Did you know that 3 out of 4 people in the world have Acne? Yes, true indeed! This is caused due to skin inflammation resulting in spots and pimples on the face, shoulders, back, chest, neck and upper arms. Though it is not a deadly disease, it tends to leave long-lasting marks on the skin.
An unhealthy lifestyle, unclean eating habits, stress and lack of physical activity are the reasons for acne.
This situation can be dealt with very easily with Tea Tree oil.
Types of Acne:
- Fungal acne
- Large, stable, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin.
- Painful, pus-filled lumps that could be found beneath the surface of the skin.
Multiple causes trigger acne in your body, some of the leading causes which the health care experts have derived are as follows:
- Hormone imbalancePuberty
- Specific Medication
- Lack of proper diet
- Family History
- Use of greasy or oily cosmetics
- Family History
- Use of greasy or oily cosmetics
About the Oil
Tea tree oil has a unique name designated to it. There are chances you might take it for the tea we use in our kitchens. Tea tree oil comes from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia, that is found in Queensland and New South Wales, Australia. Melaleuca alternifolia is commonly called as tea tree.
[Also Read: Natural Treatments for Acne]
Tea tree oil can be used for multiple purposes. Some of the most common usages of this oil are stated below:
1. Hand Sanitizer
Tea tree oil has many qualities, one of these qualities is, killing germs and bacteria. Thus, saving us from different illnesses such as cold, flu and more.
2. Insect Repellent
Tea tree oil is said to be a good mosquito repellent, tea tree oil is said to be better than DEET, DEET is the most common ingredient used in commercial insect repellents.
3. Natural Deodorant
It is said to sweat is not the reason for your sick body odor, when this sweat is combined with the bacteria present on the skin, it creates a foul smell from your body.
4. Boost Wound Healing
Tea tree oil helps in preventing infection when our body is wounded when our wounds are not infected the wound can be healed at a higher rate.
[Also Read: Essential Oils for Acne]
Why use this oil for this ailment?
Adult acne, as well as baby acne, are prevalent conditions, and it is not necessary that a person runs to a health care expert for small, small reasons. The use of tea tree essential oil is quite simple, and the thing that makes us use this product is, the ease in usage and at the same time the qualities yielded by this product.
Tea tree oil is all about quality. It gives us satisfaction even if we are using 5% of these oils for our skin.
Tea tree oil is extracted from trees thus making it full organic, and there are minimal chances of facing side effects. Whereas, there are more chances to that we might face side effects from chemical drugs prescribed by our health care experts.
How to use this oil
To use tea tree oil, you should follow the below-given steps:
1. You should first start with washing your face. Use cleanser or skin friendly soap to clean the area that has acne. After washing your face, dry your face correctly so that no moisture remains on the face as tea tree oil should be applied on dry skin only.
The reason behind washing your face before the use of tea tree oil is quite simple; tea tree oil works best when the skin is clean and dry.
2. Your second step will be, of using tea tree oil on a right spot on your skin. Apply a little quantity of this oil on your skin and let it be there for a couple of minutes. If the oil is not irritating your skin, it is okay to use. Otherwise, you should not use it. But still, if you don’t want to waste your money, you can dilute it so much that your skin accepts it.
3. This step is mostly related to the second step, if you can’t see your money going to waste and still after diluting tea tree oil it is not helping your skin you should probably mix it with Aloe Vera get or some other home remedy, as even 5% of this oil is as effective as other solutions for acne.
4. Now we will learn how to apply this oil to the spot of acne. Just pour few droplets of this oil onto a cotton piece it could be a bud or a pad, or you can use a tissue or your fingertip.
The next step would be applying it on to your skin. Gently apply the oil directly onto a pimple, the oil will be penetrated your skin and unblock the sebaceous glands. Apart from unblocking the sebaceous glands it also helps to disinfect pores, dry out whiteheads, blackheads and pimples.
5. After applying the tea tree oil on the acne, you should leave that spot as it is, that is, leave the tea tree oil over the acne for few hours and if using in the night time then leave the tea tree oil for the night. After a few hours or after waking you should use plain warm water to wash your face so that you can identify the difference.
6. The last step is superfluous but necessary, to get proper results, you should use this treatment once or twice a week so that the tree tea oil can eliminate the bacteria and cleanse your skin by cleaning the pores on a regular basis. The time is not constant you can apply it whenever you have the time and personal space.
A DIY recipe involving this oil
1. Add tea tree oil to a homemade face scrub
In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup of olive oil, ½ cup of sugar, one tablespoon of honey and almost ten drops of tea tree oil. Gently massage this mixture onto your wet face for 2-5 minutes. After 2-5 minutes you can wash the mixture off your face with the usage of warm water.
2. DIY TEA TREE OIL ACNE TREATMENT
The ingredients used in this recipe are as follows:
- 12 drops of 100% pure tea tree essential oil
- Two tablespoons of 100% pure Aloe Vera Gel
- ½ teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
Fill a small bowl with tea tree oil and Aloe Vera gel. After this, add coconut oil. Now blend all three ingredients to prepare a mixture your product is prepared. For safekeeping shift the mixture from the small bowl to a utensil having a lid to cover it up and then keep it in a cool and dry place.
To use this recipe, you should apply this mixture on your clean face with a clean hand before sleeping. Keep this mixture on your face overnight. The proper process for removing this mixture is, to wash your face with warm water and adequately dry it with a clean towel.
You can also use this treatment for spot treat acne by just using a dab over a pimple.
The time that would be taken in preparing this mixture would be round about 4-5 minutes and the mixture prepared can be used for 2-3 nights.
● If you are planning to go on a trip or vacation where you will be exposed to the sun for long hours, you should give tea tree oil a break.
● If you are new to this product and feeling a sensation of burning, or it is making your skin dry or red, my friend, you should stop using it as these are not the signs of healing, but these are some of the side effects associated to tea tree oils.
● It is rightly said, “Everything Should be done in Limit”. Same is the case with tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is a stable liquid; it should only be used once in a day if used more than once it might cause problems for you.
● Another important fact that you should etch in your memory is, if you are using tea tree oil, you should not try to cover it with anything that is bandages or plastic.
● As said earlier, tea tree oil is a stable liquid, so the first thing that you should always remember is that it should always be diluted and even if it is well diluted, you should not try to apply it on your full face as a face mask.
● If by accident you have used undiluted tea tree oil you can have the following side effects namely
1. Additional redness.
4. There is also a probability that the affected area can get itchy and uncomfortable.
● If tea tree oil is not used in a tidy manner that is if you are using this oil multiple times a day, there are chances that you will sense irritation and worse, the things you are trying to cure will be visible to the whole world in an ugly manner, yes, I am talking about the scars.
● When buying a tea tree oil always make sure it is 100% pure, the reason behind it is, if the tea tree oil is not 100% pure there are chances that you are applying different types of chemicals on your skin which might be unknown to you.
● You should never add tea tree oils to your cosmetics such as moisturiser, facial oil, serum, face mask or toner if you are thinking to
apply it to your whole face.
● If you are using other treatment for acne, you should not use tea tree oil. What I am trying to say here is, tea tree oil and other treatment for acne should not go hand in hand. If you want to use both then, you have to bear the consequences.
● You should be aware of your skin type before using tea tree oil. If your skin is dry, flaking, scaly or irritated. There are chances of severe side effects.
● If you are a person, who likes to exercise this one goes out only for you. If you want to tea tree oil, you should wait until your body is cooled down.
Other Home Remedies for Acne
1. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider is a perfect agent for exterminating multiple types of bacteria and viruses. Apple cider contains several organic acids such as succinic acid and lactic acid. Lactic acid is said to enhance the appearance of acne scars whereas succinic acid is said to have a unique property to suppress inflammation which may cause scarring. Now the question stands on how you can use apple cider vinegar. The following steps will give you an insight on how to use apple cider vinegar
● Mix 1-part apple cider vinegar and three parts water. The water ratio can increase according to the sensitivity of your skin.
● After washing your face and drying it properly, gently apply this mixture on your skin using a cotton ball.
● Leave the mixture on your skin for 5.20 seconds, after that was the mixture that is on your face and gently dry your face.
● Repeat this process in a loop of 1-2 times a day according to your requirements.
When using apple cider vinegar always keep in mind that it should be appropriately diluted with water otherwise there are chances of burns and irritation.
2. Make a Honey and Cinnamon Mask
Honey and cinnamon are said to be one of the best sources for antioxidants. Honey and cinnamon have antibacterial properties because of which it can be used for acne medicines. Honey and cinnamon have the properties to fight bacteria and inflammation due to which they are instrumental during the time of acne.
You can prepare honey and cinnamon mask by following the below given steps:
● Mix 1 teaspoon cinnamon and two tablespoon honey to form a paste.
● After washing up and drying your face, apply the paste on your skin and leave it there for 10-15 minutes.
● After 10-15 minutes wash off the mixture from your skin and dry that portion.
3. Reduce Stress
Stress is linked directly to an increase in acne severity. When a person is stressed, the hormone realized might increase sebum production and skin inflammation. At the time of stress, the healing process gets lagged by up to 40%, because of which acne repair can take time.
Some of the ways by which you can reduce stress are given below:
● You should get plenty of sleep.
● You should be physically active
● You should start your day with Yoga followed by Meditation or vice-versa.
4. Exercise regularly
Exercise is the main gateway to a healthy body. With exercise and peaceful piece of mind, we can battle any illness. Health care experts also recommend exercising even if you are fit. In this case, Exercise promotes blood circulation, the increase in the blood flow helps to provide healthy nourishment to the skin cells, which may hinder the growth of acne. Also, exercise helps to fight stress and anxiety which could become a significant reason for acne.
There are various exercises an individual can perform some of these exercises are, walking, cycling, and hiking. An average adult is recommended to at least exercise for 30 mins every-day.
Medical sciences have exceeded far from our imagination, new chemicals are coming to the market every other day, but still, these essential oils hold a special place in everybody’s homes.
As the above facts stated, we could see how effective this tea tree oil was whether it be used for acne or as a deodorant tea tree essential to know how the job has to be done.
These essential oils face many challenges while being used but if it suits someone’s body type it is likely that these oils can work wonders.
From the above report, we can figure out how much these essential oils are safer as compared to the number of chemicals we intake to reduce exterminating acne. There are more chances that a person might feel dizzy, weak, nausea or vomiting by the usage of these chemicals and the funny part is you wouldn’t even know when these chemicals hit you.
Tea tree essential oil if preferred by your body type can work wonders, but if it does not work, unlike chemical drugs it will send out signals that the user should be stopped or there are chances of further damage which could be more hazardous.