Several benefits can be gained using avocado oil for skin. Avocado oil is rich in Vitamin E. The vitamin is vital in repairing skin damage. Besides, the antioxidants present in avocado oil boost the skin healing process.
Avocado oil can help dead skin cells be replaced with newer cells. It removes skin infections such as eczema and rosacea. Furthermore, it also provides a natural treatment for skin inflammation. As a result, your skin looks more vitalized and youthful.
The potassium and lecithin present in avocado oil moisturize the skin. The epidermis absorbs these nutrients. As a result, the new surface is formed. At the same time, hydration of skin prevents acne. Avocado oil also contains fatty acids and oleic acid.
These acids promote collagen formation, which is a necessary wound healing component. Vitamin D, protein and beta carotene are present in avocado oil. These components can heal sunburned skin.
- Did you know that an average adult skin has the same weight as a pug – 20 pounds?
- Avocado oil (rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats) provides your body with good cholesterol?
Additionally, consuming avocado oil helps the skin in retaining elasticity. Consequently, skin aging is slowed down. Avocado oil used with vitamin B-12 can accelerate psoriasis treatment.
So, is avocado oil good for your skin? Yes, indeed it is!
Avocado Oil Remedy Recipe
There are different ways avocado oil may be used depending on the purpose. The following method applied avocado oil for skin lightening purposes.
- Take one tablespoon of avocado oil. Mix it with ½ teaspoon of plain yogurt.
- The mixture can be hard to consume. You may add one teaspoon to lemon juice. Lemon juice has citric acid that nourishes the skin.
- One teaspoon of coconut oil can be added to the mixture. Coconut oil is a carrier oil. It dilutes avocado oil.
- After mixing well, massage your face with the mixture. At a time, it is preferable to use only small amounts of the mixture on your face.
- It is preferable to use extra virgin avocado oil for the skin as it has the most nutrition.
[Read: Benefits of Avocado Oil]
Other Ways of Using Avocado Oil for Skin
However, there are several other methods to use avocado oil for skin too. According to research, it retains maximum oil content from avocado fruit(1).
- Incorporating avocado oil in your diet can improve skin health. Avocado oil is rich in fatty acids. These acids help keep the skin hydrated. The oil can be incorporated into your diet as a salad seasoning. Moreover, it is recommended to use avocado oil for frying and grilling food. You may include it in the baking batter. It can be used as a soup topping. People prefer to consume it on their smoothie etc. extra virgin avocado oil is preferred as a culinary oil due to high natural contents in it(2).
- You can treat dry skin by an external application. Mix equal amounts of olive and avocado oils. For aromatherapy, you may add one or two drops of lavender. Any other essential oil can also be used. Apply the mixture on dry skin once or twice every day.
- For scalp care, use avocado oil for hot oil treatment. Heat three to five tablespoons of oil in a small glass made a jar. Place this jar in a container of boiling water. Test the temperature of the oil to prevent it from getting too hot. Apply the oil and leave it overnight. Rinse it out in the morning using shampoo.
- Avocado oil can also be used as a moisturizer. For this purpose, Mix avocado oil with other essential oils. Apply this mixture on the skin after a bath. Make sure your body is dry before applying the mixture.
- Avocado oil bath can be taken. Pour a few tablespoons of avocado oil in the tub. Stay in the container until your body feels soft.
- You can use avocado oil for skin toning purposes. Apply avocado oil on the face. Rinse it with warm water after 15 minutes. You can leave the oil overnight.
- Avocado oil can be applied as a face mask. Cut a ripe avocado in cubes. After that, add a small amount of avocado oil. Mash the mixture and apply it on your face. Rinse it off with warm water after fifteen minutes.
However, essential oils like avocado can be dangerous to some people. Newborn babies must be kept away from essential oils.
Similarly, some illnesses can increase if the patient is exposed to avocado oil. It is best to consult your practitioner before starting any regular treatment.
Avocado oil provides a natural remedy for multiple skin conditions. It can be used in a variety of ways for scalp, dry skin and face. The ease of use makes it convenient for all.
Moreover, it is inexpensive, readily available, and free from chemicals. Overall, avocado oil provides an effective skin remedy for many people. It can be used as a curative, preventative, and beauty treatment.
1. What Is the Best Avocado Oil for Skin?
Extra virgin avocado oil is the best avocado oil for skin.
2. What Are Some of the Avocado Oil Benefits for Skin?
Avocado oil provides moisture and treatment to damaged skin.
3. Is Avocado Oil Harmful to the Skin?
Avocado has minimal side effects from a moderate usage.