The urge to scratch especially in the groin area is difficult to resist. As such you will need to take a leave and rush to the restroom. But that does not resolve your trouble, because if you are suffering from a fungal infection of the groin, then the itch is likely to return sooner than you thought. Jock itch is something very annoying but common. Remaining tight lip about it will not solve your trouble; instead, try some ease home treatments for how to get rid of a Jock itch. These surprisingly solve all your problems.
What is jock itch?
Jock itch is a fungal infection of the groin medically termed as tinea cruris. It results in the formation of a rash with blisters or bumps. Jock Itch is caused by an overgrowth of fungi known as dermatophytes in the groin area. You can get Jock itch by
• Fungal infection
• Friction between the thigh and groin area
• Tight underwear or pants
• Wearing sweaty clothes for extended time periods
Symptoms of Jock Itch:
• Constant itching
• Burning sensation
• Peeling or flaking of the skin
• Discoloration of the skin
How to get rid of a Jock itch naturally?
While men are more prone to Jock Itch, women are not immune to it. Jock itch in women is common too. The infection is highly contagious and spreads via skin to skin contact or touching an infected object.
The persistent itching is much annoying and miserable, besides if not treated, the infection can further lead to severe complications. Here are some easy ways for how to get rid of a jock itch. Try these home remedies and get rid of the trouble quickly.
Foods that can help treat Jock itch
How to cure Jock Itch with Lemon?
The jock itch smell and the itch can be effectively treated by using lemon. Get rid of your troubles fast by using this lemon remedy.
How to use?
• Add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in a teaspoon of water
• Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it on the affected area
• Leave it for about five minutes and then wash off with water
Benefits of lemon
Lemon is highly effective in treating jock itch as it has potent antimicrobial properties that fight off the build-up of fungus and aid in the elimination of the infection.
Lemon juice is acidic; hence, it might sting. It if stings too much, then wash off the area immediately.
Foods to eat
A weakened immune system increases your vulnerability to infections like jock itch. If you wish to treat it fast and prevent such infections in the future, then include the following healthy foods in your diet.
• Meat and poultry
• Nuts and seeds
• Gluten-free grains
• Foods to avoid
Certain foods are detrimental for your health and increase the risk of developing fungal infections like jock itch. These include:
• Dried fruits
• Fermented foods
• Baked goods
• Glutenous grains
Herbal Treatments for curing Jock Itch
How to get rid of a Jock Itch with Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera is a wonder plant with miraculous properties. It can help treat every kind of skin infection including Jock itch. Aloe vera is one of the safest home remedies for how to get rid of a jock itch.
How to use?
• Take an aloe vera leaf
• Cut it and squeeze out the fresh aloe vera gel
• Apply the pure aloe vera gel on the jock itch rash
• Repeat the process two to three times in a day for some time to see the symptoms of jock itch disappear.
Benefits of aloe vera
Aloe vera is known for its soothing and healing properties which make it highly effective in reducing the skin irritation and burning caused due to the infection. Regular application of aloe vera gel can also treat the jock itch blisters. Its antiseptic properties disinfect the area and prevent the fungal infection from spreading.
Those who wish to see quick results must use freshly extracted aloe vera gel only. The store-bought gels might not provide you with the desired results.
Essential oils for getting rid of a Jock Itch
How to treat a Jock Itch with tea tree oil?
Jock itch in men is a common issue. The symptoms of fungal infection like itching, blisters, and burning, cause much discomfort. Those looking for how to get rid of a jock itch and ease its symptoms must try tea tree oil. The potent oil made from plant extracts can dramatically reduce the signs of the infection, and you will notice a visible difference overnight.
How to use?
• Mix three to four drops of tea tree oil in 5 ml of coconut oil
• Apply the blend on the infected region using a cotton ball
• Repeat the process two times every day to cure the infection
• Pour a few drops of the tea tree oil in warm bathwater
• Soak in it for about ten to fifteen minutes. It effectively inhibits the growth of the infection.
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
Get rid of Jock itch bumps and rash easily with tea tree oil. The potent oil is known to contain compounds that have antifungal properties that fight off the fungus which causes the infection. It is a natural germicide and antiseptic; thus, is an excellent option for those looking for how to stop the spread of jock itch.
Tea tree oil is highly potent hence it must be used in diluted form. Application of the oil might sting a bit, but that is how the oil works. However, if it hurts badly, then wash off the oil immediately.
Home remedies for clearing Jock Itch
How to get rid of a Jock itch using Apple Cider Vinegar?
Looking for some easy home treatment to get rid of the annoying jock itch on penis? Try using apple cider vinegar. It is one of the best home remedies for how to get rid of jock itch. The miraculous properties of the vinegar efficiently treat the infection and quickly ease its symptoms.
How to use?
• Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar in two cups of water
• Slightly warm the mixture
• Take a washcloth and dip it in solution
• After that, place it on the affected area for five to ten minutes
• Remove it and pat your skin dry
• Repeat the remedy two to three times a day to treat the fungal infection
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can effectively treat the jock itch on the balls owing to its potent antifungal properties. Besides, it also has natural drying properties that aid in the elimination of the fungus which survives in the moist conditions.
Apple Cider Vinegar is highly acidic, do not use it on open cuts and wounds.
How to cure Jock Itch with oatmeal and Epsom Salt bath?
Jock itch on the scrotum or anywhere else in the groin area can be quickly eliminated with oatmeal and Epsom salt bath. It is one of the easiest natural remedies for how to get rid of jock itch and gives you quick results.
How to use?
• Add warm water to your bathtub
• To the bathwater, add a cup of Epsom salt and two cups of oatmeal
• After that, soak in the bathwater for about twenty minutes
• And then rinse your body with plain water
• Repeat this every day to get relief from jock itch
Benefits of oatmeal and Epsom salt bath
Epsom salt has antifungal properties that help treat the infection. Further, it being hygroscopic absorbs all the moisture from the affected area which is one of the prime factors of fungal growth. On the other hand, oatmeal has soothing properties and works to reduce the itchiness of the affected area and soothes the skin. This bathwater remedy is highly effective in treating female jock itch as well.
Check the temperature of the bathwater before soaking in it. It should be tolerable and not too hot.
How to prevent Jock Itch?
Here are a few prevention tips that can help you in evading the terrible jock itch:
• Keep your groin area dry.
• Wear clean clothes
• Do not wear too tightfitting clothes
• Do not share your personal belongings like towels, clothing, etc.
• Maintain personal hygiene
Jock itch is a terrible experience. The persistent itching and the burning sensation can make you feel quite miserable. However, you can overcome the condition quickly by employing the natural remedies for how to get rid of a jock itch, mentioned above. These are safe for your groin area and give you visible results upon continuous application.