There are hot jocks in high school, and there is a jock itch. Almost every unfortunate man on earth has had a brush with the annoying and irritating jock itch. By wearing stylish pants and tight jeans throughout the day, one can hardly prevent the entrapping of sweat and moisture in the jock area – the space between the scrotum and the thighs.
The daily accumulation of sweat and moisture makes the skin a breeding ground for fungus, which spreads in the form of fungal infection or what we call, jock itch. Jock itch manifests in the form of red and itchy skin rashes but can be cured with the application of tea tree essential oil. One of the best remedies is tea tree oil for jock itch.
How Does Tea Tree Oil for Jock Itch Work?
Tea tree oil for jock itch(1) is a potent cure. Tea tree essential oil is vested with potent antifungal properties. When it comes to the natural treatment of jock itch, the application of tea tree essential oil inhibits the fungal action and cures the infection.
Extensive medical research suggests a topical application of diluted tea tree essential oil for the treatment of ringworm of the body and scalp and other fungal infections like athlete’s foot.
Tea tree essential oil is rich in potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. The administration of the essential oil helps to cure the inflammation and oxidative damage of the skin. Furthermore, it can also help with the natural alleviation of scaling, redness, itching, and other symptoms of ringworm infection or jock itch.
How Does Jock Itch Occur?
Ringworm or jock itch is a type of fungal infection(2) of the scalp or skin. Jock itch can occur if you come in contact with a fungus-infected animal, person, or items. The infection triggers the appearance of an itchy and red rash, circular in shape as like worm.
Jock itch is contagious. Here are some of the leading causes of jock itch.
- Contact with another individual: Jock itch spreads by the contact between skin.
- Contact with pets: Ringworm is especially prevalent in cows. So if you are scrubbing and bathing the cows, then make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly with disinfectant soaps and water after your skin comes in contact with the cows.
- Contact with objects: The fungus of jock itch tends to linger on clothes, combs, towels, brushes, and combs. If you come in contact with these objects, then you could contract jock itch.
- Contact with soil: If you stand or walk barefoot, then you might get infected with ringworm that can in turn cause jock itch.
Whatever be the cause, tea tree oil for jock itch works by curing the inflammation and infection of the skin in no time.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Jock Itch?
Check with a dermatologist to ensure that the application of tea tree essential oil is safe for you. Do a patch test first to make sure that the oil does not trigger any allergic reactions.
- Apply a small amount of the essential oil on the skin and rub it off instantly with cold water if the skin stings or itches. If there is no such adverse effect, then proceed with the cure.
- Add a tablespoon of carrier oil to a teaspoon of tea tree essential oil. Dip a sterile cotton ball into the oil mixture and dab the rash with it.
Follow this remedy of tea tree essential oil for jock itch twice-thrice a day for the cure of ringworm.
Ringworm might make you feel uncomfortable with the itchiness and constant burning sensation in the jock area. But you can bid a sweet farewell to the rash with the goodness of tea tree essential oil that works wonders for the cure of the infection and rejuvenates the health and beauty of the skin.
[Also Read: Benefits of Tea Tree Oil]
1. What Is Jock Itch?
Jock itch is a fungal infection of the skin around the thigh and the scrotum, which results in the appearance of red and itchy rashes.
2. What Are the Symptoms of Jock Itch?
The symptoms of jock itch includes the appearance of a red and itchy rash in a circular pattern on the skin.
3. What Are the Causes of Jock Itch?
Jock itch occurs when moisture gets trapped between the scrotum and thighs, resulting in the appearance of itchy and red skin rash.