You must have used crepe paper while decorating the Christmas tree or linking paper chains for New Year’s Day decorations, at some point or the other. It is wrinkly and rough due to lack of hydration. Crepey skin is a degenerative skin disease. It manifests in the middle age, but it can sometimes appear in the early twenties as well.
The use of coconut oil for crepey skin is useful for the alleviation of dryness(1), itchiness, redness, and peeling of the skin. It is the best lotion for the skin and can efficiently cure a wide variety of dermatological ailments. Using coconut oil masks can be your effective home remedy to fix wrinkles effectively.
[Also Read: Coconut Oil for Wrinkles]
Coconut Oil for Crepey Skin
1. Avocado and Coconut Oil Mask
For the preparation of the avocado and coconut oil mask, you need a fresh and ripe avocado, 4-5 tablespoons of coconut oil, and a dash of nutmeg. Avocado contains essential fatty acids that help to nourish and hydrate the skin.
- Peel the avocado and mash it into a smooth paste.
- Add the coconut oil to the avocado paste and mix it gently. Stir in a teaspoon of nutmeg and the mask is now ready for use.
- Apply the mask to the affected areas of the skin. Let it remain for about 15-20 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water and pat the skin dry.
- Follow this remedy every day for clear and supple skin.
[Also Read: Effective Benefits of Avocado Oil]
2. Lemon Juice, Yogurt, and Coconut Oil Mask
The ingredients of this dry skin mask, you need two tablespoons of coconut oil, half a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, and a tablespoon of plain yogurt. Lemon juice infuses the skin with vitamin C(2), and yogurt helps to keep the skin hydrated and healthy.
- Add the ingredients to a bowl and blend them into a creamy paste.
- Layer the dry skin with a thick coat of the paste and let it sit for about half an hour. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Follow this home remedy every day for the natural treatment of crepey skin.
3. Green Tea, Honey, and Coconut Oil Mask
You can prepare this mask using a tablespoon of coconut oil, two tablespoons of honey, and a tablespoon of crushed leaves of green tea. Green tea supplies the skin with antioxidants and honey moisturizes and nourishes the deepest layers of the skin. This mask is one of the best preparations for using coconut oil for dry skin.
[Also Read: Coconut Oil for Oily Skin]
- Take a bowl and add coconut oil, honey, and green tea to it. Mix the leaves thoroughly with the oil and honey to prepare a paste.
- Apply a coat of the mask to the skin and scrub the dry areas gently to get rid of the dry skin and sebum. Rinse the mask off with plain water.
- Follow this skincare routine thrice a week for treating crepey skin.
[Also Read: 10 Green Tea Face Packs]
Things To Consider
Coconut oil is incredibly beneficial for the health of the skin. You can apply it on any part of your body to make the skin soft and supple, cure dryness and peeling of the skin, and do away with dermatological diseases. Here are some of the benefits of coconut oil for crepey skin.
[Also Read: Coconut Oil For Skin]
- Coconut oil forms a thin protective layer on the skin that locks in the moisture and makes the skin smooth and healthy.
- Coconut oil also contains vitamin E that helps to heal cracks and dry blisters on the skin.
- The antioxidant properties of coconut oil prevent the premature aging of the skin.
- Use organic and unrefined coconut oil to rejuvenate your skin and make it healthy and gentle.
- This type of coconut oil consists of all the essential polyphenols and phytonutrients. These are excellent for the cure of crepey skin.
- Do not apply coconut oil to open wounds and cuts.
- Avoid the application of coconut oil if you notice any rashes on the skin.
Why spend a fortune on cosmetics and dermatological treatment when you can use coconut oil? Coconut oil is the best lotion for crepey skin. It hydrates the skin and helps to retain moisture, which is necessary for the health of the skin.
The use of coconut oil for crepey skin suffuses the skin with vital nutrients and phytophenolic compounds that nourish the skin and cure the blisters on the skin.
Crepey skin is itchy and irritating, but coconut oil can soothe the sensations effectively. Apply coconut oil every day to heal the skin and bring along a healthy glow.
1. What Other Home Remedies Can You Use for Crepey Skin?
Some of the best home remedies of crepey skin include the topical application of olive oil, avocado, honey, sugar scrub, oatmeal and yogurt mask, and other naturally occurring viscous substances to the skin.
2. How to Tailor Your Skincare Routine?
Cleansing, toning, exfoliation, and moisturizing are the four steps of skincare routine for dry and crepey skin. Cleanse the skin with Aloe Vera face wash and tone it with rose water or Aloe Vera mist.
Exfoliate the skin with honey and sugar scrub, and then use natural moisturizers like yogurt, coconut oil, and avocado paste for the hydration of the skin. Follow this skincare routine every day for the prevention and cure of crepey skin.
3. How Else Can You Use Avocado for Crepey Skin?
Here are a few ingredients that you can add to the avocado paste to prepare a creamy and smooth mask for the skin:
- Egg whites
- Olive oil
- Milk and milk cream, and more.
[Also Read: Repair Damaged Skin Using Avocado Oil]