Are you suffering from Gout? Apple cider vinegar is highly effective in treating gout. You can use apple cider vinegar for gout pain relief in various ways to ease the symptoms of the disease. Read on to more how to drink apple cider vinegar and baking soda to cure gout and know how it works wonders on gout.
Has your big toe become tender and is all swollen up? Do you experience extreme pain in your toe, even the slightest touch can cause you to squeak? If yes, then you might be suffering from Gout, a complex form of arthritis caused due to excessive build-up of uric acid in the body which crystallizes in the joints causing extreme pain and tenderness.
Recent years have seen an increase in cases of Gout due to the rise in obesity. Middle-aged or older men are primarily affected by it; however, women in their postmenopausal stage might also experience the symptoms of gout. Severe pain in the joints can affect your routine life, but the good news is that there are treatments available for the condition. This article discusses the benefit of using apple cider vinegar for gout.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies to Treat Gout]
Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout
Before understanding why to use apple cider vinegar, it is essential to know what apple cider vinegar is. Here you get to know everything about the wondrous liquid. Apple cider vinegar is a dark, viscous liquid obtained from fermenting apples. First, fresh apples are crushed and pressed to squeeze out the juice, and then yeast is added to the juice to turn it into alcohol. After that, acetic acid bacteria turns the alcohol into acetic acid. The process takes a lot of time.
Containing the goodness of apples and the benefits of fermentation; apple cider vinegar is a potent liquid with magical properties that can treat various ailments. This magic potion is also great for relieving your gout(1) troubles.
Why Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout?
Apple cider vinegar for treating gout has lately become quite popular. Here are the reasons as to why you should choose apple cider vinegar as a natural remedy for gout and how it works in easing the symptom.
- Apple cider vinegar is known to contain amino acids that can lower the toxicity level of your body by eradicating the toxins accumulated in your body
- Excess of uric acid in your body that enters the bloodstream and crystallizes in the joints causes the joints to swell and become tender. It is the primary cause of gout. Apple cider vinegar provides you relief from the condition by directly attacking the root cause of it. Malic acid present in it dissolves the uric acid present in your bloodstream, thus alleviating the terrible symptoms
- does apple cider vinegar help gout? Yes it has an abundant amount of
- Apple cider vinegar also provides you with an abundant amount of potassium which helps in the removal of waste from your body
- Though apple cider vinegar is acidic, it converts into an alkaline substance upon entering your body and helps your body in getting rid of the toxic build-up while balancing the pH level of your blood and other vital organs. Thus, it effectively reduces the symptoms of gout and prevents the conditions that may result in it
- Also, apple cider vinegar is known to contain potent anti-inflammatory properties that can ease the swelling and pain associated with gout
[Also Read: Low Purine Diet to Treat Gout]
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout?
Apple cider vinegar is highly effective in treating gout. You can use it in various ways to ease the symptoms of the disease. Below mentioned are the ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout.
1. Drink apple cider vinegar solution
The most effective way to treat gout is to take in apple cider vinegar and let it work from inside. However, the point to keep in mind is that you must drink apple cider vinegar solution after meals.
How to use it?
- Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in 250 ml of warm water and drink the solution
- If you cannot bear the taste of it, then replace water with freshly extracted fruit juice
- Drink the apple cider vinegar solution two times a day to get visible results
2. Apply apple cider vinegar topically
Topical application of apple cider vinegar can help ease the pain and swelling caused due to gout.
How to use it?
- Pour out three to four tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Soak a clean cloth in it
- After that, put the cloth on the affected joint and wrap it around
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and use a bandage to secure it
- After that, leave it overnight
- Repeat the process every other day to get quick relief
3. Make a foot bath using Apple Cider Vinegar
Dip your swollen toes in the apple cider vinegar bath to ease all your trouble quickly.
How to use it?
- Add a cup of apple cider vinegar to a bucket of hot water
- Soak your legs or hand in the solution for about 30 minutes
- Repeat the process daily to ease the pain and swelling of joints
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy
The acidity of apple cider vinegar helps treat gout. It dissolves the uric acid present in the bloodstream and aids in the elimination of toxins accumulated in the body. Further, being anti-inflammatory it eases the swelling in the joints and reduces the pain associated with the condition. Using apple cider vinegar for gout faithfully will lessen your troubles easily.
[Also Read: CBD Oil for Gout Relief]
Other ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar for Gout
You can multiply the effects of apple cider vinegar by adding other natural substances to it so as to get quick relief. Here are some other ways to use apple cider vinegar for gout treatment.
1. Apple cider vinegar and baking soda for gout
Make a powerful concoction using apple cider vinegar and baking soda and consume it to treat gout symptoms. To make the solution, mix one-fourth teaspoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 250 ml of warm water.
Mix the ingredients well and drink the solution. You must drink it two times a day to get effective relief from the trouble. Baking soda(2) reduces the acidity of apple cider vinegar thus decreasing the uric acid levels in your body.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
Honey not only betters the taste of apple cider vinegar but being an anti-inflammatory itself, it also increases the anti-inflammatory effect of the drink.
Thus, adding honey to apple cider vinegar is the most effective way to get relief from the symptoms of the condition: Add two tablespoons of honey and a tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in 250 ml of warm water. Mix all the ingredients into a uniform mixture and drink it immediately. Taking the solution two times a day for some time will give you the desired results.
3. Apple cider vinegar with Cayenne Pepper
To further strengthen the anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar, you can add in cayenne pepper to it which is a natural anti-inflammatory(3) agent and can ease the pain and swelling associated with the condition. Mix a teaspoon of powdered cayenne pepper in two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Stir the ingredients and apply the mixture on the affected area. Apply it daily and see the symptoms of the condition at ease quickly.
The symptoms of gout are terrible and bothersome. The situation can worsen during the night time. Hence, to evade the trouble you can take up apple cider vinegar in the night. The potent properties of the drink can effectively manage the pain, swelling and burning associated with gout.
Further, the topical application of it can significantly reduce the inflammation and accelerate the recovery process. Hence, you can use apple cider vinegar for gout to quicken the reduction in the terrible symptoms of the condition. It provides you with effective results and is safe if taken in moderate amounts.
1. Is soaking your feet good for gout?
Soaking your feet in warm water mixed with Epsom salt is one of the best remedies to treat Gout. The high levels of magnesium present in Epsom salt are proven to reduce high blood pressure. Thus, soaking your feet can reduce the swelling.
2. Is Turmeric good for gout?
Curcumin present in Turmeric has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. So, when suffering from Gout, trying Turmeric can help you relieve the symptoms.
3. Do vitamins help gout?
Research states that Vitamin C helps in lowering uric acid levels in people suffering from Gout. Some studies show that vitamin C can help lower uric acid levels in people who have gout. One can take Vitamin C in the form of food or supplements.