Gone red like a tomato? Perioral dermatitis is a skin condition which causes you to develop these annoying eruptions on your face leading to redness and rashes which are not only itchy but also painful at times. They are embarrassing, and they grow on your skin to make you look hands down ugly. If you are looking for perioral dermatitis natural treatment, you have come to the right place. Swipe up!
What is perioral dermatitis?
Perioral dermatitis(1) is a skin condition which results in skin inflammation causing redness and rashes which may further lead to other skin disorders The causes of perioral dermatitis include
- Microbial and viral infections
- Allergens or irritants
- Synthetic clothes, tight-fitting clothes, and fabrics
- Extreme changes in temperatures
- Dryness of skin
- Hormonal changes
- Medical conditions
- Excessive sweating
What are the symptoms of perioral dermatitis?
- Scaling and cracking of the skin
- The rise in body temperature
- Rashes and constant itching
- Redness and inflammation on the skin
- Dry patches and outbreaks on the skin
- Yellow scabs, sometimes pus, bumps, etc.
If you are looking for perioral dermatitis cure with perioral dermatitis natural treatment remedies, scroll down to find out more.
How to cure perioral dermatitis on the nose with foods that help?
1. Flaxseeds are the best food for perioral dermatitis diet
Consumption of flaxseeds works wonders for the body but, do not consume it in vast quantities and always check if you aren’t allergic to it.
How to prepare?
- Roast the flaxseeds on low flame and let it cool down
- Consume a tablespoon of it daily on an empty stomach
Benefits of flaxseeds
Flaxseeds are wonder seeds that contain omega-3 fatty acids. This particular acid helps to block the production of arachidonic acid that causes inflammation on the skin.
Best foods to eat
These foods aid in subsiding the infection by helping to boost the blood circulation of the body.
- Green leafy vegetables
- Low carb diet
Foods to avoid
They aggravate the infection and can cause excessive dryness to the skin in the long run on regular consumption.
- Caffeinated products
How to get rid of perioral dermatitis around eyes with herbal treatment?
1. A poultice of herbs helps to cure the condition fast
Poultice for perioral dermatitis(2) natural treatment gets made of vegetables and herbs. Use horsetail, plantain, calendula, carrot paste, chamomile, thyme, sage, juniper berries, cucumber and Epsom salt.
How to prepare and use?
- Make a thick paste of the above herbs
- Apply it on the skin directly or with a cloth layer
- Leave it on for a minimum of 20 minutes and a few hours if possible
- Replace it further
Benefits of a poultice of herbs
A poultice of herbs is helpful as a perioral dermatitis natural treatment. It is a blend which made of clays, salts, herbs, activated charcoal, and other useful substances. All of this is wrapped in a cloth piece and then placed on the affected area. It is left on the skin for a few hours and replaced several times a day.
If you are allergic to any of the herbs, do not continue with the same.
How to treat perioral dermatitis in toddlers with essential oil?
1. Tea tree essential oil has miraculous effects as a perioral dermatitis treatment
Tea tree oils very beneficial to treat multiple skin issues, and one of them is perioral dermatitis.
How to use?
- Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with olive oil
- Apply the mixture on the affected area
- Massage it gently and keep it for overnight
- Wash it in the morning with cold water
Benefits of tea tree essential oil
It helps to reduce the dryness of the skin and imparts moisture to it when mixed with a carrier oil. You can also use a diluted concoction of the oil to treat perioral dermatitis.
Always dilute the essential oil before using it on your body.
How to get rid of perioral dermatitis with a home remedy?
1. Aloe Vera Gel is one of the best home remedies for perioral dermatitis
Aloe Vera Gel is an incredible soothing agent. This gel can easily be used in any of the perioral dermatitis healing stages for a better cure(3).
How to use Aloe Vera gel for perioral dermatitis natural treatment?
- Take the Aloe Vera gel and apply it on the affected areas of the body.
- Massage the gel on the affected areas for a few minutes
- Let it rest for about an hour
- Wash off the area with regular water
- Repeat the same two times a day
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
It provides relief to itching and pain in and around the affected area. It provides moisture to the skin which makes it less itchy and keeps the skin hydrated. It is an excellent perioral dermatitis moisturizer.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Always use freshly scooped Aloe Vera Gel and not the chemically processed gel.
How to treat perioral dermatitis with natural treatment?
1. Perioral Dermatitis Natural Treatment with a salt bath
If you can tolerate getting submerged in water during a flare-up of eczema, there are a few minerals and herbs that can serve as a very beneficial solution for this condition.
Also Know: How to Get Rid of Eczema
Here is a quick recipe which offers an excellent detoxifying salt bath
- Epsom salt
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Baking soda
- Ten drops of your favorite essential oil like chamomile, lavender, etc. which may help soothe your skin
How to use?
- Make a blend of Epsom salt, sea salt, baking soda and boiling water in a jar and let it stay
- Fill a tub of water
- Make sure the water is warm and not of extreme temperatures
- Pour the blend of salts and add your favorite essential oil
- Soak in for 30 minutes
Benefits of salt bath
You can go on to add this perioral dermatitis natural treatment remedy in your bathing regime to reduce the irritation of skin and help clear up the rashes and redness. Try a salt bath to soak up some minerals and relax. The mix of salts offers a powerful blend of elements that absorb throughout your body and improve the condition of your skin.
With the proper and consistent application of the above methods, finding a permanent solution for perioral dermatitis natural treatment is an easy journey. Of course, like always, results may take time, but with an all-natural regime, ultimately, you will achieve clear and healthier skin.