Like there were not enough spots to annoy us and our skin, here are Fordyce spots. Although these are a natural outcome of our body, any spots on your face or any other body part is uncomfortable and stresses you beyond imagination. You want to get rid of them as soon as possible. For every other spot it is not possible to run for medications or surgeries, so, here are a few natural remedies to how to get rid of Fordyce spots at home.
Do you want to know more about how to get rid of Fordyce spots? Continue reading!
What are Fordyce Spots?
A Fordyce spot is a yellowish or whitish bump which usually occurs on the corner of your lips, inside your cheeks or genital areas for both men and women. You may also know them by the names Fordyce glands or Fordyce granules. These are radically enlarged oil glands. They are entirely harmless, painless, and normal.
Around 80% of adults have Fordyce spots.
What Causes Fordyce Spots?
Fordyce spots are a natural occurrence. They are resent on your body even at your birth, however, at that time they are hardly visible. They come to appear clearly at the age of puberty due to the hormonal changes in your body.
What are the Symptoms of Fordyce Spots?
- Their color ranges from yellow to white
- If they develop in your genital area, the color be red
- As harmless they are, they usually affect your appearance and may also lower your confidence due to their weird visibility.
- Without any further delay, below are a few natural remedies which help you to get rid of Fordyce spots on your body.
How to Get Rid of Fordyce Spots with Natural Remedies?
1. How to Remove Fordyce Spots on the Lips with Garlic?
Use Garlic to Get rid of Fordyce Spots Itch
An increase in the garlic consumption in the body helps in the reduction of Fordyce spots.
How to use?
- Crush the cloves of garlic
- Blend them with water
- Add two tablespoons lemon juice (optional)to enhance the flavor of the blend
- Drink the same before and after having your meals
- You can consume three glasses of the same in a day
Benefits of garlic
Garlic decreases the volume of bacteria in the bloodstream. Garlic has abundant medicinal properties which help in the elimination of the Fordyce spots and maintains oral hygiene of your body.
Best foods for Fordyce Spots
These foods help to gain a natural radiance into the skin.
- Fresh fruit juices
- Coconut oil
- Apple cider vinegar
Foods to avoid
Oily and greasy foods may aggravate the condition. However, no studies as such have been done to consolidate the findings.
2. How to Get Rid of Fordyce Spots on Vagina with Herbal Treatment?
Use Aloe Vera Gel for Fordyce spots on Labia
Aloe Vera Gel is one of the best home remedies for Fordyce spots. It reduces the visibility of these spots on the skin and also nourishes your skin.
How to use?
- Add olive oil and honey to freshly scooped gel.
- Mix all the ingredients to make a blend
- Apply the blend on the affected areas and massage gently
- Let it stay there for a while and wash off with regular water
- You can repeat the same every night before you are off to bed
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has powerful antibacterial properties and reduces all kinds of spots from the body including Fordyce spots.
Do not massage harshly on your genital areas as they are sensitive and may cause rashes or burning sensation.
3. How to Treat Fordyce Spots on the Penis with Essential oil?
Use the Following Essential oil Blend to Get Rid of Fordyce spots on the Scrotum.
Essential oils work wonders for skin ailments and is a potent remedy for how to get rid of Fordyce spots.
- A few drops of cabreuva oil
- One tablespoon of scotch pine essential oil
- A few drops of benzoin oil
- One tablespoon of carrier oil like olive oil
- A few drops of tea tree oil
How to prepare the oil blend?
- Add all the oils in the same quantities as mentioned in a bowl
- Mix and apply the oil blend on the affected areas of your body
- Let it stay there for a couple of minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
- Clean with an antibacterial soap
- Repeat the same two times a week
Benefits of using oil Blend for Fordyce Spots
Benzoyl oils relieve soreness and dryness of the affected area of the body. Tea tree oil has abundant antibacterial properties which kill of all the microbes which may accumulate on the Fordyce spots and may lead to infection of these spots. These blended oils sterilize the affected area and defend it from getting infected and on the other hand help in healing the formation of scars due to these spots.
Always dilute these essential oils before applying them to your body. Do not go beyond the mentioned quantities. If the blend stings or causes burning, wash off immediately. Take a patch test before applying it to sensitive areas.
4. How to Get Rid of Fordyce Spots on Vulva with a Home Remedy?
Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Fordyce Spots
Apple cider vinegar is the mother of all home remedies for Fordyce spots, so, if you are searching for how to get rid of Fordyce spots, you have come to the right place. Apple cider vinegar is a practical home remedy in minimizing the appearance of these spots on the body. They eliminate the bacteria which accumulate on the spots and also balance out the production of sebum on the face.
How to use?
- Mix one tablespoon water and one tablespoon apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Dip the cotton ball in it and apply it on the affected areas of the skin
- Let it stay for ten minutes
- Wash off with warm water
- Repeat the same two times a week and not more
- You can also add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in cold water and drink it two times a day
Wash off the apple cider vinegar application in case it irritates the skin.
5. How to Remove Fordyce spots with Natural Treatment?
Jojoba and Argan oil Massages help in Treating Fordyce spots
If you are looking for how to get rid of Fordyce spots, you are going to love this oil massage.
How to use?
- Mix a few drops of argan oil and jojoba oil in a bowl to form a uniformed blend
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas of the body and massage gently
- Let it stay for about ten minutes
- Wash off with regular water
- Repeat the same three times a day
Benefits of the oil massage
Jojoba oil is known for its pore-tightening properties and is also a rich source of vitamin E. it helps in nourishing the affected area of the body and shrinks the enlarged pores of the skin. They control the production of sebum, and the oil gets absorbed on the surface quickly. Argan oil helps in rejuvenating the skin and retains the moisture of the skin. It is also known to balance the oil production in the skin which may increase due to enlarged oil glands.
- Do not massage the sensitive areas of the body harshly with these oils. Be gentle in motion.
- Other than these remedies as mentioned above, there are a few more home remedies which can be used to prevent Fordyce spots and reduce their visibility.
Other Natural Remedies for Fordyce spots
- Apply coconut oil and massage the affected areas of the body
- You can also apply buttermilk on the affected areas of the body with a cotton ball
Getting rid of Fordyce spots on the body is an easy job by using these home remedies and natural remedies. You can get rid of these spots quickly at home with ingredients coming right out of your kitchen. However, make sure you follow all the guidelines of the mentioned natural remedies and take all the necessary precautions while you are going forward with them.
Hope your search to how to get rid of Fordyce spots ends here.
Follow these natural remedies with accuracy and patience and get rid of these spots naturally.