Unusual fungal growth on the skin or mucous membrane is due to the yeast known as candida. This kind of infection is also called Candidiasis. Candida can be present inside the human body or can be picked from an external carrier. It is the most common type of fungal infection in human beings.
Without proper supervision or maintenance of the body, candida can reproduce and cause some serious problems. Oregano Oil is a frequently suggested remedy as this oil is capable of destroying candida from its roots.
Many other essential oils have been tried to curb the production of candida, and some examples are the humble coconut oil and the tea tree oil. These remedies are also quite helpful. However, using Oregano Oil has a maximum positive effect. It soothes the affected area and provides quick relief. Oregano oil not only removes candida from the body but also makes the body stronger and prevents further infection from candida as well as other ailments.
Types of Candida
This household infectious disease has been classified mainly into three parts:
Vaginal Yeast Infection: Medically known as Candidal vulvovaginitis, this type of yeast infection affects the vagina and the tissues at the opening of the vagina- the vulva. It is extremely common in India and affects almost 1 million people every year. It can cause inflammation, white discharge from the vagina and itchiness.
Cutaneous candidiasis: This causes yeast infection in the skin and nails and is very common in India and affects as many as 10 million people every year. It causes a red rash usually in the skin between the toes and the fingers, groins, and toenails.
Oral Thrush: This kind of infection occurs in the mouth due to the accumulation of the fungus Candida albicans. It is also known as Oral Candidiasis and is most common in babies. It affects about 1 million people per year in India and causes white lesions on the tongue or inner cheek.
Causes of the Candidiasis
An external agent can not contract candidiasis because the fungal yeast is already present in human beings. However, certain factors can trigger this fungus and cause overproduction of candida:
- The consumption of antibiotics might create some space for the entry of yeast and hence, cause infection.
- Specific cancer and AIDS medications weaken the immune system and can also trigger infections.
- The continuous consumption of steroids also deteriorates the immune system and can cause the overproduction of candida.
- Patients suffering from diabetes or people with long-term use of dentures also become prone to candida.
- Poor personal hygiene, hot weather, and tight garments also create the perfect environment for the overproduction of candida
Symptoms of overproduction of Candida
The usual symptoms that accompany the common cold are:
- Oral Thrush or the infection of the mouth or throat is one of the main symptoms of Candida.
- Fatigue and Tiredness
- Unexplained Digestive Issues
- Recurring Urinary Tract or Genital Infections
- Skin and Nail Fungal Infections
- Sinus Infections
- Pain in the joints
Reasons for using Oregano Oil for Candida
Oregano oil is one of the most significant natural remedies for the widespread fungal infection known as candida. Originally an herb with a strong flavor, oregano is used in many delicacies for its pleasant smell and taste. It comes from the family of the humble mint, and its scientific name is Origanum vulgare(1).
Oregano oil is extracted from the dry leaves and shoots of the oregano plant. The oil is concentrated by steam distillation. It is a natural antibiotic and can fight many bacteria and also helps to lower cholesterol due to the presence of phenols like thymol and carvacrol.
It is a powerful antioxidant that damages free radicals and protects the body, accordingly. Oregano Oil can also be used to treat yeast infections and provide freedom from candida. It helps to improve gut health, helps to relieve pain and also aids weight loss.
Why use oil of Oregano for Candida?
Oregano Oil has the power to make India as well as the world infection-free. The oil contains compounds called phenols, terpenes and terpenoids, which have powerful antioxidant properties:
- Thymol: Thymol is a natural antifungal that supports the immune system and protects the body against toxins.
- Carvacrol: The most abundant phenol in Oregano oil, carvacrol can stop the growth of several different types of bacteria.
- Rosmarinic acid: An essential constituent of Oregano oil, it has powerful antioxidant properties that help to protect the body against damage caused by free radicals.
These compounds are primarily responsible for the health benefits provided by oregano and the oil extracted from it. It is a natural antibiotic and can fight many bacteria. Oregano oil has specific pain-relieving effects too and can efficiently prevent further infection due to its antiviral properties.
The phenols thymol and carvacrol are the key fighters of Candida as they act synergistically to eradicate Candidiasis-causing microbes. They are the main reason for Oregano oil being a perfect alternative to artificial medication.
How to use Oregano Oil for Infection & Candida?
Oregano oil is commonly found in the market in the form of capsules and liquid in a bottle. It can be applied to the skin or consumed directly. The oil, however, must always be diluted. The following can be used for perfect use of the Oregano Oil:
- Oregano Oil can also be kept under the tongue for proper absorption of the nutrients. To do this, mix equal parts of Olive Oil and Oregano oil on a bowl. Place this mixture under the tongue, hold it for a few minutes and finally swallow using water.
- Make a massage oil using the ratio of 1:5 using oregano oil and olive oil to dilute it. Apply directly to the affected skin for best results.
- For consumption in the form of a capsule, swallow the capsule with a cup of water (about 237 ml), gargle for a while and finally swallow the pill.
- The continuous consumption of Oregano oil in the form of a few drops mixed into a glass of warm water also helps the body to strengthen the immune system, develop resistance against yeast infections and completely eradicated Candida.
Dos and Don’ts.
Oregano Oil is a powerful form of medication. If you have just begun to use for the first time, it is better to start with small dosages and continue until you realize your holding capacity. If you are already under prescribed medication, it is better to consult a physician before using to relieve any symptoms.
When buying Oregano oil or oregano oil capsules, a set of rules are also provided for harmless consumption of the product. It is always good to follow these instructions to use the product for a good reason. In the case of diarrhea, muscle fatigue, excessive swallowing, and other disturbing symptoms, you must immediately visit the doctor. These might be an allergic reaction to the strong Oregano oil.
- Always use the recommended dosage.
- There must be an interval of three weeks between the consecutive uses of Oregano Oil for any purpose.
- Check whether you are allergic to Oregano oil before using it because the harmful effects of Oregano oil include vomiting, diarrhea, muscle pain, headache and difficulty in swallowing food to name a few.
- Always dilute Oregano Oil using a suitable carrier oil such as olive oil or coconut oil before application or consumption.
- Consult your physician before using Oregano oil for any purpose.
Home Remedies for Candida:
There are certain foods on the market that are specifically helpful in the growth of GOOD bacteria and inhibit the growth of BAD ones such as Candida:
Coconut Oil: High in lauric acid, Coconut oil was also able to battle Candida in test-tube samples.
Xylitol: This compound not only fights Candida but also prevents it from sticking back to the affected areas and cause further infection.
Curcumin: Though they haven’t been tested for their killing ability, curcumin(2) has been found to reduce the growth of Candida.
Pomegranate: This fruit also helps in reducing the intensity of the infection of Candida.
Garlic: Endowed with the compound allicin, garlic can battle Candida in animals and test-tube samples.
Aloe Vera: The gel of Aloe Vera has been successfully proved to kill Candida in the mouth and prevent further infection.
Probiotic: The friendly bacteria and yeast usually found in yogurt and inside the human body reduces the growth of Candida, strengthens the immune system and prevents infections.
Kombucha: Tea made of Kombucha leaves is rich in polyphenols and acetic acid which help to completely eradicated Candida.
This was all the required information about the benefits of using Oregano Oil for Candida. Using these remedies for at home will hopefully relieve you of the infection that has settled in your body. Oregano oil is the best way to battle Candida, but the dosage of the oil must be carefully monitored. Along with the properties of curing Candida, oregano oil can be used for many reasons such as prevention of inflammation and trigger weight loss.
This wonder oil is a relatively new mode of treatment. You must ensure a physician’s careful supervision for the first few times you use the medication. Candida is a severe disease that might also cause the death of human beings and hence, must be treated as quickly as possible with the best possible medication.
After reading all the benefits of using Oregano Oil, we hope you are ready to make the best judgment. Do give it a try and share your thoughts on this excellent product which was only used to flavor the famous Italian dishes until now.