Are you suffering from dry skin? Do you think it is reasonable or just climate that has an evil eye on your skin? Well, don’t ignore it; instead, try the natural remedies. There are several creams and ointments to address this condition but the best answer to ‘how to get rid of peeling skin’ is by the administration of natural home remedies.
What Is Skin Peeling?
Peeling of skin is a dermatological condition that is characterized by the development of rough and dry patches of skin and painful blisters. It occurs due to constant corrosion of the surface from overexposure to water, dryness of weather, harsh chemicals, and more than that render the skin dry and peeling.
Skin peeling on hands and feet is a widespread dermatological issue. It affects at all ages and triggers painful, burning and itchy sensations. If you are wondering on how to get rid of peeling skin, then you need to pinpoint on the specific cause and then opt for the necessary preventive measures and cures, A few generic causes of skin peeling(1) and dryness of skin are as below:-
- Low humidity of weather
- Bruises and injuries inflicted on the skin
- Excessive use of harsh chemical cosmetics such as cold creams, soaps, etc.
- Overexposure of the skin to the UV rays of the Sun
- Infection and inflammation of the skin etc.
What to Use?
If your skin is peeling away and gets covered with painful blisters, then the most rudimentary cure for your skin is the use of a natural moisturizer that will lock in the natural moisture of your skin and keep it hydrated. It is essential to keep the skin well hydrated to cure the peeling of skin.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Peeling Skin
If you are seeking for way son how to heal peeling skin on fingertips and skin blistering on arms, hands, and feet, then follow through with the natural remedies elucidated below to rejuvenate your skin and make it glow with health and nourishment.
CURE 1. Foods
Nothing beats the soothing feeling of cooled milk cream on sunburn skin peeling and others. Milk cream not only helps with moisturization but is also incredibly beneficial for the nourishment of the skin.
How to use?
- Fill a dish with fresh milk cream
- Put it in the refrigerator for about half an hour or until it becomes moderately cooled.
- Add a few drops of rose water to the cooled milk cream with gentle stirring to form a smooth paste
- Smear the paste all over the peeling skin
- Rinse your skin after letting the paste sit for about an hour
- Do this on a regular basis for how to stop the peeling of skin
Benefits of Milk Cream
The topical application of milk cream on the skin peeling on face and fingertips helps in the formation of a protective film that keeps the skin hydrated for a long time and prevents the loss of natural skin moisture.
Topical application of mashed bananas to the skin peeling on feet, hands, face, and neck is remarkably moisturizing and nourishing.
How to use?
- Mash fresh and ripe banana into a fine pulp
- Combine a few teaspoons of coconut oil with the pulp to make a paste
- Smear the paste all over the peeling skin with gentle massaging
- Let the mask remain on the surface for about 40-45 minutes
- Rinse your skin with water
- Do this on every alternate day to heal the skin peeling on face
Benefits of Ripe Bananas
Bananas are rich in potassium that is highly beneficial for the healthy glow of the skin. It contains antioxidants that prevent the peeling of skin induced by oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Its rich content of amino acids helps in the maintenance of natural elasticity of the skin.
Applying the banana mask is one of the most effective remedies on how to get rid of peeling skin and other dermatological disorders.
[Read: Health Benefits of Bananas ]
Honey is one of the most effective home remedies on how to get rid of peeling skin.
How to use?
- Take a few tablespoons of raw honey in a dish
- Add a few drops of rose water to the honey with gentle stirring
- Smear the skin peeling on hands and feet with the mixture and let it sit for about a few hours
- Rinse areas with water
- Do this daily for how to remove the peeling of skin
Benefits of honey
Honey is an excellent moisturizer that locks in the natural moisture of the skin, heals and repairs the damaged skin tissues and nourishes the epidermis. The antimicrobial property of honey is especially beneficial for the cure of foot skin peeling and skin peeling of fingers induced by cuts and bruises.
Foods to Eat
Certain foods help to moisturize the skin from the inside.
- Sweet Potato
- Olive oil
Foods to avoid
The below mentioned things cause the skin to dry hence aggravating the peeling process.
- Refined carbohydrates
- Foods with high vitamin A
CURE 2. Herbal Treatments
Aloe Vera Gel
The topical application of fresh aloe vera gel is highly beneficial for the natural cure of skin peeling on hands and fingers.
How to use?
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf and slit its sides to extract its gel
- Apply the gel to the skin peeling on face, fingers, and toes with gentle massaging
- Let the gel sit for about a couple of hours
- Rinse your skin with cooled water
- Do this on a regular basis for how to remove the peeling skin on fingertips and hands
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel
The cooling nature of the gel heals the blisters, soothes the burning and itchy sensations and nourishes the epidermis. The anti-inflammatory property of aloe vera gel cures the skin peeling on fingers and toes, the dryness of skin, the skin inflammation, and irritation. It also helps to keep the skin moisturized and soft.
It is always recommended to use fresh aloe vera gel if available. Otherwise, you can also purchase over the counter gels available in the market but look for gels that have less or no preservatives.
[Read; Aloe Vera Benefits for Skin]
CURE 3. Essential Oils
Bitter Almond Oil
Bitter almond oil is an excellent remedy when it comes to healing the skin for peeling. Almond oil comes in two forms sweet almond oil and bitter almond oil of which the latter is an essential oil. It is effortless to use and is extremely beneficial.
How to use?
- Take 2-3 drops of almond oil
- Apply it directly over the skin
- Massage gently
- Clean it with warm water
Benefits of Bitter Almond Oil
Almond oil is a quick absorbing oil that replenishes the skin cells from within. Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin-E, almond oil works well for all skin types. It is one of the safest regarding triggering allergies on the surface.
Always do a patch test before using any essential oil on the skin. Certain oils may trigger the skin cells to cause inflammation. Therefore use these oils with a carrier oil. But almond oil is one of the safest that can get directly applied to the skin.
CURE 4. Home Remedies
Raw Mustard Oil
Mustard oil is an ancient home remedy that can address a wide variety of dermatological disorders including the peeling skin on penis and skin peeling on the face.
How to use?
- Take a few tablespoons of mustard oil and heat it slightly until it becomes a little warm
- Apply the heated mustard oil to the skin peeling on feet and hands with thorough massaging
- Scrub the blisters and peels while massaging
- Massage the skin for about 10-15 minutes
- Let the oil seep deep into the epidermis
- Do this every day for how to stop skin peeling between toes and newborn skin peeling
Benefits of Mustard Oil
The use of mustard oil is especially useful for the natural treatment of peeling and blistering skin of newborns. The oil is very gentle and nourishing for sensitive skin (despite its pungent odor) and can get used as one of the best home remedies for how to get rid of peeling skin.
[Read: Mustard Oil Benefits & Uses]
CURE 5. Other Natural Ways
Fuller’s earth functions by sloughing off the dead skin and cells from the surface.
How to use?
- Take a tablespoon of fuller’s earth in a bowl
- Add a teaspoon each of aloe vera gel and rose water to the fuller’s earth with a little stirring to form a coarse paste
- Apply the paste to the affected areas of the skin with gentle scrubbing
- Scrub at the peeling skin and blisters with care so that the skin does not rupture and bleed
- Let the paste sit for about 30 minutes or until it gets dry
- Rinse the paste with water
- Do this on every alternate day for a week or so until the peeling of skin disappears
Benefits of Fuller’s Earth
It helps in restoring the skin’s health. Its exfoliating nature is highly beneficial for how to get rid of peeling skin in a few days.
Precautions and Preventive Measures
- If the humidity is too low, then protect your skin with a moisturizer
- Do not leave cuts and bruises uncovered
- Avoid using chemical soaps and creams and switch to herbal alternatives
- Cover your arms and legs with a cloth before going out in the Sun
- Smear your face, neck, and arms with sunscreen lotion before stirring out in the day to prevent sunburns
- Carry a bunch of wet wipes to make your face moist and supple whenever the skin feels dry
Peeling of skin might feel uncomfortable, but it is not dangerous. Follow through with the remedies to restore your skin to its normal health and tenderness. It’s the skin that you live in all the time. Hence proper care is a necessity that can be achieved with ease with these methods.