Foot health is imperative. In general, most people worry or care for their feet when they have blisters or injuries. But did you know that taking proper care of foot helps in enriching the health and preventing many diseases?
Daily activities like going to the office or even working at home can become a burden when the foot is in an abnormal condition. In cases of chronic diseases like diabetes or arthritis, it becomes even more essential to take proper care of your foot.
Apple cider vinegar as a home remedy is often the most preferred option by health enthusiasts to treat various conditions. It plays a vital role in alleviating dry, cracky, flaky feet, or peeling toenails. ACV is known to build healthy feet and also prevent any dier conditions. Read on to know more about Apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is getting quite popular as an alternative to treat various skin conditions. It is prepared by extracting the fresh juice of apples, which is then fermented by adding yeast.
The fermented liquid contains various essential components of apples with combined goodness of natural fermentation process.
Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Soak Benefits
Apple cider Vinegar has some remarkable properties which are highly beneficial for feet. Here are some reasons as to why you should make apple cider vinegar foot soak:
1. Moisturizing Agent
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent source to soothe dry feet. The acidic properties of it also treat cracked heels and moisturize the feet.
Scrub your feet after soaking them in the mixture to clear the dead skin layer and get smooth feet. Do not forget to follow up with a moisturizer
2. Odor Neutralizer
Apple cider vinegar works as a natural odor neutralizer, which helps in getting rid of smelly feet and also gives it a feeling of freshness. Dipping your feet in apple cider vinegar foot soak will help in restoring the skin’s pH levels and eliminating the harmful bacteria that are responsible for the foul odor.
3. Anti-inflammatory Agent
The skin-soothing and anti-inflammatory properties of Apple cider vinegar make it an excellent source to reduce pain and inflammation.
4. Fungicidal Action
Apple cider vinegar is loaded with potent antifungal and antimicrobial components. It helps bright foot fungus and toenail fungal infections. ACV is also one of the widely used natural remedies for treating athlete’s foot.
5. Relaxing Properties
Dip your feet in Apple cider vinegar to get rid of all the fatigue and tiredness after a long tiring day.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Foot Soak?
From relieving you of the tiredness to preventing fungal infections and improving skin texture, apple cider vinegar foot soak has numerous advantages.
[Read: Coconut Oil for Athlete’s Foot ]
Here are some of the best recipes for Apple cider vinegar foot soak that can effectively rejuvenate your feet:
1. Apple cider vinegar and water
- Take a large bowl or soak tub
- Add apple cider vinegar and warm water in the ratio 1:2
- Now dip your feet in the solution for about fifteen minutes
- After that, take out your feet and pat them dry
2. Apple cider vinegar and Epsom salt
- Add warm water to a foot soak container or a large bowl.
- Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar and two to three tablespoons of baking soda.
- Mix the contents and soak your feet in the solution for thirty minutes.
It will moisten your feet and soften the dead skin, which can be easily removed by scrubbing. Once you have cleaned your feet, wash them with regular water, and pat them dry. Also, do not forget to apply ample moisturizer to keep the skin smooth and healthy.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Green tea
The combined solution of Apple cider vinegar and green tea exhibits rejuvenating and stress-relieving properties. Thus, it acts as an excellent solution to alleviate fatigue in the feet.
- Add half a cup of Apple cider vinegar to a cup of green tea in warm water.
- Soak your feet in the solution for thirty minutes.
Later, wash your wet feet with warm water and pat them dry.
4. Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar Solution
A solution of baking soda and apple cider vinegar is a perfect remedy to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria or fungi that results from excessive sweating.
- Fill the foot soak container with four cups of warm water.
- Add four cups of apple cider vinegar and half a cup of baking soda.
- Mix the solution and dip your feet in it for ten minutes.
[Read: Benefits of Baking Soda ]
5. Oatmeal with Apple Cider Vinegar
Oatmeal with Apple cider vinegar works effectively in getting rid of calluses and dry & hard skin.
- Add warm water to a foot soak container.
- Next, put a cup of oatmeal(2) in the container wrapped in a muslin cloth and follow it up with half a cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Now soak your feet in the solution for thirty minutes.
Oatmeal and apple cider vinegar moisten your skin and soften the dry skin, which can be easily scrubbed off by using a pumice stone. After you have scrubbed your feet, wash them with plain water, and pat them dry. Also, do moisturize your feet after soaking them in this solution.
You can use this remedy for two to three weeks to treat such mild infections. Also, the calming effect of it helps ease the irritated, dry skin of the feet.
[ Read: Apple Cider Vinegar Bath ]
Apple cider vinegar possesses some miraculous properties, which make it highly beneficial in treating various issues related to your feet. However, there are also some points to consider when you are using apple cider vinegar foot soak for your feet. Have a look at the following:
- Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic; hence you must use it in diluted form only. Applying it directly on your feet can harm your skin. Using undiluted apple cider vinegar can cause skin burns.
- You must check your feet for deep cracks or wounds before dipping them in apple cider vinegar foot soak. You should use the foot soak only when there are no visible cracks or openings. Using it on open wounds can cause intense pain and worsen the condition.
- If soaking your feet in the apple cider vinegar solution irritates your skin, then remove your feet immediately and wash them with soap and water.
The Bottom Line
In the hectic lifestyles of today, when you are busy accomplishing your goals and tasks, your feet go through a lot. If you wish to continue your tireless spree towards achieving your goals, it is essential that your feet remain healthy and happy. You can accomplish this by making a simple apple cider vinegar foot soak that rejuvenates you by alleviating muscle soreness and exhaustion.
So, what are you waiting for? Give the foot soak made using apple cider vinegar a try, and after that, you are not going to give it a miss even a single day.
1. Does soaking feet in apple cider vinegar reduce swelling?
Yes, it does as ACV is an anti-inflammatory agent; it does help in the reduction of redness of the wound and swelling.
2. How often should you soak your feet in apple cider vinegar?
You could start by soaking your feet for about 10-25 minutes daily in a vinegar bath, and eventually, you could increase the length of soaking time.
3. How long should you soak your feet?
You should soak your feet for only about 10-25 minutes in a single soaking session.