Fresh and cool cucumber water benefits health in innumerable ways. Cucumber water is highly beneficial for healthy skin. It helps to stay hydrated and is a natural blood detoxifier. It aids in the shedding of excessive body weight and is richly supplied with essential nutrients.
How to make cucumber water?
Cucumber water is greatly beneficial for proper hydration of the body. It makes for a delicious and refreshing summer drink and its preparation is quite simple.
- Peel a fresh green cucumber and chop it into slices of about an inch each.
- Add the slices to a glass of water.
- Gently stir the mixture and let it steep for an entire night.
- Strain out the liquid in the next morning and add a few ice cubes.
- Your detox cucumber water is ready.
- You can also add some chopped mint leaves and limes to enhance the taste of cucumber water.
Health Benefits of Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice is replete with major health benefits, a few of which are given below.
- Cucumber juice is an excellent source of vitamin B complex.
- It keeps the body hydrated and helps to flush out toxins from the body
- It can beat any skin and hair problems from puffy eyes to hair fall.
- Cucumber juice contains lignans like secoisolariciresinol, pinoresinol, and lariciresinol. These lignans fight against all kinds of cancer.
- Cucumber juice is highly beneficial for oral health. Its antimicrobial action keeps oral diseases like cavities, gingivitis, and pyorrhea at bay. It also helps in eliminating staleness of breath.
- The fibrous content of cucumber juice regulates bowel movement, aids in digestion and facilitates the loss of excess body weight.
Cucumber Lemon Mint Water Benefits
Also referred to as detox water, an infusion of cucumbers, mint, and lemons is highly beneficial for health. Some of its health benefits are enlisted below.
- The drink keeps the body hydrated and helps in the elimination of toxins. Lemons contain citric acid that helps to burn excessive fat.
- The sulfur and silicon content of cucumber stimulates the growth of strong hair. Lemon and mint help in healthy growth and development of cells.
- The drink is loaded with antioxidants that fight against free radicals and keep several diseases at bay.
- Cucumber, lemon and mint infusion fight against oral problems and is a natural mouth freshener.
- The drink aids in the preservation of the digestive and hepatic systems. It helps to curb appetite and lose weight.
Lemon and Cucumber Water Benefits
Lemon and cucumber water is a natural detox and is highly essential for healthy physiological functioning. Some of its health benefits are given below.
- The drink is highly beneficial for the regulation of blood pressure. It reduces the level of cholesterol and prevents atherosclerosis.
- Lemon and cucumber water helps in keeping blood sugar levels under control.
- The infusion being highly anti-inflammatory in nature fights against rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gouts and painfulness of joints.
- It helps in the maintenance of oral health and preserves cardiac, digestive, renal and hepatic functioning.
Cucumber Nutritional Benefits
Cucumber water is rich in potassium, fiber and vitamin C. It also consists of vitamins K, C and A along with minerals like potassium, magnesium, and manganese. The benefits of drinking cucumber water are numerous. Inculcate cucumber water diet in your routine for innumerable benefits.
Some of the health benefits of cucumber infused water are as follows.
- The infusion helps in natural hydration and loss of excessive weight.
- It is rich in antioxidants that fight against oxidative damage and cancer.
- It regulates blood pressure and maintains skin health
Top 20 Surprising Health Benefits of Cucumber Infused Water
Is cucumber water healthy? Can it be considered as an effective natural cure of ailments? The answer is yes. There are multiple health benefits of cucumber water. Drop a bunch of cucumber slices in water and let it sediment for the night. Strain the water out in the next morning. Your miraculous infusion is ready. It is replete with health benefits, a handful of which is elucidated below.
1. Prevention of Dehydration
Cucumber water is a natural body hydrator that can effectively eliminate dehydration. Consumption of 6-8 cups of cucumber water is enough to re-stabilize the fluctuating levels of sodium, potassium, phosphorous, iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium during dehydration.
2. Natural Cure for Acid Reflux
Cucumber water is slightly alkaline in nature that helps to neutralize the acid in the esophagus. Being almost entirely composed of water, cucumber or cucumber water is able to neutralize the over secretion of gastric acid in the stomach. Cucumber(1) water is, therefore, an effective natural remedy for heartburn and acid reflux. It can also eliminate bloating and flatulence.
3. Relief from Headaches
A glass of cool and fresh cucumber water can help to provide relief from headaches and insomnia. One of the key causes of migraines is dehydration which gets easily and effectively cured by the consumption of a few cups of cool cucumber water throughout the day. Cucumber water is rich in magnesium that helps to prevent the attack of migraines and even diminish their duration.
Recommended Read: Lime Water Benefits
4. Cucumber Water Benefits for Ulcer
The cause of intestinal ulcer is infection by the bacteria H. pylori. Cucumber water is rich in flavonoids that attack the growth of the bacteria H. pylori and inhibits the bacterial infection. The flavonoids are also effective in the prevention of infection of the esophagus and intestines.
5. Prevention of Skin Cancer
Cucumber water is rich in antioxidants that fight against toxic free radicals, protect the skin from damage caused by the UV rays of the sun, repair broken skin tissues and thus protect the skin from getting afflicted by cancer(2).
Recommended Read: How To Cure Skin Cancer Naturally
6. Cucumber Water Benefits Against Infection
Cucumber water is rich in anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It checks the growth of bacteria like E.coli that causes infection in the intestines and urinary tract. Cucumber water also fights against H. pylori thus preventing intestinal infection.
7. Development of the Immune System
Cucumber water is rich in vitamin C which strengthens the body immunity. The antioxidants contained in cucumber water further accelerate the efficiency of vitamin C. The vitamin enhances the number of immunoglobulins in the blood which are the primary components of the physiological immune system.
8. Cucumber Water Benefits For Kidney Stones
Cucumber water is rich in magnesium and fibrous content that work in unison to cleanse the kidneys and facilitate the passing out of kidney stones.
9. Cucumber Water Weight Loss
Cucumber water aids in shedding of excessive body weight because of its low calorie and rich fibrous content. It accelerates the rate of metabolism thereby promoting weight loss.
10. Cucumber Water Benefits Digestion
Cucumber water is rich in soluble and insoluble fibrous content which makes it highly significant for the digestive system. The soluble fibers get fermented by the healthy intestinal bacteria and help to maintain gastrointestinal health. The insoluble fiber eases the movement and excretion of bowels.
11. Natural Cure for Diabetes
Cucumber water is anti-diabetic in nature. Its vitamin content decreases inflammation, increases the body’s sensitivity to insulin, and accelerates the metabolism of glucose. This makes it a highly effective remedy for stabilizing the blood glucose level and curing diabetes.
Also Read: How To Cure Diabetes
12. Regulation of the CNS
Cucumber water helps to soothe the Central Nervous System and induces a cool sense of calmness. Celery is rich in magnesium which makes it a natural relaxant and cures insomnia by inducing a sound and deep sleep in the consumer.
13. Maintenance of Stable Blood Pressure
Cucumber water contains potassium that helps in stabilizing blood pressure. Drinking cucumber infusion assists in natural hydration and keeps the blood pressure in check.
14. Natural Cure of Inflammation
Cucumber water is richly packed with anti-inflammatory properties because of its content of phytonutrient antioxidants. The flavonols contained in cucumber suppress the action of specific proteins that are associated with inflammation. Regular drinking of cucumber water prevents the cellular inflammation of prostate, lungs, brain and oral region. Detox water is highly effective in curing intestinal inflammation (gastritis) by inhibition of the growth of H. pylori.
Also Read: Natural Remedies For Inflammation
15. Fights against Arthritis
Cucumber water is highly effective in the treatment of joint aches and gout. Cucumber water is diuretic in nature that prevents the accumulation of uric acid in the joints that is the key reason behind painful joints. Cucumber water aids in the elimination of uric acid through excretion thereby curing the condition of painful joints in arthritis.
16. Cucumber Water Benefits For Acne
Acne is caused when the pores on your skin get clogged with oil and dirt. The clogged pores become a breeding ground for germs and accumulate unhealthy fat that in turn ruins the facial appearance in the form of ugly acne and spots. The anti-bacterial properties of cucumber water get rid of acne and protect the skin by unclogging the pores and keeping the skin nourished.
Recommended Read: Home Remedies For Acne
17. Cucumber Benefits of Cardiac Health
Cucumber water protects the body from oxidative stress and damage with its rich content of antioxidants. Its monosaturated fatty acids preserve cardiac health and prevent the stiffening of arteries. Its magnesium content is highly effective in the prevention of deposition of cholesterol in blood vessels. This protects the individual from atherosclerosis and greatly reduces the risk of heart attacks(3).
18. Cucumber Water Benefits For Detoxification
Drinking 6-8 cups of pure and fresh cucumber water helps to refresh and detoxify the body. It is rich in antioxidants that help to fight against poisonous free radicals and flush out toxins from the body.
19. Fight against Sunburns and Tan
Basking and sunbathing might be fun but sunburns are painful and not so easy to get rid of. Treat the blisters with cool cucumber water to cure the burning redness and enrich your skin. Being an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, cucumber water can be highly beneficial for the natural remedy of sunburns.
- Add a few drops of vitamin E oil to the cucumber water and stir well.
- Smear your sunburnt skin with the mixture and leave it on for about half an hour.
- Rinse it off with cool water and let the skin dry on its own.
- Do this thrice a week for the best results.
20. Cucumber Water Benefits for Oral Health
The antimicrobial properties of cucumber water help to fight the bacteria and germs that work inside the mouth and attack the gums, roots, and enamel of the teeth. Cucumber water helps to protect the mouth from dental disorders like pyorrhea, gum boils, and mouth ulcers. Regular consumption of fresh cucumber water keeps the mouth fresh and prevents staleness of breath.
1. Are cucumbers good for you?
Response: Cucumbers are highly beneficial for health. It is low in calories but very high in essential vitamins and minerals. It is rich in antioxidants which makes it an effective blood detoxifier. It aids in natural hydration and helps in loss of weight. It helps to keep blood sugar under control and promotes regularity of bowel movement. It aids in the smooth working of several physiological functions and is thus highly beneficial for health.
2. How long does cucumber water last?
Response: If refrigerated, then cucumber water can last for about three to four days from the day of preparation. However, you need to remove the vegetables and herbs from the infusion otherwise it will deteriorate sooner.
3. Is cucumber water good for you?
Response: Cucumber water is rich in potassium, fiber and vitamin C. It also consists of vitamins K, C and A and minerals like potassium, magnesium, and manganese. Such a rich nutritional composition is highly beneficial for health. Cucumber water detoxifies the body and keeps it naturally hydrated. It aids in digestion, metabolism and consequent weight loss. Drink cucumber water on a daily basis to stay fit and healthy.
4. What does cucumber water do?
Response: The drink keeps the body hydrated and helps in the elimination of toxins. Lemons contain citric acid that helps to burn excessive fat. It is loaded with antioxidants that fight against free radicals and keep several diseases at bay.
5. What is cucumber water good for?
Response: Cucumber water is an excellent source of vitamin B complex. It keeps the body hydrated and helps to flush out toxins from the body
6. What does cucumber water do for your body?
Response: It helps in the maintenance of oral health and preserves cardiac, digestive, renal and hepatic functioning.
7. Why put cucumber in water?
Response: Cucumber is put in water for preparation of the detox infusion.