If you often feel your head is massive or you are spitting too much more than usual. It is likely that you have developed the post nasal drip condition. The post nasal drip is a syndrome that affects the upper respiratory tract leading to excess mucus production. It is a common condition that affects most of the population. So, to cure the disease, there are some essential oils for post nasal drip that one must try.
Post nasal drip shouldn’t be ignored. Some signs that help in identifying before the condition turns out to be a chronic post nasal drip include
- Scratching sensation in the throat
- Post nasal drip sore throat
- Excess spitting
- Excess mucus swallowing
- Post nasal drip bad breath
- Post nasal drip cough
- Post nasal drip nausea
Post nasal drip can be caused due to a variety of reasons. Some of the ideas include:
- Allergic post nasal drip
- Changing weather
- Smoke and dust
What Are Essential Oils Good For Post Nasal Drip?
To cure this condition, various essential oils for post nasal drip that you can use include:
1. Tea tree essential oil for post nasal drip
Why use the tea tree essential oil for post nasal drip?
The tea tree oil has extended benefits. Apart from providing good skin it also helps in preventing oral and nasal infection. So, it is an excellent oil for curing the post nasal drip. It is extracted from branches of the tea tree which makes it natural. It also has anti-fungal and anti-viral properties as well which help in preventing cold and throat infections.
How to use the tea tree essential oil for post nasal drip?
- Take the right amount of tea tree oil and blend it with other oils.
- Take the mixture and apply on the affected areas such as the throat and nose.
2. Oregano essential oil for post nasal drip
Why use oregano essential oil for post nasal drip?
The oregano oil has several benefits just like the tea tree oil. It has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties that will prevent the post nasal drip condition from increasing. It also has features that boost the immune system to cure the situation quickly.
How to use oregano essential oil for post nasal drip?
- Take a few drops of oil
- Gently massage over the throat, nose, and other affected areas.
3. Thieves essential oil for post nasal drip
Why use Thieves essential oil for post nasal drip?
The thieves oil is a fabulous essential oil. It is a combination of clove, cinnamon, lemon, eucalyptus, and rosemary. All these oils have rich anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and soothing properties. These will not only help in reducing the condition of post nasal drip, but they also provide relief to the throat and nose.
How to use Thieves essential oil for post nasal drip?
- Take few drops of thieves oil and add it to hot warm
- Gargle in your mouth and repeat for better results.
4. Eucalyptus essential oil for post nasal drip
Why use eucalyptus essential oil for post nasal drip?
The eucalyptus oil has unusual properties that will aid in curing the condition. It is known to have anti-inflammatory properties that will give relief to a sore throat and the nasal passages. It is also a great expectorant that will aid in the production of the right amount of mucus instead of excess as well.
How to use the eucalyptus essential oil for post nasal drip?
- Boil right amount of water and add the eucalyptus oil to it.
- Cover yourself with a blanket so that the steam doesn’t escape.
- Inhale and exhale repeatedly for better results.
5. Lavender essential oil for post nasal drip
Why use the lavender essential oil for post nasal drip?
Lavender oil is widely used for curing several respiratory problems including post nasal drip. It has antimicrobial properties that prevent the condition from becoming chronic. Also, they help in providing relief due to its soothing properties as well.
How to use the lavender essential oil for post nasal drip?
- Take the right amount of lavender oil and blend it with other carrier oils.
- Gently apply on the throat and leave it overnight for better results.
Other Oils for Post Nasal Drip
1. Coconut oil
Why use coconut oil?
The coconut oil is a high oil that can aid in curing the post nasal drip. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can give relief to the respiratory tract.
How to use coconut oil?
- Drink one teaspoon of coconut oil every day on an empty stomach
2. Sesame oil
Why use the sesame oil?
The sesame oil has anti-inflammatory properties that will help to cure infections related to the upper nasal tract. It also has anti-bacterial properties that will prevent the condition from increasing as well.
How to use the sesame oil?
- Take a few drops of sesame oil
- Gently inhale the oil into your nose for clearing the mucus out.
- Blend it with other oils for better results.
How Does These Oils Benefit?
Using essential oils for post nasal drip can provide a lot of benefits. They help in maintaining a healthy body and mind. They have several soothing properties that are known to produce a rejuvenating effect. They also increase metabolism, digestion, and prevent several chronic conditions as well.
Why Use These Essential Oils for Post Nasal Drip?
These essential oils have various properties that help in curing post nasal drip condition. The have anti-oxidants that prevent the disease from becoming chronic. Also, they help in reducing excess mucus production, sore throat, and cough.
How to Use Essential Oils for Post Nasal Drip?
There are several ways these essential oils for post nasal drip can be used. They can be inhaled directly to provide relief. They can be massaged over throat and nose as well. They can also be consumed on an empty stomach too.
- Always dilute these oils in carrier oils before use. Some good carrier oils are coconut oil, olive oil a castor oil.
- Always remember to use only one to two drops on your primary use of these oils to determine whether or not you have an allergic reaction to it.
Do’s And Don’ts of Essential Oils
Essential oils are widely used for curing a variety of conditions including the post nasal drip. However, there are sure do’s and don’ts associated with them as well.
- Do consult a healthcare expert before using.
- Buy these oils only from a trusted place.
- It is not advised to ingest any oils without consulting the healthcare expert.
- Do not continue to use the oils if you find symptoms of rashes or anything similar being developed.
Other Homemade Recipes
Apart from trying out essential oils to cure the condition, there are specific home remedies that you must try and are also recommended by healthcare experts
- Fluids: During post nasal drip a lot of mucus flows out which makes the body dehydrated. To prevent dehydration drinking eight glasses of water is mandatory. Also, having fresh homemade juices also help in curing the condition.
- Gargle: Take lukewarm water and add salt to it. Gargle for around 5 minutes. This is known to reduce irritation of the throat and cure post nasal drip condition.
- Ginger: Prepare ginger tea or consume small slices of ginger. Also, try adding ginger to diet as well. This will help in reducing post nasal drip soon.
The post nasal drip condition is standard. It can be cured by using essential oils for post nasal drip regularly. These oils can be blended with other carrier oils for better results as well. Apart from using essential oils, it is advised to increase fluid intakes and gargle with salt water. Also, including ginger in your diet is also recommended for better results as well. After following these remedies, your problem will disappear and that too organically and naturally.