Does cherry juice help gout? There are several benefits of using the cherry extract for gout treatment. Using cherry juice for gout treatment can be highly effective due to high levels of anthocyanins.
Anthocyanins are a special kind of antioxidant that can relieve inflammation linked to gout. Using black cherry extract for gout treatment, you can lower your uric acid levels.
A build-up of uric acid in your body can trigger and aggravate gout. Cherry extracts are more effective compared to pomegranate extracts in lowering uric acid levels. At the same tie, cherry extracts increase the amount of uric acid removed via urine.
Cherry extracts can also protect from gout and act as a preventative remedy(1). Patients who take use of cherry extracts to help treat gout also have considerably less pain than before.
[Also Read: How to Cure Gout]
The treatment is also curative, reducing the symptoms attached to gout. Although the actual disease might not be fully cured, its symptoms become easier to manage for the patients.
Did you know that cherries(2) can help stabilize blood sugar levels despite being sugary?
Did you know that even having two gout attacks a year can be a symptom of chronic gout?
Cherry Extract for Gout
There are multiple ways to use cherry extracts for gout treatment. For a simple homemade remedy, use the following method.
- Processed cherry juice is available in supermarkets. However, it is preferable if you take fresh cherries and extract the juice yourself
- Take almost 2 cups of fresh cherries. It is preferable to buy black cherries. These cherries have a high content of anthocyanins compared to other cherries.
- You may use a juicer to extract the juice. Otherwise, you may place the cherries inside a cloth and squeeze them to extract the juice.
- It is recommended to take two to three servings of this cherry extract over 24 hours. Less than two meals are not very effective in reducing the symptoms of gout.
- The intake is to be repeated every day until you feel an improvement in your condition.
[Also Read: Vitamins to Prevent Gout Attack]
Moreover, people prefer other ways to intake cherry extracts too. Some of the other methods are as follows.
- Cherry extract supplements are available in most pharmacies. These pills can be orally taken once or twice a day as prescribed in the supplement’s packaging.
- You may use cherry juice as a seasoning for your salads and other food.
- You may use cherry juice as a regular drink at lunchtime or dinner time.
- Cherry juice can be added to your fruit cocktails.
- Some people prefer to mix black cherry juice with other juices such as cranberry juice or pomegranate juice. Mixing cherry juice with pomegranate juice can boost the speed of gout recovery.
- Cherry juice can be added to yogurt.
- You may blend cherry juice to make a smoothie.
[Also Read: Benefits of Yogurt]
At the same time, you may combine cherry treatment with reduced alcohol intake to boost the recovery. Similarly, quitting smoking and exercising can also help in boosting your cherry extract medication for gout.
However, they’re using black cherry juice has its risks. Some people can be allergic to black cherries. Consuming black cherry juice may cause health complications for these people.
[Also Read: Apple Cider Vinegar For Gout Pain Relief ]
Overdrinking black cherry juice may result in stomach cramps and diarrhea. Moreover, research shows that cherry extracts may only be helpful if proper primary treatment is being taken for gout. It is recommended to consult with your physician before starting any regular medication.
Your physician might advise you to incorporate black cherry juice along with some diet changes to make the treatment more effective. At the same time, if any regular cherry medication has adverse effects, you are recommended to consult your doctor immediately.
Cherry extracts can provide an effective method for gout patients to boost their treatment. The natural antioxidants in cherries help to reduce the pain and inflammation attached to gout treatment. For patients, this relaxation can help in the management of the condition.
Cherry extracts are readily available: both fresh and processed. At the same time, the treatment is not very expensive, making it a viable option for many patients.
At the same time, patients have the opportunity to select from a multitude of cherries and cherry extracts — all these features are making cherry extract treatment a useful option for gout patients.
1. Is Cherry Juice Good for Gout?
The natural antioxidants and pain-relieving properties of cherry juice make it an effective treatment for gout. It can help speed up the pace of recovery from the current medication being taken.
2. Is Black Cherry Juice Good for Gout?
Black cherry juice is highly effective for gout. This is due to the high levels of anthocyanins present in it. Also, the extract controls uric acid levels in the body. Lower uric acid levels prevent gout.
3. How Much Cherry Juice for Gout?
One glass per day is the recommended amount for most patients. Less than this amount can have no substantial effect. Consuming more than this amount can result in diarrhea and other complications. Although, your doctor might be able to prescribe the exact amount for you.