If the bumps and blemishes on your graceful arms are ruining your outfit and appearance, then you have come to the right place. Read on to find out more about this dermatological problems and start following through with the home remedies of how to get rid of bumps on arms right from today.
What Can Be Called As ‘Bumps On Arms’?
Medically termed as keratosis pilaris, little bumps on arms constitute a dermatological disease that is marked by the appearance of skin bumps and spots all over the arms, legs, thighs, and on the face as well. However, the skin bumps on arms and other parts of the body can be made to disappear by the administration and topical application of home remedies that are highly effective, quick, and efficient.
Why Do I Have These Bumps?
- The appearance of the small bumps on arms gets triggered by the buildup of the skin protein keratin on the surface of the skin that clogs the hair follicles and skin pores.
- The pimples and itchy bumps on arms can also appear due to the excessive secretion of sebum which blocks the skin pores and hair follicles on the epidermis
- Excessive use of chemical cosmetics can cause white bumps on arms.
- Exposure to the UV rays of the Sun
- Bumps on back of arms by vitamin deficiency
Why do I have Bumps on my Arms?
The bumps on your skin have appeared due to over-use of chemical cosmetics, exposure to dirt, oil, and pollutants, exposure to the high humidity of climate, and natural oiliness of the skin. All these conditions block the hair follicles and skin pores and trigger the appearance of red bumps on arms.
4 Natural Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Bumps On Arms
1. With Foods
How to cure dry skin bumps on arms by using honey and yogurt?
The blend of honey and yogurt is one of the most effective home remedies of dry skin bumps and red swollen bumps on arms. You can also use the mixture for the natural treatment of acne bumps on the chin.
How to use?
- Add two teaspoons of honey to 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt and blend well to make a paste
- Smear the paste all over the weird bumps on arms and the face
- Rinse the paste off after about half an hour with lukewarm water
- Do this twice daily for how to get rid of bumps on arms and face
Benefits of using Honey and Yogurt
Honey gets steeped with antimicrobial properties, and plain yogurt is incredibly nourishing for the skin. The blend is humectant and gently hydrating. The topical application of honey and yogurt hydrates the skin, cures the dryness, alleviates the swelling and pain, and makes the bumps on arms and face fade away in about a week.
Make sure that the honey is organic and the yogurt is plain and unadulterated. Do not apply processed honey on the skin.
Foods to eat
You should eat the foods given below for the health and beauty of the skin and the elimination of white itchy bumps on arms and legs.
- Milk and milk products like cheese, yogurt, milk cream, etc.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Fatty fish, eggs, and meat
- Gluten-free food
- Green tea
Foods to avoid
Avoid the food items enlisted below to make your skin glow with health and beauty and to keep the small red bumps on arms away.
- Junk food
- Oily food
- Sugary foods and drinks
- Carbonated drinks and sodas
- Spicy foods
- Canned fruit juices
2. With Herbal Treatment
How to treat small itchy bumps on arms and legs by using Aloe Vera?
The gel obtained from the Aloe Vera leaf can be applied to soothe the skin and make the small itchy bumps on my arms that look like pimples vanish in a week or two.
How to use?
- Cut a freshly plucked leaf of Aloe Vera to extract its gel
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the gel to make a paste
- Apply the gel to the parts of your arms and legs which are affected with small itchy bumps.
- Let it stay for about half an hour
- Rinse your arms and legs with lukewarm water
- Do this twice daily for the cure of small itchy dry skin bumps on arms and legs
Benefits of using Aloe Vera
Smearing the skin with the gel helps in soothing the itchiness and irritation. It alleviates the pain, moisturizes the dry skin, gets rid of excess sebum, unclogs the skin pores, cures the inflammation and infection, nourishes the skin surface, and rejuvenates the health and beauty of the skin.
Make sure that your skin is not allergic to Aloe Vera by applying a tiny amount of the gel on an unaffected part of the skin surface to test the sensitivity of the skin.
3. With Essential Oils
How to get rid of dry and itchy bumps on the back of arms by using tea tree essential oil?
Tea tree essential oil is one of the best essential oils for the natural treatment of small red and itchy bumps on the back of arms. You need to purchase Vitamin E oil capsules for the preparation of this remedy. The oil is easily available at local drug and cosmetic stores and is incredibly beneficial for the skin.
How to use?
- Blend 10-12 drops of tea tree essential oil with two tablespoons of vitamin-E oil
- Add a few tablespoons of coconut oil to increase the volume and nutritious content of the oil mixture
- Massage the back of your arms, elbows, legs, and face with the oil mixture before going to bed at night
- Rinse your skin with warm water in the next morning
- Do this on a daily basis for how to get rid of bumps on arms, legs, and face
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
The topical application of the diluted tea tree essential oil on the bumps on the back of arms aids relieving the pain, dryness, irritation, and itchiness of the small bumps on arms and other parts of the skin. Massaging the skin with the oil mixture helps to keep the skin hydrated and soft.
The antioxidants of tea tree essential oil can cure the inflammation of the skin, combat against oxidative stress, and treat the skin bumps on arms in no time. The Vitamin E oil helps to nourish the skin and make it glow with health and natural beauty. The rich level of essential fatty acids present in coconut oil fights against dryness and white itchy bumps on arms.
Dilute the tea tree essential oil with vitamin E oil and coconut oil before applying it to the skin. Conduct a patch test by applying a tiny amount of the oil mixture on an unaffected part of the skin to test the sensitivity of the skin for how to get rid of bumps on arms.
4. With Home Remedies
How to treat red swollen bumps on arms by using apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective home remedies for the natural cure of red swollen little bumps on arms.
How to use?
- Blend equal volume each of lukewarm water and apple cider vinegar to make a solution
- Rinse your arms with the lukewarm solution or use a soaked cloth to apply it to the bumps on arms
- Do this for about 15-20 minutes twice daily for the cure of red swollen small itchy bumps on arms
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
Rinsing the skin bumps on arms with the warm apple cider vinegar solution helps to inhibit the accumulation of keratin. The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar helps to unclog the skin pores which is highly beneficial for the alleviation of redness, pain, swelling, dryness, and itchiness of the red swollen bumps on the skin.
The anti-fungal and antibacterial nature of apple cider vinegar inhibits bacterial action and prevents the recurrence of skin bumps on arms.
Do not apply raw apple cider vinegar to the skin. Dilute it with the equal volume of water before use for how to get rid of bumps on arms.
How to prevent skin bumps on arms?
- Use gentle and herbal cosmetics on your skin
- Keep your skin moisturized throughout the year
The home remedies of how to get rid of bumps on arms are remarkably effective and nourishing for the skin. Follow through with the methods of natural treatments to soothe the irritation, itchiness, dryness, and pain of dry skin bumps on arms.