Summers might sound fun, but the appearance of heat bumps triggered by the sweltering and humid heat of the Sun is not. If you are wondering on of how to get rid of heat bumps, then check out the fabulous home remedies that will work wonders on the heat bumps and cure them in no time.
What are Heat Bumps?
Heat bumps is a dermatological disease that is triggered by the humidity of hot summer weather. With the increase in moisture, the sweat on the outermost layer of the skin is not able to evaporate into the air. This sweat accumulates on the surface and clogs the skin pores thereby causing the appearance of heat bumps on the surface.
What Causes Heat Bumps?
The following factors induce the appearance of heat bumps.
- Prolonged exposure to the Sun
- High level of humidity of weather
- Protracted terms of bed rest
- Vigorous physical exercise that causes excessive sweating
What Do Heat Bumps Look Like?
Heat bumps appear on the skin in the form of blisters, skin bumps, and reddish rashes.
Top 5 Incredible Methods of How to Get Rid of Heat Bumps naturally at Home
Heat bumps on face, legs, and other parts of the body can easily get cured with the administration of home remedies of how to get rid of heat bumps. Follow through with the natural treatments elucidated below to heal the heat bumps in just a few days.
1. How to Get Rid of Heat Bumps with Foods?
How to Cure Heat Bumps on the Face by using Potato Juice?
Potato juice is a very soothing home remedy for the cure of heat bumps.
How to use?
- Grate an average-sized potato to extract its juice
- Smear the cooling potato juice all over the heat bumps on lips and heat bumps on forehead
- Rinse the juice off after about half an hour
- Do this thrice a day for the heat bumps on neck and heat bumps on hands to heal
Benefits of using potato juice
The soothing nature of potato juice helps in the alleviation of skin irritation and inflammation. Its emollient property makes potato juice especially useful for heat bumps on the baby.
Foods to eat
The foods that should be consumed to keep the skin healthy and prevent and cure heat bumps include-
- Green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits
- Meat, fish, and eggs
- Nuts and seeds
Foods to avoid
These foods aggravate the condition and delay the healing process.
- Junk food
- Spicy food
- Caffeinated beverages
- Oily food
- Sugary food
- Fermented food
2. How to Get Rid of Heat Bumps with Herbal Treatments?
How to cure Heat Bumps on Arms and Heat Bumps on Legs with Aloe Vera?
The gel obtained from aloe vera is an active cooling home remedy for the cure of heat bumps on back and heat bumps on the neck.
How to use?
- Smear a tablespoon of the gel all over the heat bumps on face and other parts of the body
- Rinse it off after about half an hour
- Do this twice a day for the heat bumps on lips and other parts of the body to heal
Benefits of using Aloe Vera
The cooling effect of the gel helps in the alleviation of inflammation and irritation of the skin. It is rich in vitamin E that nourishes the skin and cures the heat bumps and blisters in the week.
It is essential to ensure that the gel is fresh and pure. Do not use manufactured gel that contains harsh chemicals.
3. How to Get Rid of Heat Bumps with Essential Oils?
How to Treat Heat Bumps on Penis and other Genital Areas with the Help of Peppermint Essential oil?
Peppermint essential oil is one of the best essential oils for the cure of heat bumps in the genital area. It is especially useful for healing heat bumps on lips, heat bumps on forehead, heat bumps on arms and other parts of the body.
How to use?
- Blend a few drops of for peppermint essential oil with a tablespoon of olive oil
- Rub the oil mixture all over the heat bumps
- Rinse the area with water after about 20-30 minutes
- Do this thrice daily for the cure of heat bumps
Benefits of using Peppermint Essential oil
Peppermint essential oil contains menthol that cools the heat bumps. Its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties help in healing the inflammation and alleviating the pain.
Try a patch test to assess the sensitivity of skin to peppermint essential oil before applying it to the heat bumps.
4. How to Get Rid of Heat Bumps with Home Remedies?
How to Heal Heat Bumps on the Back and other Parts of the Body by Bathing Oatmeal Water?
Bathing in oatmeal water is very refreshing and calming for heat bumps.
How to use?
- Pour a cup of coarsely powdered oatmeal into a bathtub of lukewarm water
- Soak your body in the oatmeal bath for about 15-20 minutes
- Do this twice a day for the heat bumps to heal
Benefits of oatmeal baths
Oatmeal helps in mild exfoliation of the skin and cures the pain and inflammation of heat bumps.
Do not go harsh on yourself while scrubbing with the help of oatmeal. If you have sensitive skin, do a patch test beforehand to be sure.
5. How to Get Rid of Heat Bumps with Natural Treatments?
How to cure Heat Bumps using Ice Cubes?
The use of ice cubes is the most convenient remedy of heat bumps.
How to use?
- Wrap 3-4 ice cubes in sterile gauze and dab the heat bumps with it
- Do this in every 2-3 hours for the heat bumps to heal
Benefits of using Ice Cubes
The application of ice helps in curing the redness, swelling, and irritation of heat bumps.
Prepare the ice by using distilled water. Avoid this remedy if you are prone to catching colds.
How to Prevent Heat Bumps?
- Wear loose and cotton clothing during summer
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Do not wait for too long in the sun
Hope the remedies mentioned above will pose a satisfying answer to ‘how to get rid of heat bumps?’ Don’t let a couple of heat bumps ruin your summer. Take the necessary prevention measures and follow the natural remedies to cure them and look gorgeous.