It is one of those initial signs of aging when one discovers crepey or sagging skin around the area of their upper arms. It is especially true for women who are in constant search for ways on how to get rid of crepey skin on upper arms.
Fortunately, there are some means in the name of remedies to bring in a ray of hope to the women struggling with crepey skin. However much, some treatment options can be rather expensive with side-effects as well. So, it is but natural that women frequent natural treatment options to deal with the crepey skin on arms than costly treatments.
What is Crepey Skin?
As you age, the skin tends to become flaccid and loose and it is called crepey skin. It typically affects the larger sections of the surface making it more thin and fragile as the condition progresses. So if you are looking for treatment options for how to get rid of crepey skin on upper arms apart from OTC medications, you can opt for natural remedies as well.
- Over-exposure from tanning beds
- UV radiation
- Loss or gain of substantial weight
- The absence of adequate skin moisture
- Use of medications like prednisone
- Sleep deprivation
- Poor nutrition
Who Are Vulnerable to Crepey Skin?
Sagging skin on arms can occur for almost every skin type and skin tone. However, many tend to experience an accelerated or heightened effect of this skin condition. Anyone prone to damage from the sun or with little melanin inside the skin can be highly vulnerable to this skin condition.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Crepey Skin
Are you wondering how to tighten loose skin on arms and want to stay away from prescription drugs or cosmetic surgeries, you can opt for the following natural remedies.
How to use?
- Take half a cup of boiled rice and add hot milk into it
- Add two teaspoons of honey into it and mash it well
- Apply it on your face and keep it for 20 minutes
- Wipe the face mask off and use the water in which the rice got boiled for washing the face
- Tap it dry
Rice is a wonder ingredient that contains antioxidants like squalene and linoleic acid(1) that helps in the production of collagen in the skin. Collagen is responsible for preventing wrinkling of the skin and honey gives the skin its required hydration.
Below are the listed foods to eat and avoid to get rid of Crepey Skin on Upper Arms:
Foods to Eat
Foods to Avoid
|Foods with fiber||Soda|
|Vegetables and fruits with high antioxidants like kiwis, spinach, blueberries, banana, etc.||
Yogurt and dairy products
2. Herbal Treatment
How to use?
- Cut a fresh leaf of aloe vera and scoop out its gel
- Apply it over your crepey skin and massage gently till it absorbs
- You can wash it off after some time
- Repeat this remedy on a daily basis to get a firm and glowing skin
Aloe Vera has the right amount of Vitamin E, C, and B12 along with a plethora of antioxidants. These elements can essentially help reverse any skin damage with the help of boosted collagen levels. If applied from a young age, it can also prevent the same from occurring.
3. Essential Oils
Avocado Essential Oil
How to use?
- Take 3-4 drops of essential avocado oil and add it in molten coconut oil
- Mix it well and put it in a spray bottle
- Spray it over the crepey skin and massage it gently
- You can also tap it with a cloth to soak in the extra oil
- You can keep it as well as wash it off with warm water
Thin skin on arms can get treated with the help of avocado oil(2). It flaunts a good level of protein, carotene, fatty acids, and lecithin, along with Vitamins A, E, and D.
This helps in moisturizing the skin while protecting the affected area from the effects of UV rays. This combination of essential nutrients helps boost the collagen in the skin, thereby repairing the area crippled with thin skin on arms.
[Also Read: Avocado Oil For Skin Problem]
Rosehip Essential Oil
How to use?
- Take 2-3 drops of rosehip essential oil and mix it with two tablespoons of olive oil
- Mix it well and apply it on the skin
- Wash it off after a few minutes with the help of warm water
- Repeat it on alternate days
This form of cold-pressed oil extracted from rosehip seeds house a massive amount of the skin essential Vitamin C and Vitamin A. With Vitamin C, you get a boosted level of collagen production which tightens the loose skin on arms. Vitamin A found in rosehip oil creates a strong protective barrier against oxidative damage.
4. Home Remedies
How to use?
- Take castor oil generously on your palms
- Apply it on the affected regions and massage gently
- Keep it for 3-4 hours and then wash it off
Castor oil works wonders for the crepey skin. It not only helps to lock in moisture to the surface but also helps to tighten the skin. It hydrates the skin by penetrating more in-depth to the layers.
Adding the right amount of Vitamin C into your daily diet can radically change the way your skin feels. Whether you increase the amount of Vitamin C food items in your diet or opt for oral supplements, it can help you a lot with healing the crepey skin. This essential nutrient is your answer to how to get rid of crepey skin on upper arms.
Lack of Vitamin E in the body can lead to delicate skin texture with an accelerated spread of crepey skin. So if you are looking for methods on how to get rid of crepey skin on upper arms, make sure you add a good amount of Vitamin E to your daily diet.
Vitamin E tends to serve in the form of an antioxidant that helps destroy free radicals in the skin. Any damage by UV ray can get reduced with the help of Vitamin E. Consumption of Vitamin E will help repair crepey skin with enhanced collagen production that helps with arm skin tightening.
[Also Read: Home Remedies Of Crepey Skin]
Even though crepey skin causes no significant health risks, crepey skin can impart a distorted look for someone affected by the same. This skin condition can make you look older than you are.
Being in a society that values appearance and youth, having saggy skin tends to cause uneasiness for several individuals. It is especially true for women. So keep it moisturized, maintain a balanced diet, and try to avoid long hours in the sun.