Can you remember the time you got your hand stuck in a door frame? A painful and ugly bump developed on your skin from this unfortunate accident. You may refer to them to blood blisters. Usually, they heal on their own, but if they do not, here is how to get rid of a blood blister naturally.
What is a Blood Blister?
A blood blister is a fleshy, red bump which is the result of the damage which affects the skin’s lowest derma layer. It contains a clear fluid with blood alongside. In the case of friction or intense pressure, this pocket gets filled with clear liquid, and then turns deeper. You can find these blood blisters in mouth, fingers, toes, hands, etc.
What Causes Blood Blisters?
- Pinching of the skin
- Intense pressure on the skin
- Burning or scalding
- Chemical reactions
How Long Does a Blood Blister Last?
On a rational basis, a blood blister lasts for about two weeks, however, if you do not see a reduction in the size of the blisters, go for these remedies.
Here is a list of remedies if you want to know how to get rid of a blood blister.
How To Get Rid of a Blood Blister Naturally?
1. How to Treat a Blood Blister on the Finger with Foods that Help?
Use Turmeric to Get Rid of a Blood Blister on the Toe
Turmeric is a fantastic antiseptic agent and an excellent cure for numerous ailments related to the body.
Benefits of turmeric: It improves the healing process of the blisters and helps in healing of the wounds quickly. It is antibacterial and thus, prevents the blister from catching an infection.
How to use?
- Add honey to turmeric powder
- Mix them to make a thick paste
- Apply the blend on the blood blister
- Let it stay for about half an hour
- Wash off with cold water
- Repeat the same three times a day
Best foods to eat:
The high-fiber content in these foods enhances the blood circulation in the body.
- Whole grain bread
Foods to Avoid
These foods are known to enhance irritation in the skin.
- Acidic fruits
- Spicy foods
2. How to Heal a Blood Blister on the Lip with Herbal Treatment?
Use Green Tea Bag for Blood Blister on the Tongue
Green tea is rich in antioxidants and has impressive antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Benefits of green tea
It guards the blisters against infections and fastens the healing process of the blisters. It enhances the blood circulation of the body, making the blister to swell down easily.
How to use?
- Take a green tea which is warm and place it on the affected area
- Let it stay for a few minutes
- Continue to do the same for as many times as you can in the entire day
- If you want to get rid of blisters inside your mouth, you can even consume green tea.
Make sure the tea is warm and not extremely hot.
3. How to Get Rid of a Blood Blister Under the Nail with Essential oil?
Use Lavender Essential oil to Treat a Blood Blister Under the Skin
Lavender essential oil is an excellent choice if you are searching for how to get rid of a blood blister.
Benefits of lavender essential oil: Lavender oil alleviates the pain of the blister and incredibly fastens the process of healing of the blood blister and other skin ailments.
How to use?
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to carrier oil
- Mix the oils well to form a blend
- Apply the blend of oils on the affected area
- Secure it with a gauze
- Let it rest for an hour
- Repeat the same process two times a day until the blister heals
Always dilute the essential oils before using.
4. How to Get Rid of a Blood Blister Inside Cheek with a Home Remedy?
Use Apple Cider Vinegar to treat Blood Blister on the Scrotum
Apple cider vinegar is rich in detoxifying compounds and has mild acidic action.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar: It speeds up the healing process and has antibacterial properties to defend the blisters gains bacterial infections.
How to use?
- Add apple cider vinegar to water
- Take a cotton ball and is it in the solution
- Use the cotton ball to apply the diluted apple cider vinegar on the affected areas of the body
- Let it stay for a few hours
- Repeat the same as many times as you can in a day
Always dilute apple cider vinegar before applying it anywhere on your body. Do not use apple cider vinegar on open cuts or wounds.
5. How to Get Rid of a Blood Blister on Foot with Natural Treatment?
Use Hot and Cold compress to Heal Blood Blister on Labia
If you are searching how to get rid of a blood blister, you are at the right place.
Benefits of hot and cold compress: Right after you developed a blister, placing a cold or hot pack will reduce the inflammation of the area and reduce the formation of a blood blister on the skin. It will also alleviate the pain of the blister and the trauma.
How to use?
- Use a hold or cold-water compress on the affected area of the body.
- Keep it on the blister for about ten to fifteen minutes as suitable for you
- Continue to do the same till you get relief
If the water is boiling, put a towel in the middle.
Other Home Remedies
- Applying a garlic paste on the blood blisters helps
- Try to treat it with salt water
- Apply coconut oil for relief
Do not try to burst the blood blisters as they can make the blisters worse and even cause infection. With these remedies, you are all set to treat these blisters right at your home efficiently and in no time. Hope your search on how to get rid of a blood blister ends here.