Having a scratchy throat and difficulty in swallowing, then there are high chances that you are suffering from a throat infection. It is an unpleasant feeling and often indicates towards a cold or flu. Glue your eyes to this article for fantastic throat infection remedies and say a bye to the infection.
What is a throat infection?
It refers to inflammation of the throat tissues. It leads to redness, pain, and swelling of the throat walls.
What causes a throat infection?
Many reasons can be behind your sore throat like-
- Pathogens like bacteria virus etc.
- Eating or drinking something very cold like ice or water on the rocks when you have a scratched throat
What are the different types of throat infection?
- Bacterial throat infection
- Viral throat infection
- Strept throat infection or streptococcus throat infection
What are the different throat infection symptoms?
The different signs of throat infection
- A sore throat
- A cough
- Swollen lymph nodes
What are the best natural throat infection remedies?
Throat infection is not a severe condition. You can rely on the given natural and home remedies for curing vaping throat infection, fungal throat infection, and sore throat infection.
1. Which foods act as excellent throat infection remedies?
Consuming the given magical foods will help you get relief from a throat infection quickly.
Enjoy a refreshing cup of ginger tea to get away with a throat infection. Ginger takes proud in being one of the most effective throat infection remedies.
How to use?
You can make a cup of hot ginger tea and consume it for best results.
- Peel ginger root and grate it
- Boil water in a pan
- Add one tbsp of grated ginger in the water after removing it from the stove
- Allow it to steep for ten minutes
- Add honey and lemon juice
- Consume it hot for best results
- Don’t over soak it in the water as it would spoil the taste
Ginger being one of the best throat infection remedies works magically in reducing infection, inflammation, and pain of throat infection.
|Foods to Eat||Foods to Avoid|
|Broth and cream-based soups||Dry snacks like potato chips|
|Gelatin desserts||Spicy sauces and seasonings|
|Cooked Vegetables||Acidic fruits like oranges|
2. How to use herbs as potent throat infection remedies?
Herbs are natural substances. They have shown wondrous effects on the human body while fighting against diseases. Some of the best herbs for throat infection remedies include:
This beautiful herb will work out as a blessing for you in case of a sore throat.
How to use?
Chamomile tea is world-renowned for its effectiveness as a useful throat pain remedy.
- Take two tbsp of dried chamomile flowers in a bowl
- Add hot water to this bowl and allow the herb to steep in water for 10 minutes
- Strain the mixture
- Add honey and a dash of lemon to it
- You can also use the above combination to gargle. Just make sure the water is lukewarm.
- If you are allergy prone always consult a doctor before using herbal remedies
This refreshing tea helps to enrich you with a good sleep which is vital for a healthy body. It also fights infection-causing bacteria and soothes the pain.
Sage and echinacea
This terrific combination of herbs acts as one of the most potent throat infection remedies.
How to use?
Follow the given recipe to make a sage-echinacea throat spray:
- One tbsp ground sage
- One tbsp ground Echinacea
- Half a cup of water
- Place the herbs in a small jar and add boiling water to it
- Allow it to steep for 30 minutes
- Strain the mixture and then add half cup hard liquor
- Pour this solution in a spray bottle and spray it into your throat every two hours or so
The two herbs reduce inflammation and fight bacteria that cause a throat infection.
- Avoid alcohol if you are a non-drinker
3. How to cure a throat infection by using essential oils?
Essential oils can be beneficial in treating a throat infection. Here is a list of some famous throat infection remedies using essential oils. These oils help to cure throat infection in kids quickly.
Peppermint essential oil
The long list of throat infection remedies is incomplete without the mention of peppermint oil.
How to use?
- Mix a few drops of peppermint oil with a carrier oil and rub it on the skin of your throat externally
- You can add a few drops of oil to a vaporizer for relief
Peppermint oil boasts of menthol which helps to calm throat inflammation, break mucus, and sooth pain.
With its terrific smell, eucalyptus oil serves as one of the best throat infection remedies.
How to use?
- Add one-two drops of the oil to your steam humidifier and inhale the fumes
- You can use it as massaging oil by mixing it with a spoonful of olive oil. Massage above the lymph nodes and down the sides of the throat and chest
Eucalyptus helps to prevent sore throat causes like cold, flu, etc. it helps to avoid congestion by breaking mucus build-up.
- Always use essential oils after diluting with a carrier oil
- Pregnant women and kids should not use essential oils
4. Home remedies as effective throat infection remedies
Get away with that throbbing throat pain of throat infection by adopting these magical throat infection remedies.
Gargle with salt water
Get away with that painful throat infection by gargling with salt water as it serves as one of the best throat infection remedies.
How to use?
- Mix quarter of a tbsp of salt in a warm cup of water
- Gargle with this water at least two-three times a day
Salt is renowned for its unusual anti-bacterial properties. It helps to rinse away the bacteria from the mouth and also neutralize the acids that cause the burning sensation.
- Avoid gargling with boiling water as this would burn your mouth from inside
5. How to cure throat infection using supplements?
Adding this supplement to your diet will help you get rid of a sore throat quickly.
Vitamin C is one of the best throat infection remedies.
How to use?
- You can take Vitamin C pills and tablets
- You can also add Vitamin C rich foods to their diet
It helps to cure respiratory infections and also improves the immunity system of the body.
- Always consult your doctor before using Vitamin C pills and tablets
Throat infection is not a serious issue, but anything that is left untreated becomes a severe issue in no time. Try your hands on these magical natural and herbal throat infection remedies and kick out that throbbing pain from your life.
Natural treatments and remedies are convenient and do not pose any threat to your body. You can include them as solutions for several health problems. Severe throat infections disrupt your lifestyle and often force the sufferer to stay away from his near and dear ones.
After reading this article, you can now quickly vanish throat pain and reduce inflammation. Choose your favorite remedy and solve your problem.