drink the mixture after lunch and dinner
- Do this on a daily basis for the cure of left side and right side gas pain
Benefits of using peppermint essential oil
Peppermint essential oil contains menthol that can provide instant and effective relief from excessive gas pain, bloating, constipation, abdominal cramps, and irritable bowel syndrome. You can also chew peppermint leaves or drink peppermint tea for the same effects. The minty flavor of peppermint essential oil can also help to refresh the feeling of acidity in your digestive tract and inside your mouth. You can also follow through with this remedy for the natural treatment of acid reflux, and how to get rid of gas pain in chest, and indigestion.
Make sure that your digestive system is not sensitive to the consumption of peppermint essential oil.
4. How to get rid of gas pain with home remedies?
Relieve intestinal gas pain with lemon juice and baking soda
A blend of lemon juice and baking soda is an ancient remedy for the dissipation of excessive gas trapped in the intestinal region.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of baking powder into a glass of lukewarm water to prepare a solution
- Slice a lemon in half and squeeze out the juice from one of the halved slices
- Stir in the freshly squeezed lemon juice into the baking soda solution
- Drink the lukewarm solution after every meal
- Do this every day for the unwanted gases to escape
Benefits of lemon juice and baking soda
Drinking baking soda helps in the natural cure of acid reflux as it is strongly alkaline. It is also very useful for the natural treatment of heartburn and digestive disorders which cause the trapping of gas in the intestinal tract and result in burping, flatulence, and excessive intestinal gas pain. The consumption of baking soda and lemon juice solution aids in the neutralization of the acidity and helps in how to get rid of gas pain almost instantly.
5. How to get rid of gas pain with natural treatments?
Cure pregnancy gas pain by using charcoal treatment
Charcoal treatment is an ancient, unique, and highly effective home remedy for the natural treatment of colic pain, pregnancy gas pain, and belching. Use it for how to get rid of gas pain effectively.
How to use?
- Activated charcoal is available in the form of tablets, powder, and capsules
- Take a tablet of activated charcoal of 500mg power at least 2 hours before a meal
- Take another tablet of activated charcoal of 500mg power at least 2 hours after a meal
- Drink two glasses of water after taking the tablet
- Do this on a periodic basis for relief from gas pain during pregnancy
Benefits of using charcoal treatment
Activated charcoal is known for its excellent capacity of adsorption. It can provide quick and effective relief from bloating, indigestion, and gas pain by the elimination of gases from the digestive system.
Do consult a physician before taking activated charcoal during pregnancy and do not take the tablet beyond the recommended or prescribed dosage.
Gas pain can be painful, but with the remedies mentioned above, you can easily get rid of them. Follow up with these treatments and remedies for how to get rid of gas pain but don’t forget to take proper precautions. Exclude the foods which exaggerate the situation and try to incorporate the natural and home remedies as they have no possible side effects. Rest, if the problem persists for a longer time, then consult your doctor immediately. Hope your search on how to get rid of gas pain ends here.