It’s a sunny bright day, and you are gearing up to storm into the college fresher’s party, but what’s this on your lips? Is it a bug bite? No, it’s an unsightly fever blister raising its ugly head. Well, no worries. Several effective home remedies will make sure that you rule the roost at the party. Hence, check out the natural ways on how to get rid of fever blisters right here.
What are Fever Blisters?
Popularly referred to as a cold sore, a fever blister is a dermatological condition that is characterized by the appearance of swollen, reddish and fluid-filled lesions or blisters around the mouth, on the lips, etc. inside the mouth especially on the tongue, palate, and gums and other parts of the face. Fever blisters can be quite painful and are contagious. The blisters rupture after a few days and take10-14 days to heal on its own. But you can treat it more quickly, even in just a day with the administration of home remedies for fever blisters.
What Causes Fever Blisters?
For the administration of home remedies for how to get rid of fever blisters, it is essential to be aware of its cause. The primary cause for the breakout of oral herpes is either HSV-1 or HSV-2, triggered by the herpes virus.
- Direct physical contact with a patient or his belongings
- An injury caused to the skin can trigger the dormant virus to become active and infect
- A weakened immune system
What Are the Symptoms of Fever Blisters?
- The appearance of ulcers and lesions Inside and around the mouth and other areas of the face
- Painful sensations in the mouth, lips, and tongue
- Swelling of the lips and glands
- Soreness of throat
- Development of fever
- Occurrence dehydration, headaches, and nausea
Where Do Fever Blisters Come From?
The attack of the HSV-1 virus or the Herpes Simplex virus is responsible for the cause. The invasion of the virus not necessarily gets restricted to the oral region but can travel and infect other places especially the genital areas and cause genital herpes. The virus can even lie dormant and then get activated by external factors to attack the host and trigger the appearance of cankerous fever blisters.
Five Fabulous Home Remedies on How to Get Rid of Fever Blisters
The home remedies for how to get rid of fever blisters elucidated here are not only incredibly effective but can cure the blisters in a just a day or two. Follow through with the quick natural cures of fever blisters, combine them and administer in accordance to your choice for healing the cold sores in no time.
1. Foods That can Help with How to Get Rid of Fever Blisters
How to Heal Fever Blisters on Lips with Milk?
Fresh and pure milk is highly beneficial for how to treat fever blisters in mouth and lips.
How to use?
- Fill a cup with moderately cold milk
- Dip a cotton swab in it
- Dab the soaked cotton swabs on it with gentle pressure
- Do this in every alternate hour for the blisters to heal
Benefits of using Milk
Milk is known for its powerful antibacterial, antiviral and anti-ulcer properties. Topical application of cold milk soothes the pain, fights the microbial action, and accelerates the natural healing process.
How to Treat Fever Blisters on the Tongue with Honey?
Raw honey is a fantastic natural cure of fever blisters inside the mouth. Topical application of fresh and pure honey can heal the cold sores in no time. This treatment is one of the best home remedies for fever blisters kids.
How to use?
- Smear a thick layer of honey all over the fever blisters inside the mouth
- Rinse it off after about 10 minutes
- Do this in every 2-3 hours for the blisters to disappear
Benefits of using Honey
The antimicrobial nature of honey makes it remarkably effective for the quick cure of fever blisters on tongue and fever blisters inside the mouth. The application of honey heal the inflammation of the skin and soothes the pain and irritation of the cold sores.
Foods to Eat
Foods that you should eat to soothe and cure the fever blisters inside the mouth, on the lips and other areas of the face include
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
Foods to Avoid
These foods aggravate the condition. Hence it is better to prevent it.
- Caffeinated beverages
- Hot drinks
- Spicy foods
2. Treat Fever Blisters with Herbal Treatments
How to Cure Fever Blisters on the Nose with Licorice Roots?
You can achieve a quick cure of fever blisters with the application of powdered licorice roots. If you are wondering on how to treat the fever blisters on face, then make use of a pinch of licorice root powder.
How to use?
- Prepare a smooth paste by adding a teaspoon of powdered licorice powder to half a tablespoon of petroleum jelly.
- Smear the paste all over the fever blisters on face
- Rinse it off after about half an hour
- Do this in every few hours to heal the fever blisters fast
Benefits of using Licorice Root
The weak acid called glycyrrhizic acid present in licorice root works like magic to inhibit the infection, combat against the viral action, and control the spreading of the fever blisters.
This home remedy must not be used for fever blisters inside the mouth as petroleum jelly is inedible.
3. Use Essential Oils for Treatment of Fever Blisters
How to Get Rid of Fever Blisters on the Face by using Eucalyptus Essential oil?
Eucalyptus essential oil is one of the most effective essential oils for fever blisters.
How to use?
- Mix a teaspoon of eucalyptus essential oil with two tablespoons of coconut oil
- Soak a cotton ball in the oil mixture
- Dab the oily cotton to the fever blisters on face
- Do this thrice a day for the fever blisters to heal
Benefits of using Eucalyptus Essential oil
The antiviral nature of eucalyptus essential oil is highly beneficial for the demolition and eradication of the HSV virus. Topical application of eucalyptus essential oil can heal the fever blisters and alleviate the pain effectively and quickly.
Make sure that the eucalyptus essential oil gets diluted with a carrier oil before applying it to the skin. Conduct a patch test before using it on the ulcers. If your skin becomes allergic to the eucalyptus essential oil, then do not go through with this remedy.
4. Home Remedies for Fever Blisters
How to Treat Fever Blisters on Nose and Others with Apple cider vinegar?
The topical application diluted apple cider vinegar can heal the blisters very fast. It is even useful for fever blisters on the face.
How to use?
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with two tablespoons water
- Dip a cotton swab in the solution
- Dab the soaked cotton to the fever blisters on the face with slight pressure
- Do this twice or thrice a day for the fever blisters to heal
Benefits of using Apple Cider Vinegar
The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar makes it a remarkable agent for antimicrobial action. It exterminates the HSV virus and quickly cures the cold sores.
Make sure that you dilute the apple cider vinegar before applying it to the skin otherwise its acidic nature might destroy the surface of the skin.
5. Natural Treatments for Removing Fever Blisters
How to Prevent Fever Blisters on Lips by using Ice Cubes?
Wondering how to get rid of fever blisters with an ice cube? Well, it not only soothes but also cures it. An ice cube is the simplest way of treating the fever blisters inside the mouth, and fever blisters on nose and face.
How to use?
- Take an ice cube and rub the fever blisters with slight pressure
- Do this in every alternate hour for the fever blisters to vanish
Benefits of using Ice
Scrubbing the cold sores with ice helps in draining out the fluid and healing the ruptured blisters.
How to Prevent Fever Blisters?
- Keep your immune system strong by sticking to the healthy diet and regular exercising
- Avoid coming in direct contact with persons suffering from herpes to prevent the transmission of the virus
So, by now, the fever and its related issues to finding good remedies to cure fever blisters would have subsided. If not, then go ahead and practice some of them to see for yourself for soothing relief. Instead of popping toxic pain-killers or applying harsh chemical ointments, try the home remedies on how to get rid of fever blisters to get rid of the painful lesions naturally and effectively.