Your feet are the most ignored part of your body. These carry you to places and are most vulnerable to dirt, germs, and infections, yet little care is taken of them. Have a look at your feet. Most of you will have cracked heels, dry, flaky skin, peeling toenails, etc., yet they suffer from your negligence.
These do not receive attention unless there develops some severe infection. Beautiful feet are as important as a beautiful face. These do not require much care; a little pampering is enough to make them happy. Dip them in an apple cider vinegar foot soak and get beautiful feet without any fuss.
Read on to know more about Apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is getting quite popular as an alternative to treat various skin conditions. It is because, the dark, viscous liquid is obtained after fermenting apples and thus contains the combined goodness of apples as well as the natural fermentation process. It is prepared by extracting the fresh juice of apples which is then fermented by adding yeast.
The yeast slowly converts this juice into alcohol. After that, if you continue the fermentation process, then the alcohol turns into acetic acid giving you a fantastic product known as apple cider vinegar. This dark and thick liquid was initially used in recipes to add in extra flavor but is now prominently used for curing various health conditions.
Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Soak Benefits
Apple cider Vinegar has some remarkable properties which make it highly beneficial for your feet. Here are some reasons as to why you should make apple cider vinegar foot soak:
- Apple cider vinegar can help soothe dry feet. When you soak your feet in the apple cider vinegar solution, the acidic properties of it works on the dry skin and cracked heels and moisten them. Scrub your feet after soaking them in the mixture to clear the dead skin layer and get smooth feet. Do not forget to follow up with a moisturizer
- Apple cider vinegar works as a natural odor neutralizer. Thus, it is an excellent remedy for those with smelly feet. Dipping your feet in apple cider vinegar foot soak will help in restoring the skin’s pH levels and eliminating the bacteria present on the skin surface which causes the foul odor. A dip in the foot soak will leave your feet smelling fresh
- Inflamed feet and painful heels can be relieved by soaking your feet in apple cider vinegar solution. It is because apple cider vinegar has skin soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce pain and inflammation
- Apple cider vinegar can effectively fight foot fungus. It is because the potent liquid has strong antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties that can help clear the fungal deposition on your feet. Both athlete’s foot and toenail infection can be effectively treated with apple cider vinegar in their early stages
- One can get rid of all the fatigue and tiredness after a long tiring day by dipping their feet in the foot soak
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Foot Soak?
From relieving you of the tiredness to preventing fungal infections and improving skin texture, apple cider vinegar foot soak has numerous advantages. Here is how you can make the foot soak and enjoy the numerous benefits.
How to make?
- Take a large bowl or soak tub
- Add to it apple cider vinegar and warm water in the ratio 1:2
- Now dip your feet in the solution for about fifteen minutes
- After that, take out your feet and pat them dry
[Read: Coconut Oil for Athlete’s Foot ]
Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Soak Benefits
Apple cider vinegar is known to possess anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antifungal properties which makes it quite useful in treating fungal infections and foot pain(1). You can use this remedy for two to three weeks to treat such mild infections. Also, the calming effect of it helps ease the irritated, dry skin of the feet.
Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Soak Recipes
Here are some other powerful recipes for making a rejuvenating foot soak using apple cider vinegar.
1. Apple cider vinegar and Epsom salt
Epsom salt(2), when added to apple cider vinegar, increases its skin-soothing and moisturizing effect. Thus, those suffering from dry and cracked heels can try this remedy for quick relief. Add warm water to a foot soak container or a large bowl.
To it add half a cup of apple cider vinegar and two to three tablespoons of baking soda. Mix the contents and soak in your feet in the solution for thirty minutes.
It will moisten your feet and soften the dead skin which can be easily removed by scrubbing. Once, you have cleaned your feet wash them with regular water and pat them dry. Also, do not forget to apply ample moisturizer to keep the skin smooth and healthy.
2. Green Tea to Apple Cider Vinegar Foot Soak
After an exhaustive day, it is natural for your feet to feel tired. If they are aching quite a bit, then pamper them with a foot soak made using apple cider vinegar and green tea. It has a rejuvenating effect on your feet and relieves them of all the fatigue. To make the foot soak, add half a cup of apple cider vinegar and a cup of green tea in warm water. Soak your feet in the solution for at least thirty minutes. The soothing and anti-inflammatory properties of both green tea and apple cider vinegar alleviate the pain and tiredness and make your feet happy again.
3. Baking Soda to Apple Cider Vinegar Solution
Bad odor from your feet is due to the growth of bacteria and fungi which is a result of excessive sweating. Get rid of it quickly by using baking soda and apple cider vinegar foot soak. Fill your foot soak container with four cups of warm water. Next, add in four cups of apple cider vinegar and one and a half cup of baking soda. Mix the content well and dip your feet in the solution for ten minutes. Both apple cider vinegar and baking soda being antimicrobial, fight off the microbes present on your feet and prevent their further accumulation, thus giving you fresh smelling feet.
[Read: Benefits of Baking Soda ]
4. Oatmeal with Apple Cider Vinegar
With so much friction that your feet go through, it is natural for them to develop hard, dry skin and calluses, etc. Get rid of it quickly with this apple cider vinegar and oatmeal foot soak. Add in warm water to foot soak container.
Next, put a cup of oatmeal(3) in the container wrapped in a muslin cloth and follow it up with half a cup of apple cider vinegar. Now soak your feet in the solution for thirty minutes. Oatmeal and apple cider vinegar moisten your skin and soften the dry skin which can be easily scrubbed off by using a pumice stone. After you have scrubbed your feet, wash them with plain water and pat them dry. Also, do moisturize them.
Apple cider vinegar possesses some miraculous properties which make it highly beneficial in treating various issues related to your feet. However, there are also some points to consider when you are using apple cider vinegar foot soak for your feet. Have a look at the following:
- Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic; hence you must use it in diluted form only. Applying it directly on your feet can harm your skin. Using undiluted apple cider vinegar can cause skin burns
- You must check your feet for deep cracks or wounds before dipping them in apple cider vinegar foot soak. You should use the foot soak only when there are no visible cracks or openings. Using it on open wounds can cause intense pain and further harm you
- If soaking your feet in the apple cider vinegar solution irritates your skin, then remove your feet immediately and wash them with soap and water
In the hectic lifestyles of today, when you are busy accomplishing your goals and tasks, your feet go through a lot. If you wish to continue your tireless spree towards achieving your goals, it is essential that your feet remain healthy and happy. You can accomplish this by making a simple apple cider vinegar foot soak that rejuvenates you by alleviating muscle soreness and exhaustion.
It also, helps you get rid of the foul smell from your feet. Submerging your feet in the apple cider vinegar solution can also prevent your feet from contracting fungal infections which are quite common and even treat them in their early stages. So, what are you waiting for? Give the foot soak made using apple cider vinegar a try, and after that, you are not going to give it a miss even a single day.