Everyone knows the importance of keratin for the body. It helps in the growth of the hair and makes the skin healthy. But what if its advantages start behaving like disadvantages. Yes, an excess of keratin can lead to Keratosis Pilaris. Read on to find out more about the dermatological disease and check out the list of fantastic natural remedies on how to get rid of keratosis pilaris.
Natural Ways to Natural Ways
What is keratosis pilaris?
Keratosis pilaris is an abnormal accumulation of keratin on the skin that causes inflammation of the skin and the appearance of the skin bumps.
What are keratosis pilaris causes?
- Cold and dry climate
- Dryness of skin
- Overuse of chemical cosmetics that plug the skin pores and cause abnormal accumulation of keratin
What are keratosis pilaris symptoms?
- The appearance of skin bumps on the cheeks, arms, butt-cheeks, thighs, and legs
- Development of rough patches on the skin
- The skin bumps and acne become painful when the humidity of the climate falls
Top 5 Excellent Home Remedies on How to Get Rid of Keratosis Pilaris
1. How to treat keratosis pilaris with foods?
By using milk cream and honey
The combination of honey and milk cream is one of the most effective natural remedies of keratosispilaris on the face, follicular keratosis, and keratosis pilaris itch.
How to use?
- Add a tablespoon of honey to 3-4 tablespoons of fresh milk cream and mix well to make a paste
- Smear the paste all over the face and the rough and itchy patches of the skin
- Rinse the paste off after about half an hour
- Do this twice daily
Benefits of using honey and milk cream
Honey is known for its antimicrobial properties. Fresh milk cream is humectant in nature. The blend of milk cream and honey syrup is a wonderfully nutritious and moisturizing combination that hydrates the skin, cures the itchiness, alleviates the pain, and heals the skin remarkably.
Make sure that the honey is raw and the milk cream is fresh. Do not apply processed honey syrup or stale milk cream on the skin.
Foods to eat
You should eat the foods listed below, for the maintenance of the health and beauty of the skin and the home treatment of keratosis pilaris.
- Fresh milk, milk cream, cheese, and yogurt
- Fish, meat, and poultry eggs
- Cereals and whole grains
- Fresh leafy green vegetables and seasonal fruits
Foods to avoid
You should avoid eating the foods listed below as they may increase the damage on your skin.
- Junk food
- Oily and fatty food
- Sugary foods beverages
- Carbonated drinks
- Spicy foods
- Processed fruit juices
2. How to get rid of keratosis pilaris with Herbal Remedies?
By using Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a very soothing home treatment for the cure of keratosis pilaris on the face and other parts of the body. It is especially good for the alleviation of itchiness and roughness of skin.
How to use?
- Slice a fresh Aloe Vera leaf to extract its gel
- Mix a few drops of vitamin E oil with the gel with gentle stirring to make a paste
- Smear your face and other parts of the body that are affected with keratosis pilaris itch
- Keep it on for about half an hour
- Rinse your skin with rose water, mixed with plain water
- Do this twice daily for the cure of keratosis pilaris
Benefits of using Aloe Vera
The topical application of the gel helps in soothing the skin. It cures the pain, hydrates the rough and scaly patches, alleviates the inflammation and infection, nourishes the skin surface, and restores the skin to health. The gel also helps in the elimination of skin bumps, pimples, and blisters.
Conduct a patch test by applying a tiny amount of Aloe Vera gel in an unaffected area of the skin to ensure that your skin is not allergic to it.
3.How to use essential oils for keratosis pilaris on arms, and follicular hyperkeratosis?
By using tea tree oil
Do you know how to get rid of keratosis pilaris with tea tree essential oil?It is highly effective for the home treatment of keratosis pilaris on arms, legs, and on the scalp.
How to use?
- Blend a teaspoon of tea tree essential oil with two tablespoons of jojoba oil
- Massage your arms, legs, and scalp with the oil mixture before going to bed at night
- Rinse your skin with water in the next morning
- Do this daily
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
Massaging the skin with diluted tea tree essential oil helps to relieve the pain and itchiness of the dry areas of the skin affected with keratosis pilaris. Topical application of the oil mixture on the scalp helps in the cure of follicular hyperkeratosis on the scalp and prevents the dryness and flakiness of the scalp by keeping it hydrated. The antioxidants present in tea tree essential oil can remedy the inflammation of the skin and cure oxidative stress.
Dilute the tea tree essential oil with jojoba oil before applying it to the skin. Conduct a patch test to test the sensitivity of the skin to it.
4.How to get rid of keratosis pilaris on buttocks and others with home remedies?
By using Coconut oil:
Wondering how to get rid of keratosis pilariswith coconut oil?Coconut oil is one of the most effective natural remedies of keratosis pilaris. It is especially beneficial for keratosis pilaris on back.
How to use?
- Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil
- Massage the affected areas on your butt cheeks and the back with warm coconut oil before going to bed at night
- Rinse your skin in the next morning
- Do this on a daily basis
Benefits of using coconut oil
The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of coconut oil make it remarkably useful for the home treatment of keratosis pilaris. The topical application of coconut oil cures the itchiness and inflammation of the skin. It moisturizes the rough patches of the skin and fights against dryness and blistering of the skin. Coconut oil also helps to nourish the skin and make it glow with health.
Do not use coconut oil that gets mixed with chemicals and additives. Make sure that your skin is not allergic to coconut oil before applying it to the affected areas.
5. How to treat keratosis pilaris on the legs and keratosis pilaris on the back with Natural Treatment?
With oatmeal baths
Soaking your body in an oatmeal bath is a highly effective method for how to get rid of keratosis pilaris on the arms, legs, back, buttocks, and other parts of the body.
How to use?
- Fill a bathtub with lukewarm water
- Pour two cups of freshly ground oatmeal into the water
- Soak your body in the warm water
- Scrub and massage the arms, legs, back, buttocks, and other affected parts of the body using the oatmeal powder while in the bath
- Do this on a daily basis for about 15-20 minutes for the home treatment of keratosis pilaris
Benefits of using oatmeal bath
Scrubbing the affected areas of the skin with the coarse oatmeal powder, aids in the exfoliation of the skin. The oatmeal helps in the sloughing off of dead skin cells and paves the way for the development of new and healthy skin cells. The warm water helps in the unclogging of skin pores and aids in the elimination of excessive keratin thereby curing keratosis pilaris.
Avoid scrubbing your skin with too much force that it gets bruised.
How to cure keratosis pilaris with other conventional remedies?
Try out these other remedies for how to get rid of keratosis pilaris too.
- Keep your skin well moisturized when the weather is cold and dry
- Do not use harsh chemical cosmetics
- Stick to the keratosis pilaris diet that consists of foods rich in vitamins A, E, and healthy fatty acids for the prevention and cure of keratosis pilaris
There are two key ways of maintaining the health and beauty of skin. The first is adherence to a healthy and balanced diet and the second is doing regular exercise. Do not attempt at poking, scratching, or picking at the keratosis pilaris. Try the home remedies on how to get rid of keratosis pilaris instead to cure the dermatological disorder in no time.