There is a sudden urgency to itch, but you cannot. Why? Because it is tingling in your genital area and you cannot just go about scratching in front of others. You will have to excuse yourself and head to the restroom. But what if it appears again, you cannot excuse yourself every single second. Itching in private parts may be embarrassing to talk about, but the situation isn’t anything uncommon. Men and women both suffer from it. If you are also suffering from the torturous urge to itch again and again, then here are some easy home remedies for itching in private parts. Try them out and alleviate your troubles.
Your genital area is the most sensitive area of your body. Itching in such region is bothersome and can be a reason to worry. Many factors may cause itching in private areas. These include
- Yeast Infection
- Skin Irritants
- Skin conditions like eczema
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Diseases like cancer, tuberculosis, and diabetes
- Antibiotics or steroids
- Poor hygiene
- Weak Immune system
Natural Remedies for Itching in Private Parts
Itching in private parts is troublesome. It affects your daily life. Hence it is necessary to treat it. In most of the cases, it can be resolved quickly at home without any medical intervention. Here are some simple home remedies for itching in private parts that give you quick results.
CURE 1: Foods
How to use?
- Take a cotton tampon
- Dip it in a plain, Greek yogurt
- Insert it into your vagina
- Leave it for around two hours
- You can repeat the process two times a day to ease the itching
- Alternatively, you can eat a cup or two of Greek Yogurt daily to reduce the itchiness.
Benefits of Greek Yogurt
Greek yogurt is a probiotic thus is an excellent remedy against itching. It contains lactobacillus acidophilus, a bacteria that restores the healthy pH level of your vagina and maintains a healthy environment that prevents the growth of microbes. Thus it can be great for treating itching in the private parts of a woman.
[Read: Uses of Greek Yogurt ]
When inserting the tampon, make sure that you do not put it too far. If you are consuming yogurt, make sure that it is plain and does not contain added sugar. An increased sugar intake makes a favorable environment for the growth of candida fungus.
Foods to eat
A healthy diet boosts your immunity and prevents infections in private parts. Include the following foods in your diet that help fight the microbes that cause itching.
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Herbal tea
- Eggs, chicken, and fish
Foods to avoid
Certain foods can increase your vulnerability to infections that cause itching in private areas. You must avoid such foods.
- Foods high in sugar content
- Whole milk dairy products
- Grains with high gluten content
- Foods fermented with yeast
CURE 2: Herbal Treatments
If genital itching is irritating you a lot and you wish for some natural and safe home remedy to get rid of it, then aloe vera is the best pick. Application of aloe vera gel can efficiently reduce itching in private parts of male as well as female.
How to use?
- Cut a leaf of aloe vera from the plant
- Squeeze out the fresh gel
- Thoroughly wash the area where you are suffering from itching and pat it dry
- After that, apply the aloe vera gel on the affected area
- Repeat the process two to three times a day to ease the itching.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is known for its soothing properties. It reduces the itching and irritation of the genital area. Further, it is antiseptic hence effective in treating the infection if any in the area. Also, it is non-acidic and is one of the safest home remedies that can be used to ease vaginal itching during pregnancy.
Use freshly extracted aloe vera gel to see quick results. The store-bought gels might not be that effective in easing your trouble.
[Also Read: Aloe Vera For Skin]
CURE 3: Essential Oils
Tea Tree Oil
If you are suffering from severe vaginal itching, then try tea tree oil. It is one of the best home remedies for treating itching in private parts. If the vulvar itching worsens at night or there is a constant urge to itch causing you to become cranky and irritable, then it is time for you to look for some effective treatment like tea tree oil.
How to use?
- Mix four to six drops of tea tree oil in two tablespoons of freshly extracted aloe vera gel
- Apply the mixture on the irritated area
- Leave it on for around 15 minutes
- After that, wash it off with water
- Repeat this remedy two times a day
- Pour four to six drops of tea tree oil in your bathwater
- Soak in it for around fifteen minutes
- Do this daily to get relief from itching.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has strong antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties; hence the oil makes it easier to the list of itching vagina home remedies. It eases the irritation caused in the genital area thus reducing the itching. Studies have shown that tea tree oil is quite useful in preventing vaginal candidiasis.
You must use tea tree oil in diluted form only. Direct application of the oil can harm your skin and cause an allergic reaction. Those with sensitive skin must do a skin patch test of diluted tea tree oil before using it.
[Also Read: Best Essential Oils For Itching ]
CURE 4: Home Remedies
Garlic and Honey
Itching in private parts is not only an issue with adults, but your kid may also suffer from it due to poor hygiene or some infection. If you see your baby boy itching his private parts often, then try this garlic and honey paste. It can provide him with great relief.
How to use?
- Take one to two cloves of fresh garlic and crush them
- Add a tablespoon of honey in the crushed garlic
- Mix the contents and apply the mixture on the itchy area
- Leave it on for around fifteen to twenty minutes
- After that wash it off and dry the skin
- Repeat this remedy two times a day to get effective results
Benefits of Garlic and Honey Paste
The wondrous mixture of garlic and honey works great to ease the itching. Those looking for easy home remedies for itching in private parts must try this remedy. Garlic being antifungal fights the infections that may cause itching while honey has strong soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that ease the itchiness and soften the skin.
Garlic, if used alone, can sting a lot but adding honey prevents it. However, if you have a history of allergy, then it is necessary to do a skin patch test to know if you are allergic to it or not.
CURE 5: Natural Treatments
If you are suffering from constant itching in the anus region, then try coconut oil for easing your troubles. It counts among the best home remedies for itching in private parts(3).
How to use?
- Take two to three drops of coconut oil
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it for around thirty minutes
- After that, wash the area with warm water and pat it dry
- Mix two tablespoons of coconut oil to three cups of lukewarm water
- Use this solution to rinse your itchy private parts
- You can use this remedy two to three times a day.
Benefits of Coconut oil
Coconut oil has strong antifungal properties which make it an excellent solution for treating infections and easing the itchiness in the genital areas. Application of coconut oil efficiently relieves labia itching. To increase the effect, you can also include coconut oil in your diet. Consume one to two tablespoons of the oil daily.
[Read: Uses of Coconut Oil ]
Coconut oil may cause an allergic reaction. If you have sensitive skin, then do a skin patch test before using this remedy.
Your genital area is a delicate part of your body hence needs your special attention and care. Itching in private parts can be effectively treated by using the home remedies for itching in private parts mentioned above. Adopt these remedies along with a healthy and hygienic lifestyle to ease the trouble and prevent it from occurring again.